PDA

View Full Version : SPOILER- Cut the Crap

barbu1977
23-03-2009, 00:46
THIS IS A SPOILER FOR CUT THE CRAP.

barbu1977
23-03-2009, 02:57
OK, I should have entered this spoiler mutch earlier, but the small American empire had not mutch impact on the game up until now.

Here is the situation on turn 154:
http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=206&stc=1&d=1237772700

I'm Orange.
Akots is blue
Ynnek is red
BC is brown and
Beam is yellow

For a quick recap.

- Around turn 40. Akots signs a 100 peace and border deal with me (ending turn 143). He also signs one with BC. He goes after IanDC.

- About the same time, BC signs a peace deal with me (we have no border deal since he is too far away. He goes after Nitro who as been turned into an IA.

- Around turn 90 BC has whiped out Nitro. He offers me a bigger alliance. We go after Akots. In return, I get most of Akot's land.

- Around turn 100, I sign a peace deal with Ynnek up to 1000AD, with a 15 turn war declaration warning afterwards.

- Around turn 110, Akots asks for a prolongation of our deal and an alliance to kill BC I have to turn him down. So long for the supprise attack.

- Turn 143, as per our treaty I declare to Akots that I will declare war on turn 153.

- Turn 144, Ynnek tells me he as a protection pact with akots. If I declare in-game he will have to declare on me.

- Turn 153 I declare on Akots.

- Turn 155 Ynneck declares on me. Beam also declares and lanches a suprise attack on Chicago and captures it.

This is the situation on the north:
http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=205&stc=1&d=1237772700

Robi D
23-03-2009, 09:35
That got complicated very quickly. How does beam fit into the equation, do you know if his in an alliance with someone or just being an oppertunist.

Also is BC in any position to help

Darkness
23-03-2009, 09:44
IMHO, you're screwed. Sorry...
Just a result of the geography really. You're stuck in the middle, which is always a bad place to be in CIV...

You now have a frontline to the north (Ynnek) and to the south (akots). BCLG only has akots to worry about. And then there's Beam as a wildcard. If Ynnek doesn't mess up (and if akots shows a reasonable threat to the south) he should be able to steamroll you from the north.

I wonder why you agreed to this deal with BCLG ? Not criticising anyone here, I'm just curious. I know eliminating akots seems like a good idea, but at this stage of the game this would only cement BCLG's place as the number one contestant for the win. Yes, you would gain a nice piece of land, but at what price ?

barbu1977
23-03-2009, 14:29
Thanks for the honest answer.

For the moment, I have decided to put my efforts to the north. I believe that Akots will not attack since that would mean opening his land to BC. If he does attack I am screwed, but as you said, I'm screwed anyways.

About deciding to align with BC instead of Akots, is all about interest. Going with Akots would just have been deadly, I would have been his next target. Also I would have had very little to win. Going with BC, BC has promised me a lot of land. And the way I saw it, Ynnek would have been building quietly and growing stronger (he does have the land and very little enemies.) He would have been the one BC would have to deal with. With 3 players on the continent shaped like a "Y" it would have been a long peaceful stalemate.

Finally, staying neutral in the conflict, I would have lived longer, but ultimately have no chance at anything except a spectator.

IMHO, you're screwed. Sorry...
Just a result of the geography really. You're stuck in the middle, which is always a bad place to be in CIV...

You now have a frontline to the north (Ynnek) and to the south (akots). BCLG only has akots to worry about. And then there's Beam as a wildcard. If Ynnek doesn't mess up (and if akots shows a reasonable threat to the south) he should be able to steamroll you from the north.

I wonder why you agreed to this deal with BCLG ? Not criticising anyone here, I'm just curious. I know eliminating akots seems like a good idea, but at this stage of the game this would only cement BCLG's place as the number one contestant for the win. Yes, you would gain a nice piece of land, but at what price ?

barbu1977
23-03-2009, 14:33
That got complicated very quickly. How does beam fit into the equation, do you know if his in an alliance with someone or just being an oppertunist.

Also is BC in any position to help

I'm not sure what Beam is up to. Probably trying to keep some kind of balance being convinced that, like the others that a successfull attack on Akots would give the game to BC.
He could become a factor, but he is not very close so I don't think he's there for the land.

barbu1977
30-03-2009, 03:24
OK, I'm trying an offensive move:

Since my last update, Ynnek has tried to take Philadelphia and lost several units on its walls.

Meanwhile, I gathered everything I had (almost) and took Chicago back from beam. In the process, I killed 19 of his units loosing only 7. I also gained 2 great generals.

So I've healed up those units and I'm going for a blitz in Ynnek's land.

Here is my stack:
http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=218&stc=1&d=1238375934

And there are his main defenses
http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=219&stc=1&d=1238375934
http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=220&stc=1&d=1238375934

The reason I'm attacking this moment and I need to do it fast is because he as just started his GA and just discovered guilds.

Now I'll see how things are between him and Akots. If Akots attacks, I still have units to defend against a small stack. If he attacks with the big one, BC (Robi) should be able to put pressure on him.

Shabbaman
30-03-2009, 10:47
Any particular reason you're using links instead of image tags?

ProPain
30-03-2009, 11:31

Just to keep you on your toes :)

Very curious how the battle ends!

barbu1977
30-03-2009, 15:01

Probably because I don't know how to use it.

EDIT: Fixed them. That was not too hard.

Shabbaman
30-03-2009, 16:13
See, with images your spoiler thread looks a lot longer ;)

Stapel
13-04-2009, 07:32
Finally, staying neutral in the conflict, I would have lived longer, but ultimately have no chance at anything except a spectator.

That seems very true!

If Ynnek wouldn't have mixed up his deals (peace with you and an alliance with Akots), you might have had a succesful attack on Akots.

Like others, I'm puzzled what Beam is up to. To be frank, I also wonder what BCLG's role was in this war.