PDA

View Full Version : downtime for maintenance

ProPain
23-06-2009, 18:26
CDZ will be down for maintenance

Our ever so communicative ISP *cough* send us an email announcing we will be down for about 30 mins somewhere between 7am and 9am on Sunday the 28th of June. That's Amsterdam/Brussels/Paris time people.

In a rare moment of sharing they also explained it will be a physical move of our server that will require a total power off (obviously).

Because my kids usually are awake before 7am I'll do a normal shutdown myself and then hope for the best. Just don't be surprised if 9am turns out to be 9pm cause our ISP's technicians aren't very well known for accurate predictions or emphasising customer satisfaction. And as our ISP doesn't employ customer reps we'll have to make due with the tech guys.

I'll be crossing my fingers together with you all.

PP

Shabbaman
24-06-2009, 10:54
Just in case this site isn't around to ask in the near future, would you care to divulge the physical location of the ISP so that I can prepare The Fist(tm)? [punch]

ProPain
24-06-2009, 18:16
Our ISP is located in Rotjeknor. Which is a good thing cause I have a project there so I can visit them if necesary [fdevil]

http://www.flexservers.nl/

They have contact details but don't get your hopes up: office time only. Their 24 hour beeper number is hidden away deeply on the site. Fear not, I have found it several times before :)

Shabbaman
27-06-2009, 12:47
Well, so far so good, right?