PDA

View Full Version : FTL?

grahamiam
16-09-2012, 06:11
FTL.

Support your indie game developer. Who just so happens to make good, cheap games :)

http://www.ftlgame.com/

You get the download + a steam key.

Plux
16-09-2012, 16:32
looks interesting.. you develop yourself?? what coding laqnguages?

grahamiam
16-09-2012, 16:39
looks interesting.. you develop yourself?? what coding laqnguages?

No, not me. I just happen to like it and it's a pretty good deal. It's a space rogue-like, if your interested.

Shabbaman
18-09-2012, 12:19
I'm not sold on this, it's not my cup of tea.

ProPain
18-09-2012, 21:09
Saw it on Steam today. Space and roguelike, intrigues me

barbu1977
18-09-2012, 22:35
The reviews I read are good.

I think I'll give it a shot.

barbu1977
25-09-2012, 15:33
I played my first game yesterday and I can't wait to play it again tonight.

When they say roguelike, it means each time you play they generate a universe and you either play through or die. No saving possible.

Basically, you navigate form point to point and get involved in battles (sometimes you have to choice to not take place in them.) In the battles, you control your personnel to repair your ship. You also choose on what part of the enemy ship you aim for.

Everything is really smooth until 5 mantis board you ship and kill you whole crew. GAME OVER. I want another shot.

Melifluous
25-09-2012, 17:23
Yeah I've also been playing this, great for train journeys although a single run through tends to take me around an hour.

I've unlocked 2 extra ships so far and an extra layout.

I've made it to the final sector several times, but haven't beaten the boss yet.

[meli]

ps. Pro-tip you'll work out soon, you don't have to rush to the end of each sector. Even letting the rebels catch up to you only means a single rewardless battle against a rebel ship.

pps. Also you can jump as soon as your FTL drive will let you, you don't have to finish the fight.

grahamiam
26-09-2012, 06:00
Got the stealth ship last night [party] but I still haven't beat the boss [sad]

on easy

Melifluous
26-09-2012, 13:06
I must admit, I've got no idea whatsoever on how to beat the boss.

And to be fair, easy is not that much easier than normal...

[meli]