PDA

View Full Version : TET 1.9 is out

anarres
17-06-2003, 01:48
TETurkhan 1.9 (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&goto=lastpost&threadid=29279) is out.

If anyone is still interested in an SG then we should do it. Should we host it here or at CFC too?

Lt. Killer M
17-06-2003, 01:48
here!

In!

Skyfish
17-06-2003, 10:49
In the linked thread that guy is saying he used PTW 1.26f : Have I missed an episode or something ?
[confused]
Is there a new US patch available already ???????????
[crazyeye]

anarres
17-06-2003, 14:53
Dunno about a later version, I have posted a Q to the thread to find out...

It appears that selling contacts and RoP's is now only allowed with Nationalism, so contact trading is not gonna be possible. That means you have to meet a Civ yourself to be able to trade.

I suggest we take some time choosing a civ wisely, so that the game is not too easy. Apparently the tech rate is phenominally slow, so we will have plenty of time to take our other civ's without falling too far behind on tech.

For these reasons I think we should choose a civ that is fairly isolated. That way we can play long initial turns (maybe 30 or 40 turns each), and we will really have to try really hard to meet other civs.

Since the map is known beforehand the difficulty is easier than usual, for this reason (and the slow tech rate) I suggest a Deity level game. There's nothing worse than an SG that is 'in the bag', and has to be painfully played out.

Maybe we should also have certain restrictions/conditions placed to stop us just stomping everyone too early. I like the idea of not being allowed to declare war ourselves, including not abusing the diplo sysyem to get them to declare. This is not something I have tried before, but it may enforce a more strategic game, balancing a warmonger/builder style. Failing that, we could have that we can only declare war by attacking with a UU.

TET has put much effort in to creating a game that matches civ's rise and fall throughout history, I think we can play to a set of rules that could enforce this (instead of just quickest dom win as usual).

Ideas?

WildFire
17-06-2003, 16:24
TET would probably crash my computer ;)

But I'd give it a go

anarres
17-06-2003, 17:54
I just checked and there isn't a new patch out, I guess TET just got the version wrong....

Taurendil
18-06-2003, 02:12
I love Teturkhan's mod. It's got me playing civ again after a very long break since it first came out. However i find it's way too slow to play in the middle/later stages because of the huge map. I've played it to winning positions as Carthage, Tibes and Egypt (on an easy diff.) but never bothered continuing into the industrial age. So, although i would love to participate in it, i doubt a multiplayer pbem attempt would get very far. I seem to remember though Tet was working on a more reasonable size map for his mod, together with Kal-el. That would sound as a better idea.

Taurendil
18-06-2003, 02:20
quote:Originally posted by anarres
Since the map is known beforehand the difficulty is easier than usual, for this reason (and the slow tech rate) I suggest a Deity level game. There's nothing worse than an SG that is 'in the bag', and has to be painfully played out.

I've never finished any deity game so i'm not too sure about this. It seems to me that if you would let tribes like China and India go unchecked for a while in this mod at deity level, they would become massively powerful in no time. It would be a bit like starting a deity game where the AI gets 7 settlers instead of 2 and has a starting position surrounded by dozens of bonus tiles and 5 lux's. I guess the pro's like Anarres and Killer are now thinking: "Yeah ok, that will finally give the AI some chance" ;)

digger760
18-06-2003, 09:41
quote:
I've never finished any deity game

uh...i thought you said you were inexperienced. i never even tried a diety game.

i'll have to keep an eye on you in our 4 player game

ProPain
18-06-2003, 09:59
Now JackM will be sorry giving Taurendil an extra settler [lol]