PDA

View Full Version : CDZ Cup 18 - Discussion

socralynnek
27-02-2009, 10:02
First one who posts a signup here organises it if no one volunteers.

As we normally start after week 7 or 8, we should find someone.

Aggie
27-02-2009, 12:23
I read your post thoroughly and know the implications of posting first [:)]

I suggest that we debate the format first, based on the nr of participants...

Shabbaman
27-02-2009, 14:55
So if this isn't the signup thread, it's the discussion thread right? Weird format :p

arne1
27-02-2009, 15:20
I read your post thoroughly and know the implications of posting first [:)]

I suggest that we debate the format first, based on the nr of participants...

Seems to me that for that, we need to know the nr of participants first. I suggest we have 14 again.

ps: what is teh meaning of this confusing thread?

barbu1977
27-02-2009, 15:35
Cool a signup thread!

I'm in.

Aggie
27-02-2009, 15:38
Seems to me that for that, we need to know the nr of participants first. I suggest we have 14 again.

I'd say the more the merrier. But this may be very optimistic...

edit: we have 5 participants already! Wow!

akots
27-02-2009, 19:40
I'll play.

BCLG100
27-02-2009, 19:46
Wooo for signing up!

Mistfit
01-03-2009, 07:11
sign me in

ProPain
01-03-2009, 12:10
back with a revamped and very crappy team

Aggie
11-03-2009, 11:31
How are we doing here?
I know that Shabba sent a PM to all CDZ members at Hattrcik, but did we get additional people there???

arne1
12-03-2009, 08:59
did I sign in somewhere allready or do I still have to do that? and where?

Aggie
12-03-2009, 15:09
You are in already. I'm curious if shabba had luck with is appael inHT though...

Aggie
14-03-2009, 14:09
Obviously we won't be starting after round 7. So by Wedensday next week we need to know all participants and a roster...

Shabbaman
14-03-2009, 21:07
You are in already. I'm curious if shabba had luck with is appael inHT though...

None. The only response I got was from Yndy that he was still in the cup. He's out of the cup now, so I've asked him again.

Aggie
16-03-2009, 10:41
So that makes this final(?) list:

Ynnek
Aggie
Shabba
Arne
Barbu
Akots
BCLG
Mistfit
ProPain
Yndy?

That makes (only) ten teams… Lowest ever [:(]

Now what would be a good format ?

BCLG100
16-03-2009, 12:01
Are people just getting bored of hattrick? or bored of cdz? or both?

socralynnek
16-03-2009, 12:18
Ten is a rather bad number. 12 would be ok, one can do groups and then KO rounds.

With Ten? Swiss? Or something like 2 groups of 5 and the team that would get a walkover in each group are playing against each other.

Let's see if we can get 2 more teams until wednesday. Maybe someone could write an HT-Mail to former participants who are not in the CDZ federation.

Aggie
16-03-2009, 13:19
I just sent a PM to Dell and KR... Robboo and Pugwash seemd to have stopped playing. They almost turned into a BOT...

Shabbaman
16-03-2009, 14:31
Maybe someone could write an HT-Mail to former participants who are not in the CDZ federation.

I addressed everyone that participated last time. Last time I addressed everyone that ever participated.

socralynnek
16-03-2009, 16:01
I addressed everyone that participated last time. Last time I addressed everyone that ever participated.

Ah, ok, thanks, didn't know that.

That's fine then.

Shabbaman
16-03-2009, 19:11
Well, it's still disappointing not more people are showing up...

akots
16-03-2009, 19:44
... Robboo and Pugwash seemd to have stopped playing. ...

I'm pretty close to doing that as well but will probably finish the current season.

Dell19
17-03-2009, 00:25
Sorry I'm interested. Have lost a bit of interest with Hattrick this season and kept on forgetting until Aggie reminded me.

Aggie
17-03-2009, 10:13
It's probably because I statred later, but I am more and more interested in HT. Especially now things are going so well...

We are now with 11. Yndy also confirmed. If we only would get one more!

Shabbaman
17-03-2009, 11:10
Sorry I'm interested.

Sorry? You're most welcome.

I've got our 12th participant, a former colleague of mine: Hattrick Hernandez FC.

Aggie
17-03-2009, 11:34
That's good news.

Am I right that we are playing 8 rounds if we start next week?

If so we could make 2 groups of 6 (5 games)

Then:
-nr 1 of group 1 plays nr 2 of group 2 (game A)
-nr 2 of group 1 play nr 1 of group (game B)
-nr 3 of group 1 plays nr 4 of group 2 (game C)
-nr 4 of group 1 play nr 3 of group (game D)
-etc.....

(2 matches, both home and away)

Finally (on neutral grounds):
-winner game A plays winner game B
-loser game A plays loser game B
-winner game C plays winner game C
-loser game D plays loser game D
-etc....

This makes a total of 8 matches!

Agreed????

