PDA

View Full Version : Good old games (gog.com)

ProPain
28-06-2011, 08:25
Anyone on gog.com here?

Ran into gog when they made the news with their big site overhaul that they claimed was a site closure. Good PR stunt that appeared to be. Really love what they're doing, old games optimised for new OS's and DRM free. They usually throw in some extras (wallpaper, soundstrack, avatars etc.) compared to Steam as well. Installation is a breeze and prices are very reasonable. Also some games that were hard to come by are made available.

Shabbaman
28-06-2011, 08:58
It's a nice site, there's not many of those old games that I still want though.

socralynnek
28-06-2011, 09:52
Damn, am I so old? Just had a quick look an the "good old" games, I'd rather consider as "slightly aged" games.

OK, so I stay with an emulator for my good old Amiga games...

ProPain
28-06-2011, 10:35
Yes we are that old :)

I still have my amiga in the attic including a big box of 3,5"disks with games for it. Wife asks me once every year when I plan to get rid of it, I always answer I can't, sentimental reasons yo know.

I remember being so in awe when I saw what my amiga could do.

akots
28-06-2011, 21:44
The site is quite good although there are some problems with some games. They don't claim they make a perfect adaptation. You still need to put some time and effort into it.

Also, they have a very good forum with exhastive coverage of almost every subject. The people there are very friendly and you can get an advice on anything, not only on their own products. I read it frequently. It is a first place to visit if help is needed.