PDA

View Full Version : Torchlight II

ProPain
27-08-2011, 09:46
I know some of you own Torchlight on Steam, but fot those who don't: it's a Diablo clone developed by old Blizzard developers who worked on Diablo I & II.

Torchlight II should be released this year and I think it loooks really good.

here's a short gameplay video from IGN (http://uk.ign.com/videos/2011/08/26/pax-torchlight-ii-developer-commentary)

With Diablo III also in the near future it will be interesting to see what happens but I must say Torchlight II will have my sympathy vote the way things look now

- 20 dollar price tag (My guess is D3 will be around the 50-60 dollar mark)
- LAN play included (Bliz policy nowadays is we should all only play on BattleNet, so I suspect this will be the same for Diablo)
- all development tools that are used to make Torchlight are released with the game itself to facilitate modding

Hard to say anything about gameplay atm, but I do feel Runic Studio continues in the old Bliz customer friendly style while Bliz sort of abandoned that attitude when the Activision suits entered the building.

grahamiam
27-08-2011, 18:36
I liked Torchlight as well as the online game they did before that (I forget the name, but it was done to test the netcode for Hellgate London), so I'll probably buy II as well.