If so I will make the roster. If not: let's discuss!!!!!!!

socralynnek
17-03-2009, 11:39
Sounds good!

barbu1977
17-03-2009, 15:20
How about this for the last 3 matches for the positions 3-6 of each group?
This allows us to play more teams.

week 5
1 A3-B6
2 B4-A5
3 B3-A6
4 A4-B5

Week 6
5 W1-W2
6 W3-W4
7 L1-L2
8 L3-L4

Week 7 (Neutral Ground)
Places 5-6 W5-W6
Places 7-8 L5-L6
Places 9-10 W7-W8
Places 11-12 L7-L8

Aggie
17-03-2009, 15:25
Perfect. I like that idea!

Kingreno
17-03-2009, 20:38
I utterly missed this thread... sorry guys.

Aggie
17-03-2009, 20:46
Too bad.... I hope you are joining the 19th edition though...

Dell19
17-03-2009, 21:28
Sorry? You're most welcome.

I've got our 12th participant, a former colleague of mine: Hattrick Hernandez FC.

I think it was meant to read something like: Sorry I'm late, I'm interested.

The game has become quite repetitive for myself as I'm stuck in the same division and seem to alternate between good and bad seasons which seems to indicate that the fixture has more of an impact on performance than my team selection.

Shabbaman
18-03-2009, 11:10
I have exactly the same, but my results tend to be decided on the number of injured midfielders. If you pay attention the game appears to be quite unbalanced.

I'm only spending time finding younger players, but it takes so much time that usually I decide to keep my old players. I'm not expecting to promote without putting in more effort, but I really can't be arsed. Writing the occasional press announcement about my whooly haired elephant is always fun though, I'm not considering quitting.

ProPain
22-03-2009, 17:37
Me been stupid and booked a friendly against Swingue this week not realising the cup had alrdy started.

I see 2 options

1- I lose my first match
2- Swingue is added to my group and KR to other group (spoke to him last weekend, he was very sorry he missed out on the CDZ cup) That way my friendly could just count toward the cdz cup. Dunno if two extra teams would interfere with the start of next season cause it would mean one more week of playing reg. rounds.

The decision is up to Aggie imo. If I lose my first round I'm ok with that, my mistake after all. In that case I suggest Mistfit challenges KR this week. :)

Aggie
23-03-2009, 11:55
Me been stupid and booked a friendly against Swingue this week not realising the cup had alrdy started.

I see 2 options

1- I lose my first match
2- Swingue is added to my group and KR to other group (spoke to him last weekend, he was very sorry he missed out on the CDZ cup) That way my friendly could just count toward the cdz cup. Dunno if two extra teams would interfere with the start of next season cause it would mean one more week of playing reg. rounds.

The decision is up to Aggie imo. If I lose my first round I'm ok with that, my mistake after all. In that case I suggest Mistfit challenges KR this week. :)

I am going to think about the options. I really like the two teams added. I don't have the time today to repair things. Could someone else maybe have a look at it???

socralynnek
23-03-2009, 12:06
Two groups of 7 have the disadvantage that one team would have to play against one of the other group which might not be fair if included (as the teams have unequal strength) So that match has to somehow be included different than normal matches. I don't know how.

(Moved to discussion thread)

Shabbaman
23-03-2009, 15:03
Fair, who cares about fair?

Aggie
23-03-2009, 22:13
Sorry guys I'm ill. And I will be for at least one more day. So I can't arrange things.

One thing that happened is that the current opponent of ProPain misses a game. That's for sure if we would add KR and Swingue.

What about one group of 14, Swiss system with first two matches the same as scheduled for the groups?

This way we only have to think avout the games for the newly added teams...

Shabbaman
24-03-2009, 11:02
I'm not so good at this, I don't really have a suggestion. Get well soon btw!

BCLG100
24-03-2009, 12:47
me and mistfit have a friendly!

not sure if that helps the predicament!

Shabbaman
24-03-2009, 17:13
That way my friendly could just count toward the cdz cup.

That would only be possible if your real opponent would also play a CDZ cup match. It seems that he already has booked against a random opponent though.

What if we add two non-existing teams and make groups of four? Hm, seems like a too small number. Three groups of five?

socralynnek
24-03-2009, 17:17
That would only be possible if your real opponent would also play a CDZ cup match. It seems that he already has booked against a random opponent though.

What if we add two non-existing teams and make groups of four? Hm, seems like a too small number. Three groups of five?

I could imagine making something for two groups of 4 and one group of 6. First ones play home and away, othwerones have an additional 6th match against the neighbor in their group.

barbu1977
24-03-2009, 17:20
I could imagine making something for two groups of 4 and one group of 6. First ones play home and away, othwerones have an additional 6th match against the neighbor in their group.

that is a good idea!

Aggie
25-03-2009, 11:12
Hattrick Hernandez is the team that missed the match vs BLCG. Didn't they accept or didn't they get challenged?

I am trying to work on a new schedule.

Aggie
25-03-2009, 11:19

What do you mean with neighbour in their group??

edit: also how to arrange the two final matchdays with three groups???

socralynnek
25-03-2009, 12:00
What do you mean with neighbour in their group??

edit: also how to arrange the two final matchdays???

