PDA

View Full Version : annoying crashes

sirvijon
17-04-2009, 13:57
Hi,

my first post here and not in so happy moods

I just bought new computer with vista (intel 9500, 4bg ram, ati 3870x2) and installed civ 4 complete of course. It's fully patched.

But still almost every mod i play it's going to crash somewhere. Even i save game and nex turn it again crashes (game dissapears and vista tells me that program stopped working) i reboot my pc and load game it will crash again in same position.

It's really annoying cos theese crashes r not comming in first rounds but somehere round 1800-1900 in marathong game...so i ruined almost 2 or 3 days gaming.

Does some 1 else had probs like this?

Matrix
17-04-2009, 14:05
Welcome to CDZ, sirvijon! [yeah]

What about a standard game, without mod? Does it crash then as well? If not, then the mod is probably broken. And since it occurs around the same in-game time, it's probably has something to do with a tech or unit of that era.

sirvijon
17-04-2009, 14:10
it's not in same year in every game..just somehere far.

I managed to play 1 full gamee in rise of makind mod but second got the crash.

Ihave been downloading something like 10 mods and i think all those aint broken. makind is one of most downloaded mod in civfanatics and i got latest 2.62 version vith all patches.

Crashed also in ingame build afterworld mod witch i like alot.

I havnt played standard game cos it's quite blend after playing so meny fully tweaked mods. gotta try.

Shabbaman
17-04-2009, 17:55
so i ruined almost 2 or 3 days gaming.

No autosave? And do you have similar problems in other computergames or in unmodded civ4 games?

sirvijon
20-04-2009, 07:56
as i said there are saves, but it will crash in same turn every time i load it.

I dont have probs with other games. I think i will reinstall first

Darkness
20-04-2009, 10:41
as i said there are saves, but it will crash in same turn every time i load it.

I dont have probs with other games. I think i will reinstall first

I have had some similar problems with a CIV4 mod (fall from heaven 2), but there it only happens when I play one particular civ... And then only when I play on normal speed. Always on the same turn (turn 391). The other civs all function just fine. Haven't found a way to fix it yet

socralynnek
20-04-2009, 11:03
I have had some similar problems with a CIV4 mod (fall from heaven 2), but there it only happens when I play one particular civ... And then only when I play on normal speed. Always on the same turn (turn 391). The other civs all function just fine. Haven't found a way to fix it yet

I have a fix for you: Win before Turn 391...;-)

NHJ
20-04-2009, 12:19
I have a fix for you: Win before Turn 391...;-)

Or lose :p

grahamiam
23-04-2009, 04:45
I can see how annoying a problem this could be. Not sure if this helps, but there is a history of CIV crashing with ATI drivers. When CIV was first released, ATI had changed their drivers between the last beta and the initial release. This caused all sorts of crashes for users with larger than standard maps. Perhaps the latest drivers have similar problems [dunno] My suggestion is to try to roll back drivers till the crashes stop. Or, someone here running with an ATI card can post their driver number and you can try that one.

ProPain
26-04-2009, 18:53
I have crashing problems with the CDZ earth map as well. Although my comp is powerfull enough the fact that it's a huge map with max number civs will make it crash in the end game when I scroll the map too fast. Scrolling slow or just click ing in the minimap usually avoids the crash.

Never experienced a game crash in the same turn everytime over and over though

BCLG100
26-04-2009, 19:35
My card is ATI iirc, i don't play much anymore and stuck to standard but from what i remember as propain said the main cause of crashing was too much scrolling coupled with too much information on the screen.

One solution i found to this was to never, ever trade maps- that way most of the map remained dormant- i don't know if this actually helped but it seemed to make the game run better.

sirvijon
27-04-2009, 07:52
yeah i own so new ati card that i think it has some probs with game. I reinstalled the game and now rise of mankind works bettter

Shabbaman
27-04-2009, 10:46
If you install new (or old) drivers, make sure you UNINSTALL (yes, caps!) the old drivers. Don't just install the new driver, manually uninstall the old one. Reboot. Then install the new driver.