PDA

View Full Version : BCLG Going on an Adventure!

BCLG100
06-08-2010, 01:32
So me and a few mates are going on a 2 week jolly round europe at the end of August!

It's quite a whistle stop tour!

30th Amsterdam---Berlin- 9am
1st Berlin----Prague 8 or 10
3rd Prague----- Krakow 6.11 (All nighter)
5th Krakow---- Vienna 7.24 (Recovery Night)
7th Vienna------Budapest 9.50

So I can find out where to go in the daytime easily enough (though if anyone has any tidbits feel free to let me know). Does anyone know where to go in these places in the evening?

Dates on the left, the numbers on the right are the train times we're getting to the new places on the train!

barbu1977
06-08-2010, 02:37
In that list, I've only been to Prague and I had my 1.5y.o. daughter along. So very little night escapades.

Have fun! Looks like a nice beer tasting trip.

Shabbaman
06-08-2010, 10:00
You're doing this by plane, bus or train? Berlin is nice, but it has been a couple of years since I've been there. I'd bother Killer with some questions about that, if I were you. As for Amsterdam, it's a silly place. Let's not go there.

BCLG100
06-08-2010, 13:38
Interrail, seems the easiest option. Ferry over to Amsterdam and then flight back from budapest.

Shabbaman
06-08-2010, 13:49
Make sure you eat bitterballen and kroketten in Amsterdam, it's the only good part of the dutch culture. Make sure you get the brand "Van Dobben". There are about a million youth hostels in Amsterdam. Is there anything in particular you like? Beer, paintings, architecture, nature?

BCLG100
06-08-2010, 14:45
Not going to lie, the plan is to be the stereotypical British Lads on holiday so beer and women are top of the agenda so any tips relating to either of them?

I have said I want to do some culture stuff, so Krakow I'm planning on going to Auschwitz even if just by myself

Darkness
06-08-2010, 14:59
Not going to lie, the plan is to be the stereotypical British Lads on holiday so beer and women are top of the agenda so any tips relating to either of them?

I have said I want to do some culture stuff, so Krakow I'm planning on going to Auschwitz even if just by myself

How about this then?
A pub in Amsterdam selling only Dutch beers (that way you silly Brits ;) get to drink some nice, real beers instead of that lukewarm stuff that you have in England)...

http://www.arendsnest.nl/english.php

BCLG100
09-08-2010, 00:38
Darkness is getting what we want! [goodjob]

Staying in a youth hostel in Amsterdam which specifically advertises itself as the worst youth hostel in the world....

Shabbaman
09-08-2010, 08:48
You know the dutch don't do sarcasm? ;)

BCLG100
09-08-2010, 11:20
Apparently there is an independent book about just how bad it is. I fully expect it to be horrific but Amsterdam was all booked up otherwise!