PDA

View Full Version : Which personality are you ?

Skyfish
22-06-2003, 00:27
As a follow up to the right wing/left wing test, here is a fun test that most of you probably know :

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes1.htm

Please psot your answer on some comment on what you think of the result of oyou and others.

Maybe we'll get to learn a bit more about each other... [evil]

Skyfish
22-06-2003, 00:29
And to start off... I am an eNTj "The Field Marshall" :(

http://keirsey.com/personality/ntej.html

http://typelogic.com/entj.html

I thought it fitted nicely the Civ3 theme though...

Melifluous
22-06-2003, 14:39
Hmm I am INTP, the 'architect'

Sounds about right if you ask me

quote:Many regard this attitude as arrogant, and Architects are likely, especially in their later years, after finding out that most others are faking an understanding of the laws of nature, to think of themselves as the prime movers who must pit themselves against nature and society in an endless struggle to define ends clearly and adopt whatever means that promise success

[thumbsup]

Melifluous

col
22-06-2003, 14:57
I'm an INTJ - the Mastermind. Hannibal was too - not the canniball the Carthago general!

Masterminds will adopt ideas only if they are useful, which is to say if they work efficiently toward accomplishing the Mastermind's well-defined goals. Natural leaders, Masterminds are not at all eager to take command of projects or groups, preferring to stay in the background until others demonstrate their inability to lead. Once in charge, however, Masterminds are the supreme pragmatists, seeing reality as a crucible for refining their strategies for goal-directed action. In a sense, Masterminds approach reality as they would a giant chess board, always seeking strategies that have a high payoff, and always devising contingency plans in case of error or adversity. To the Mastermind, organizational structure and operational procedures are never arbitrary, never set in concrete, but are quite malleable and can be changed, improved, streamlined. In their drive for efficient action, Masterminds are the most open-minded of all the types. No idea is too far-fetched to be entertained-if it is useful. Masterminds are natural brainstormers, always open to new concepts and, in fact, aggressively seeking them. They are also alert to the consequences of applying new ideas or positions. Theories which cannot be made to work are quickly discarded by the Masterminds. On the other hand, Masterminds can be quite ruthless in implementing effective ideas, seldom counting personal cost in terms of time and energy.

Sounds about right to me.....

Skyfish
22-06-2003, 15:16
anarres is Mastermind too....he was ahum...too... [smokin]..sleepy.... to post his results yesterday night [lol]

DrAlimentado
22-06-2003, 17:04
I got iNFp : Healer this time round. Last time I did it I got it I got eNTp : Inventor though! [lol] different on two axis... must be my schizophrenic nature ;)

DrAlimentado
22-06-2003, 17:06
and here's what the axis mean: (I say nothing about what the test measures though ;))

The Four Dimensions of Myers and Jung;

Extroversion (E) and Introversion (I)

Intuition (N) and Sensing (S)

Thinking (T) and Feeling (F)

Judgement (J) and Perception (P)

Thinking Types
ESTJ -- ENTJ [Extraverted Thinking]
ISTP -- INTP [Introverted Thinking]
Intuitive Types
ENTP-- ENFP [Extraverted Intuiting]
INFJ -- INTJ [Introverted Intuiting]
NT Rationals
ENTJ -- INTJ [Coordinator]
ENTP -- INTP [Engineer]
NF Idealists
ENFJ -- INFJ [Mentor]
ENFP -- INFP [Advocate]

Feeling Types
ESFJ -- ENFJ [Extraverted Feeling]
ISFP -- INFP [Introverted Feeling]
Sensory Types
ESTP -- ESFP [Extraverted Sensing]
ISFJ -- ISTJ [Introverted Sensing]
SP Artisans
ESTP -- ISTP [Expeditor]
ESFP -- ISFP [Improviser]
SJ Guardians
ESTJ -- ISTJ [Administrator]
ESFJ -- ISFJ [Conservator]

anarres
22-06-2003, 17:06
I am a mastermind too col. :)

Aggie
22-06-2003, 20:44
ENFJ, the teacher/mentor. I'm afraid that's quite correct. Intuitive is the strongest trait.

EDIT: just like David of Israel, Michael Gorbasjev and Abe Lincoln :) and oh also Reagan :(

Stapel
23-06-2003, 10:21
I think I don't fit in any square made up by psychiatrists, so I won't do the test. Putting people in squares is the start of fascism! Sounds a bit ovderdone maybe, but I don't like it.

The problem is that once being put in a square, based on some qualities/properties/features one has, people tend to think you have other qualities, that fit with the others.

Aggie
23-06-2003, 11:08
Stapel: [sleep]
Your liberal point of view is going over the top imvho. This is not a black and white test, it gives a direction.

Skyfish
23-06-2003, 11:46
It's also meant to be a "fun" test Stapel.... nobody says it's the definite truth or take it too serioulsy !
Am sure you'll have fun reading the results, just try it, see if you want to publish the results.

