PDA

View Full Version : Killer vs anarres #2 ** MAP -- ON HOLD **

anarres
22-06-2003, 21:31
Can Killer and me have the following map:

- NO AI!
- Small or Standard (suprise us)
- All other settings random

This will be a bastard to balance, and it will be extra important on this map. We would like the map maker to try to give us:

- access to the same number of luxuries,
- access to the same resources (we both need all of them somewhere), - comparable bonus food tiles.
- civs that complement each other (like both industrious or not), if we are on a pangea we should have comparable UU's too, like both ancient or both knights. If we are on islands on a standard map then panzers as a UU would be amazingly awesome as compared to Numidian Mercs, for example.

Basically we need it as 'perfect' as possible. ;)

A huge request, and hopefully we can give you a game worthy of the map. :D

Aggie
23-06-2003, 20:39
Since no-one will take it, I'll give it a try...

Aggie
23-06-2003, 22:14
I worked on it for a couple of hours and I'm totally not impressed by what I did :(. It might be better if someone else would take it, because I won't have a lot of free time the next few days...

Sorry.

Nightfa11
27-06-2003, 16:50
Anarres,

I am willing to give this a try. Do you mind a sort of symmetrical map? IE, one where both sides look roughly the same for play balancing?

Please feel free to IM or email me to discuss. See sig for details.

Also, what difficulty settings? I don't think that can be random....

anarres
27-06-2003, 17:23
Nightfa11,

Thanks for the offer, but Dr Alimentado said on MSM a couple of days ago that he would do it (he may already be half way through). If he can not then give it a go.

I will not be around until tomorrow on MSM so lets talk then if DrA can't do it.

Nightfa11
27-06-2003, 17:26
Ok, I'm already making it...I will just keep making it, as a fairly symmetrical map w/ two players might come in handy someday...and I'm having fun. I'll just keep in mind you won't need it, tho.

anarres
29-06-2003, 13:18
Killer is going away for several weeks soon, so we have decided to wait to play this game until he gets back.