PDA

View Full Version : Civ4:BtS v3.19 released!

Shabbaman
11-06-2009, 21:58
New Civ4-BTS patch released

Firaxis has released an update for Beyond the Sword. Quite some changes too:

Info screen always shows demographics when espionage is disabled
Players can no longer receive obsolete resources through trade
Fixed bug where culture obtained through espionage was 100 times lower than intended
AI player better evaluates his situation before voting for a ban on nuclear weapons
Fixed a few AI civic evaluation bugs
AI changes civics during Golden Ages
Fixed bug with AI not knowing how close its cities are to other players
Re-enabled Foreign Advisor "Glance" screen
Fixed Team Battleground map script to distribute hills better and work around team-counting problem
Civilopedia lists buildings that replace a given building
Barrage promotions no longer available to units without the ability to already cause collateral damage
Conquistador ignores walls, to be consistent with Cuirassier
Fixed AI defender bug for newly captured cities
Build-specific production modifiers are no longer counted for overflow gold calculations
Building or destroying a fort now properly refreshes resource connections
Collateral damage modifiers, collateral damage immunity, and air defense modifiers, multiply instead of add
Fixed event triggering on a dead unit
AI uses Warlords to make super-medic units
Better AI decision-making related to damaged air units
Better AI use of missiles to disconnect enemy resources
AI evacuates ships and planes from cities in danger
AI no longer joins Great People to cities in danger
Fixed bug where AI Great Engineers would hurry Wonders in other players' cities
Spies no longer interrupt their mission when moving next to an enemy unit
Fixed map generator bug for water starts
Situations which invalidated Secretary General/AP Resident now force the next vote to be an election
Fixed team-counting bug that would cause some mapscripts to fail
Moved some gamecore-specific code into the DLL
Fixed cheat where you could apply a free tech from one game to another
Diplomacy summary no longer claims that a civ is the worst enemy of a human team
Groups on sentry awake based on best unit's vision rather than head unit's vision
Hidden Nationality units can enter friendly rival territory when starting in a city
Fixed bug where captured cities could give double bonus for the Apostolic Palace
Fixed a bug in AI war declaration in exchange for technologies
Sea patrolling ships no longer attack if they have less than 50% chance of winning the battle
Terrain height no longer affects aerial recon missions
No Espionage option: no Free Great Spy from Communism, no espionage-related events
Blockading AI Privateers can no longer sense invisible units
Colonies no longer assume the name of an eliminated player

Oh, and deodorant! [worship]

socralynnek
11-06-2009, 23:00
Didn't think there would be another patch. So that is a plus for Firaxis. Especially as there were no big bugs left IMO.

Lt. Killer M
11-06-2009, 23:03
wow. Lemme count the days since the release of the original game...... I am glad that Firaxis still supports CIV!

akots
12-06-2009, 08:13
There is also no-CD included.

Lt. Killer M
12-06-2009, 12:14
There is also no-CD included.[dance2][jumpD][cool][goodjob][wave][thumbsup][party]

barbu1977
12-06-2009, 14:56
Good news!

Fixed cheat where you could apply a free tech from one game to another:

Any one tried this one?

ProPain
12-06-2009, 17:23
There is also no-CD included.

You sure ??

Shabbaman
12-06-2009, 18:05
The front page of civfanatics says so. But I got this from Steam, and with Steam you don't need a cd anyway.

akots
12-06-2009, 19:56
Any one tried this one?

It does not work in multiplayer anyway.

akots
12-06-2009, 19:56
You sure ??

yes.

Lt. Killer M
12-06-2009, 23:20
Is it just me, or is the AI back to the old 'gift techs to all AIs to fuck the human over' method? I can't even get beyond second-to-last place in power AND tech despite excellent lands and a pretty decently run empire.

ProPain
13-06-2009, 11:07
What level are you playing?

Cause I'm under the impression the AI will trade/share/gift techs to his AI mates anyway at lvl emp+ even under old patch

Matrix
13-06-2009, 15:18
Very good news indeed.

The no-CD thing is a surprise to me. Normally producers only do/allow that once the game is obsolete, to let potential buyers of the successor get to know the game. ("Wow, this game is fun! Now I want ... too!")

Shabbaman
13-06-2009, 17:41
If online gaming becomes more important, cd's become less important. Games that only have online modes usually don't require a disc anymore. Perhaps this is becoming more common for civ4 as well. Or perhaps they think the game is obsolete now ;)

Lt. Killer M
14-06-2009, 14:34
playing Noble for comp to the old patch.

ProPain
14-06-2009, 22:00
If online gaming becomes more important, cd's become less important. Games that only have online modes usually don't require a disc anymore. Perhaps this is becoming more common for civ4 as well. Or perhaps they think the game is obsolete now ;)

Or maybe they just realised we all manage our deodorant problems anyway, making their disc requirements useless anyway.