PDA

View Full Version : Master of Orion

ProPain
11-06-2009, 17:06
Never played this one before but downloaded it from some abondonwear site and read thru Sirian's tutorial (which is brilliant btw, like most his write ups)

I think it's quite ok, but the whole interface is kinda 90's (to be expected for a 90'2 game:) )

Did anyone around here play it a lot? Must say those where the civI/Col days for me, didn't notice the MOO hype at all.

Robboo
12-06-2009, 12:55
played it ALOT...havent played MOO in years/

wish the sequels were as good.

Darkness
12-06-2009, 13:04
I also played it a lot! Great, great game. The sequels really disappointed me. I wish I could get it to work on my current (Vista) computer, just for a night of really nostalgic fun... :)

ProPain
12-06-2009, 17:25
I also played it a lot! Great, great game. The sequels really disappointed me. I wish I could get it to work on my current (Vista) computer, just for a night of really nostalgic fun... :)

Well. I downloaded it and it just runs itself from a dos window when I doubleclick the install. I use Windows XP pro.

akots
12-06-2009, 20:01
I wish I could get it to work on my current (Vista) computer, just for a night of really nostalgic fun... :)

It should work in a dosbox.com software. Almost everything works there and they have config files to run for most popular games so you don't need to get into too much specifics.