PDA

View Full Version : Things that PISS me OFF!

Lt. Killer M
18-08-2009, 01:37
1) playing CIV and losing 5 out of 10 battles with >90% odds.

2) a 'general director' of a Museum of Natural History who is an accommodist.

3) people who block my driveway when parking.

to be continued......

Matrix
18-08-2009, 02:06
1: If you play enough battles this stuff happens. People, in general, tend to notice bad luck better than good luck, but for you that's even stronger, as I've noticed during our RL encounters. But that might have something to do with your sensitivity to injustice, so it's not necessarily a bad thing. :) After all, one cannot hurt the AI's feelings.
2: What's an accommodist? :rolleyes:
3: [/shrug]

akots
18-08-2009, 03:32
1.) I'm quite impartial to RNG so long and I'm not losing any money gambling. Since I don't gamble for the past 30 years (after buying 10 lottery tickets and losing everything with my week's worth of pocket change for school breakfasts; I was 12 years old then), I could not care less.

2.) Every boss is at least annoying. Resources are never unlimited so he's seldom saying "yes" and almost always saying "no" and this is his main function. You'd be a boss, it would be same for you.

3.) Garee 500%. So, I park outside of my own driveway most of the time to prevent that from happening. Sometimes they still double park but then, you can call a tow truck. You can be late for work but they get towed which at least makes you feel better.

socralynnek
18-08-2009, 11:12
1) playing CIV and losing 5 out of 10 battles with >90% odds.

2) a 'general director' of a Museum of Natural History who is an accommodist.

3) people who block my driveway when parking.

to be continued......

1) I am pretty sure you have at some point already won 5 out of 10 batles with < 10% odds...

2) A General called Director ? Military?

3) Go by bike! (OK, I know that might not even help against stupid parking people)

barbu1977
18-08-2009, 14:22
It made me rememberer my probability classes.

Out of 10, loosing 5 or more 90% battles odds are kind of slim (0.163%). Lossing 4 or more, odds are way higher at 1.27%.

http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=295&stc=1&d=1250598014

However, I have always suspected the civ4 odds calculator to be a bit off.

Shabbaman
18-08-2009, 19:00
1) Not getting a birthday thread :(
2) Being back from holiday. Well, not so much being home, rather the prospect of WORK.
3) Not enough spam on this site.

Beam
18-08-2009, 21:22
4) Go to work by bus in the morning instead of bike because of expected thunderstorms late afternoon. Then no thunderstorms late afternoon. [rant]