As an example, here is a quote from my profile :

ENTJs are often "larger than life" in describing their projects or proposals. This ability may be expressed as salesmanship, story-telling facility or stand-up comedy. In combination with the natural propensity for filibuster, our hero can make it very difficult for the customer to decline.
TRADEMARK: -- "I'm really sorry you have to die." (I realize this is an overstatement. However, most Fs and other gentle souls usually chuckle knowingly at this description.)
ENTJs are decisive. They see what needs to be done, and frequently assign roles to their fellows. Few other types can equal their ability to remain resolute in conflict, sending the valiant (and often leading the charge) into the mouth of hell. When challenged, the ENTJ may by reflex become argumentative. Alternatively (s)he may unleash an icy gaze that serves notice: the ENTJ is not one to be trifled with. "

[lol] [lol] [lol]

Lt. Killer M
23-06-2003, 12:18
col: BOTH Hannibals........

me, too, btw....

Skyfish
23-06-2003, 12:35
Sheesh we got loads of Masterminds here...dunno if that's too good ;)

Lt. Killer M
23-06-2003, 13:10
hehe, Augustus.....

Eklektikos
23-06-2003, 13:29
Another INTP Architect here. The description is irritatingly accurate.

ProPain
23-06-2003, 15:58
Came an ENTJ this this time. EN very strong (100% on E!) TJ slightly. FIrst I took this one (3 years ago) I came out an ENTP where I scored a very strong P (most extreme out of 26 people with a score of 94 iirc) instead of the slight J I have now.

Apparently I'm starting to favor taking a decision over keeping open your options. Must be a sign of old age :)

ERIKK
23-06-2003, 16:02
Your Type is
INFJ
Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging
Strength of the preferences %
22 22 11 17

slightly expressed introvert
slightly expressed intuitive personality
slightly expressed feeling personality
slightly expressed judging personality

I am the Counselor (iNFj)

Mohandas Gandhi and Eleanor Roosevelt are examples of the Counselor Idealist (INFJ).

Again Ghandi, I had that in the other one too! :)

Stapel
23-06-2003, 17:17
quote:Originally posted by Aggie

Stapel: [sleep]
Your liberal point of view is going over the top imvho. This is not a black and white test, it gives a direction.

Ok, I will do the test and even pos the results.

But, even before having seen the test, I do one again say I don't feel comfortable with these tests. The whole idea that we can be put into squares opposes me. Even if it is just a direction or just fun. I am a bit surprised I am the only one that sees it this way. If it were up to me, tests like this would not be invented. They are quite pointless imho.

But I agree: for this forum, where we meet on an almost daily basis, without knowing eachother it might help. But keep in mind you might get a wrong impression about someone! I have been called a 'typical' everything in my life and found that very annoying.

Stapel
23-06-2003, 17:29
Me ENTP, whatever that may be ;)

Stapel is, (just like Alex the Great):

very expressed extrovert

distinctively expressed intuitive personality

slightly expressed thinking personality

moderately expressed perceiving personality

Skyfish
23-06-2003, 20:38
hehe Stapel :

ENTPs are usually verbally as well as cerebrally quick, and generally love to argue--both for its own sake, and to show off their often-impressive skills. They tend to have a perverse sense of humor as well, and enjoy playing devil's advocate. They sometimes confuse, even inadvertently hurt, those who don't understand or accept the concept of argument as a sport.

See how true this is ? I find it pretty good. Btw we are quite similar in profile Stapel I am a J instead of P.
Nothing negative about this test really...

I found Erik's results very interesting as well, a "slight" of everything.... [lol]

Gothmog
23-06-2003, 20:38
The Scientist: As an INTJ, your primary mode of living is focused internally, where you take things in primarily via your intuition. Your secondary mode is external, where you deal with things rationally and logically.

Works for me... guess I chose the right profession.

"When under a great deal of stress, the INTJ may become obsessed with mindless repetitive, Sensate activities, such as over-drinking." or in my case [smokin]

Edit: This got removed somehow - we are obviously not a random subset of the population as INTJ's make up no more than 1%.

Stapel
24-06-2003, 09:50
Yes this is true! I love to argue and I enjoy playing the devil's advocate and indeed: many get confused and sometimes even hurt by their lack of understanding my points ( ;) It is of course their fault, and not mine).
I also have a ?pervers? sense of humor... Well, that is just relative (as all is, I remember that question).

But, This is only a few of the many parts of me. People tend to think of me as a typical ENTP and might address some other qualities to me, which I might lack. Or vice versa: deny some of my brilliant qualities ;) .

There is nothing wrong with this test. It is just that it whould never come into my head to create such tests. I have been put by various people in the wrong square (maybe for the simple reason there is no rigth square), which might cause my aversy.

quote:Originally posted by Skyfish

hehe Stapel :

ENTPs are usually verbally as well as cerebrally quick, and generally love to argue--both for its own sake, and to show off their often-impressive skills. They tend to have a perverse sense of humor as well, and enjoy playing devil's advocate. They sometimes confuse, even inadvertently hurt, those who don't understand or accept the concept of argument as a sport.

