PDA

View Full Version : SPOILER: CIVleague vs. socralynnek

Lt. Killer M
23-06-2009, 15:08
So here we go: I give you guys another chance to trounce me. Socralynnek goes first...... as Cyrus/Native Americans.

His UU is the Dog Soldier - extra 100% vs. melee. Mine is the Skirkisher - uber-Archer. My start techs are mining and wheel, his are agri and fishing, IIRC. The smart course, I think, would be to go for archery and let his UU bonus run empty, by not using melee units (much). So I'll do the unexpected and USE axes. After all, he must get mining and BW before he can build them. I doubt he will waste the funds to BUY both techs ASAP. That gives me a short time window - task 1 is thus findin' 'im. ;)

start: I bought BW, built mine and road. Worker in Djenne, so road will be done fast. Warriors will scout.

Darkness
23-06-2009, 16:47
Risky...
If you don't find/kill him soon enough you may be very vulnerable for some time.

akots
23-06-2009, 20:48
I don't get it. If you are going for skirmishers, why not buying archery right away? As Darkness said, you are going to be very vulnerable to a wandering chariot for the next 7 turns or so. It also seems that ynnek did not buy any techs however.

Lt. Killer M
23-06-2009, 22:54
yep, risky! But usually the totally unexpected (i.e. stupid) works just as well as the best possible and thus most predictable plan.

In the test games I played today I lost about 45% of my skirmishers attacking warriors. I should have lost no more than 30%. For an n of ~150, that is a significant difference. So the RNG is the BigBoss in these games, methinks.

Lt. Killer M
04-08-2009, 18:27
bah! He has found me, and I made a very stupid maths mistake when calculating whip times. I thought I could whip skrimishers with 1 pop point by now, but it is still 2. So he will raze one of my towns in a few turns, I think.