PDA

View Full Version : Age of Wonders on Steam

ProPain
12-10-2010, 19:59
Age of Wonders has been released on steam for very reasonable prices (6€ to 9€). For those who never played this game: it's a Heroes of Might and Magic clone. I wouldn't recommend buying the trilogy (all 3 games), cause they're all very similar for what I heard/read.

I personally own AoW Shadow Magic and thought that was a nice game.

barbu1977
12-10-2010, 20:42
Nice game although from what I remember them AI is completely clueless in castle sieges.

Personaly, HOMM 3 or 5 had a beter fun factor.

ProPain
12-10-2010, 23:20
I agree that HOMM3 is better, dunno about HOMM5. I own it but never got round to installing it. So many games, so little time.

About the AI being clueless, too long ago for me to remember that. But I played HOMM3 a fair bit and that AI didn't make a real sophisticated impression on me as well.

ProPain
24-06-2011, 21:11
I see Darkness bought it (Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic that is) recently and TotallyBiscuit putting it on top of his recommended list at gog.com

Think I'm gonna reinstall this on my classic gaming rig as well and relive the (not so) old days. :)

Darkness
24-06-2011, 23:38
I see Darkness bought it recently

Bought it last night. It looked quite interesting and the reviews were pretty good. We'll see how I like it... :)

ProPain
25-06-2011, 01:46
It's from the same guys who later did Overlord. Bought that a few days a go in the daily deal. Still have to install it. Bought FallOut 1&2 on gog.com for $2.99 each, so playing that 1st

Yeah I know, I;m an addict.