PDA

View Full Version : Humble Indie Bundle 3

ProPain
06-08-2011, 15:16
There's a new Humble Indie Bundle on sale.

http://www.humblebundle.com/

Quite some good games imo and for a price you can determine yourself and supports charity to boot!

I haven't played the no3 bundle games yet but I hear VVVvvv, Atom zombie smasher are really good. Dunno about Cogs but it looks fun too, Furiey owns it, maybe she can say something sensible about it :)

If you spent more than the average gifted amount you get the games from bundle 2 as well. I have that bundle and played most games

Machinarium: awesome point & click puzzle adventure. I even finished this game and that rarely happens. :)
Braid: Nice puzzle platformer with really good graphics.
Revenge of the Titans: Tower defense game. Have only played it a bit but I thought it was pretty ok. Appears to have a pretty steep difficulty curve though when you get to the higher levels.
Osmos: Originally designed for Ipad and touch screen controls. It didn't really appeal to me that much though, maybe with touch controls it's good, on pc I've seen a lot more interesting games.

Furiey
06-08-2011, 22:02
Cogs: suprisingly enough puzzles using cogs... and gears and pipes and balloons and wheels. Move the cog/pipe pieces about to get the thing to work. Starts simple, ends up 3D and both sides! Timed or minimum moves to get medals to unlock more cog puzzles. It has kept me occupied for a while, but you can just jump in an do a single puzzle if you don't have much time. I still have a long way to go to complete it, a nice little game.

Machinarium is the only other game I've played, I also worked right through it. Nice animations too.

socralynnek
08-08-2011, 13:25
Downloaded. Yesterday, I especially played "And yet it moves". Fascinating (although I don't know whether the concept works for very long)

Short descripton: Kind of a Jump and Run to the finish game where you can rotate the world (especially also while you are jumping) to get around corners.