PDA

View Full Version : Steam sale 2K games

ProPain
09-03-2012, 08:01
Steam has a sale on 2K games at the moment. All games in the civ franchise are 50% off untill monday but they're doin daily deals within the sale as well offering even more discount. Borderlands franchise is todays deal and has a 75% discount, it wouldn't surprise me if we'd see something like that on Civilization as well over the weekend.

So if you want to buy Civ V or some of the DLC keep your eyes open, there might be a daily deal and if not you can get the 50%. Also Civ III & IV are on sale Civ III complete is € 2.49 and Civ IV complete sells for € 12.50 and that includes the Colonization remake. Might be worth it if your CD's are broken, like mine, or you're just too lazy too get them from the attic.

Shabbaman
09-03-2012, 09:48
Nice find. Maybe I'll pick up some of the DLC for civ5.

If you like single player shooters and enjoy looting the same places over and over, Borderlands is a lot of fun. I have it on PS3, but the DLC is costly in the playstation store. So I picked up the GOTY-edition on Steam some time ago, just because it's so cheap.

ProPain
09-03-2012, 17:06
Is borderlands like a FPS Diable then?

Shabbaman
09-03-2012, 17:23
Diable is propainesque for Diablo I guess? Yeah, it has some RPG elements like character building with levels and perks, and the missions are also like, well, missions. The story element of the game is a bit poor, and the missions are repetitive. That's intentional though (after you finished the game the first time, you get to play it again, but then with a higher level cap... but the fact that you have to play the introductionary levels again as well is a major flaw). The game is centered about the different weapons, and you can build your character around them, suiting your playstyle.

It's also possible to play 4 player coop, which is a lot of fun.

ProPain
09-03-2012, 17:28
Diable is Diablo yes.:D

barbu1977
09-03-2012, 17:44
Hey Brohterland was on sale on Thursday. I want my Friday special as I don't play FPS.

I will probably get X-com UFO defense at 2,50$. (I doubt it's going to go at 75%)

BTW, since we are looking at RPG crossover, I just went though the demo of Defendrer's Quest (not on steam, unfortunately) , and I'll probably buy it (7$). It's a nice tower defense - RPG mix, and the story is somewhat nicely scripted.

barbu1977
09-03-2012, 20:31
Bah, Mafia II.

ProPain
10-03-2012, 07:43
lol, you dont like Maffia II or just disappointed it isn't X-com?

I got Maffia I as a prize in the Steam Xmas Holiday achievement event. Haven't gotten around to installing it though.

Matrix
10-03-2012, 15:03
propainesque

I'm gonna remember this word.

Thanks for the tip anyway! ;)

ProPain
10-03-2012, 18:42
I blame Killer for starting all that misspelling :D....

barbu1977
10-03-2012, 20:14
lol, you dont like Maffia II or just disappointed it isn't X-com?

A bit of both I guess!

Bioshock is on sale today. Another shooter!

ProPain
10-03-2012, 23:32
maybe they have a lot of FPS on stock and need to clean out the warehouse :)

akots
11-03-2012, 19:08
Skyrim is on sale at gamestop for $40.

ProPain
11-03-2012, 20:54
Today is the Civ V sale! 75% off all things civ V.

It's not the entire franchise, civ III and IV are still just 50%

BCLG100
13-03-2012, 23:37
Skyrim is on sale at gamestop for $40.

I have it for xbox (though my xbox is currently being fixed) If you get it be prepared to put a hold on everything else in your life.

ProPain
14-03-2012, 21:02
I still have morrowind and oblivion to finish, but I've had more than a few moments where I seriously had to constrain myself and not by Skyrim anyway.

akots
15-03-2012, 00:41
I also struggled with Morrowind and could not finish. The game is exceptional but there is just too much time there wasted for no action. Oblivion is substantially more dynamic and I actually played through it and even got to maximal allowed level topping all the skills on 75-80% difficulty without cheats. It takes some time but it is playable at 1-2 hours per day after work. Morrowind requires considerable dedication.

It seems that Skyrim is somewhat similar to Oblivion in dynamics and should be possible to keep the job even if buying it albeit, it is better to buy prior to an anticipated vacation. Otherwise, consequences can be dire. I think I'll wait until summer and will decide then.

There are two other games which are probably even better. Mass Effect 3 seems to be quite good and there is also Kingdom of Amalur. I recently finished Two Worlds II which is also a great fun and is very dynamic. When I get home after work, I have an hour to spare and killing things in a mindless manner relieves a lot of stress.

BCLG100
15-03-2012, 01:02
I only perused Oblivion and enjoyed it but never got Morrowind. I definitely feel that skyrim is the main reason i'm now paying to have my xbox fixed whereas i'd have happily just continued playing Champ Man on my laptop!

grs
15-03-2012, 08:51
I played Skyrim quite some hours and while the game is done really well, it gets kind of stale for me after maybe 2/3rd of the game. The dungeons/quests are more or less all the same and much of the storyline feels a bit like an interactive video.

Also the crafting system is too strong imho. Without grinding or cheating I had my optimal armor quite fast and I just judge drops from mosters and quests by their sale value now :/

Don't get me wrong, I had about 40-50 hours real fun with the game, but it seems to me like too much of the same.