See how true this is ? I find it pretty good. Btw we are quite similar in profile Stapel I am a J instead of P.
Nothing negative about this test really...

I found Erik's results very interesting as well, a "slight" of everything.... [lol]

Lt. Killer M
24-06-2003, 14:16
I have to admit that I am actually rather well described as well... a few minor points that probably stem from those questions I wasn't sure how to answer.....

Gothmog
24-06-2003, 15:40
These tests are certainly better than horoscopes, but not too far removed. There is a famous test where someone comes into a class and after determining the 'sign' of everyone, hands out horoscopes. The students are then asked to write how accurate or not the horoscope was. Invariably the vast majority of students are amazed at how well their current situation was described. Comments such as 'it was writen just for me' are common. Then the punch line is that every student was given the same horoscope! The human condition is what connects us all.

prettyvacant
24-06-2003, 17:24
yes youre quite right gothmog. Ive been looking at previous desciptions and in each case have thought it was describing me. However the test tells me im a teacher. "Teachers expect the very best of those around them, and this expectation, usually expressed as enthusiastic encouragement, motivates action in others and the desire to live up to their expectations. Teachers have the charming characteristic of taking for granted that their expectations will be met, their implicit commands obeyed, never doubting that people will want to do what they suggest. And, more often than not, people do, because this type has extraordinary charisma."[blush]

Matrix
24-06-2003, 23:14
Extroversion: 33%
Intuition: 78%
Thinking: 44%
Perception: 33%

jack merchant
01-07-2003, 17:25
As always, I come out as a Healer - INFP.

As per Keirsey:

--------------------------------

Healer Idealists are abstract in thought and speech, cooperative in striving for their ends, and informative and introverted in their interpersonal relations. Healer present a seemingly tranquil, and noticiably pleasant face to the world, and though to all appearances they might seem reserved, and even shy, on the inside they are anything but reserved, having a capacity for caring not always found in other types. They care deeply-indeed, passionately-about a few special persons or a favorite cause, and their fervent aim is to bring peace and integrity to their loved ones and the world.

Healers have a profound sense of idealism derived from a strong personal morality, and they conceive of the world as an ethical, honorable place. Indeed, to understand Healers, we must understand their idealism as almost boundless and selfless, inspiring them to make extraordinary sacrifices for someone or something they believe in. The Healer is the Prince or Princess of fairytale, the King's Champion or Defender of the Faith, like Sir Galahad or Joan of Arc. Healers are found in only 1 percent of the general population, although, at times, their idealism leaves them feeling even more isolated from the rest of humanity.

------------------------------

Needless to say, this personality type leaves me patently unsuited for a competitive pursuit like PBEM'ing [crazyeye]

Ehecatl Atzin
24-07-2003, 03:02
I'm an INFP-- healer; the same as Virgil and Shakespeare...but also Tom Brokaw [B)]

Hygro
19-08-2003, 11:22
ENFJ
moderately expressed extrovert
moderately expressed feeling personality
slightly expressed judging personality

but I'm very intiutive nevertheless

Ehecatl Atzin
21-08-2003, 21:07
Spam

EDIT-- this spam has been found, go get another one...

Sir Eric
22-08-2003, 14:40
I am a mastermind.....
Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
56 33 56 33

I tnink this means that I wont talk to anyone but I'll just think about them and critisize them for no appparent reason

smalltalk
23-08-2003, 16:26
The Architect (iNTp)

slightly expressed introvert
slightly expressed thinking personality
slightly expressed perceiving personality

and I always thought, I'd be rather extreme in my ways.

"The Architects' distant goal is always to rearrange the environment somehow, to shape, to construct, to devise, whether it be buildings, institutions, enterprises, or theories."

So that's way I play builder style Civ :D

"Mathematics is a system where many INTPs love to play, similarly languages, computer systems--potentially any complex system. ... This fascination for logical wholes and their inner workings is often expressed in a detachment from the environment, a concentration where time is forgotten and extraneous stimuli are held at bay."

[rolleyes]

Famous INTPs:

Socrates
Sir Isaac Newton
C. G. Jung
Albert Einstein

- now that's too much of an honor, but I'm really glad to fall into the same category as

[b]Henri Mancini

yndy
27-08-2003, 08:02
quote:Originally posted by Eklektikos

Another INTP Architect here. The description is irritatingly accurate.

Same here. Both profile and irritatingly accurate description.

Pastorius
09-11-2004, 19:20
Your Type is
INTJ
Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
67 11 33 33

You are:

* distinctively expressed introvert
* slightly expressed intuitive personality
* moderately expressed thinking personality
* moderately expressed judging personality

Ack! A mastermind

*evil cackle*

Well, I wouldnt say it is way off, but I am hardly a perfectionist...

Grille
14-11-2004, 01:56
not that much variety here on CDZ

ENTP here:
# slightly expressed extrovert
# distinctively expressed intuitive personality
# moderately expressed thinking personality
# distinctively expressed perceiving personality

I take pride to share this attribute with Celine Dion and Bugs Bunny.[yeah]
Pity these are fictional characters...