PDA

View Full Version : Civ: board game

Shabbaman
25-08-2009, 15:46
I have the civ board game, a pretty nice game but very lengthy. I know PP has it, and currently Matrix is enjoying the game as well (in fact, my game :D). The game is something like Risk, but more complicated and more interesting. As far as a boardgame could emulate civ, this game does a nice job of it.

But the games take forever. So I was actually surprised that Rhye made a new ruleset (http://rhye.civfanatics.net/pages/bg-menu.php) for it. It claims to shorten games to 2 to 3 hours!

barbu1977
25-08-2009, 16:15
I've recently played Small world. Another game that looks like Risk, but way more enjoyable.

You pick a race and an atribute. when you are too weak, you skip a turn and pick a new one. The game plays under 1.5 hour.

ProPain
25-08-2009, 23:05
Have you tried the new ruleset?

Shabbaman
26-08-2009, 12:11
Well no, because Matrix has my game.

Matrix
26-08-2009, 16:01
I'll buy it soon and give your game to your sister.

I can't really say I agree with Rhye that the board game could've been so much better and wouldn't fancy his new rules. But then again I'm very conservative when it comes to stuff like this.

There are a few things, however, that the manual/rules don't explain and can cause confusion, but those are minor issues.

And if Rhye needs a calculator for his income he should've gone to a better school, I reckon. [lol]