1st plays 2nd for 1st place in the group. 3rd plays 4th. 5th plays 6th.

There should be 3 days after the group stage then.

Upper half of each group (i.e. 7 teams) + 1 best other teams (let's use something like average Hatstats/LoddarStats or so) go to quarterfinal ( = 3 rounds for places 1-8)

Other 6 make a 3-week-Swiss system or so for places 9-14 (avoiding as much as possible games that already have been played before)

Preconditions for the group now: Matches that have been played this week should count for the cup. Or should we include the missed matches in some kind of way?

Is this sounding right? Or should we switch to a Swiss system? which would avoid all this hazzle (but the matches need to be recalculated each week then) Or something like a Swiss qualifier for 5 or 6 rounds and then playoffs?

Aggie
25-03-2009, 12:37
1st plays 2nd for 1st place in the group. 3rd plays 4th. 5th plays 6th.

There should be 3 days after the group stage then.

Upper half of each group (i.e. 7 teams) + 1 best other teams (let's use something like average Hatstats/LoddarStats or so) go to quarterfinal ( = 3 rounds for places 1-8)

Other 6 make a 3-week-Swiss system or so for places 9-14 (avoiding as much as possible games that already have been played before)

Preconditions for the group now: Matches that have been played this week should count for the cup. Or should we include the missed matches in some kind of way?

Is this sounding right? Or should we switch to a Swiss system? which would avoid all this hazzle (but the matches need to be recalculated each week then) Or something like a Swiss qualifier for 5 or 6 rounds and then playoffs?

Only thing that I'm missing is this: we have a total of 8 matchdays and need 6 for the group phase. So that means we only have two left for the final rounds... I have made fixtures for the group phase with three groups, but I'm now stuck regarding the final matches :-(

edit: the matches played this week also count in my fixtures!

socralynnek
25-03-2009, 13:11
Only thing that I'm missing is this: we have a total of 8 matchdays and need 6 for the group phase. So that means we only have two left for the final rounds... I have made fixtures for the group phase with three groups, but I'm now stuck regarding the final matches :-(

edit: the matches played this week also count in my fixtures!

Damn, counted only 5 matches for league stage. My mistake.

So, a solution could be: Semifinal 3 group winner + best 2nd (with regards to stars maybe, that's better because Hatstats etc. take home/way into account)
Places 5-8: Other 2 2nd-placeds and 2 of 3 3rdplaced.
Places 9-12: 1 3rdplaced - oh damn, there is no good way to include the runner ups of the group wth 6...

Rethink:

Places 1 to 4: Winner of groups with 4 ++ 1&2 of group with 6. 2 round KO.

Places 5 to 10: 2nd & 3rd of groups with 4 and 3rd &4th of group with 6.
These teams play a 3-match swiss styel system where match 1 is the result of the macth already played in league phase (added score of home& away for the group of 4)

Places 11 to 14: Other teams in a 2 round KO stage

Sounds complicated but might work.

Aggie
25-03-2009, 13:45
BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!

I will ensure that within now and an hour we have 3 leagues and the league match fixtures. The rest I will work out later today or tomorrow (there's no hurry there).

Aggie
25-03-2009, 14:23
I just informed all participants via HT mail about the new fixtures.

There are two teams that haven't been able to play their match (Aristocats vs Hattrick Hernandez).

What about letting this end in a draw (0-0)?????? Or a win for both, because it was not their fault that this happened???????

arne1
25-03-2009, 16:13
not that I do not appreciate the efford, but I think it is kind of weird to go to so much trouble because someone was oblivious of his/her commitment. For me it is unacceptable that someone that has tried to honour the commitment looses points for the cup, because of the new setup.

I personally feel that people who fail to accept or challenge for the correct freindly are supposed to feel the pain of loss of points to give them an incentive to do better next time.

I do not think that not accepting the correct freindly is unacceptable, but I do think it should not be treated as normal.

Aggie
25-03-2009, 16:19
not that I do not appreciate the efford, but I think it is kind of weird to go to so much trouble because someone was oblivious of his/her commitment. For me it is unacceptable that someone that has tried to honour the commitment looses points for the cup, because of the new setup.

I personally feel that people who fail to accept or challenge for the correct freindly are supposed to feel the pain of loss of points to give them an incentive to do better next time.

I do not think that not accepting the correct freindly is unacceptable, but I do think it should not be treated as normal.

That would mean that we have to think about how to deal with BCLG - Mistfit; PP SV Returns - Swingue; Aristocats - Hattrick Hernandez......

I must say that organizing this 18th CDZ cup is a hassle......

BCLG100
25-03-2009, 18:12
Me and kev are playing as kev was under the impression we were supposed to, i didn't check and simply agreed. If it is wrong then i'm more than happy to have a loss, it's not like i play hattrick to win things but rather to have a good time and therefore the points are inconsequential.

socralynnek
25-03-2009, 18:24
I just informed all participants via HT mail about the new fixtures.

There are two teams that haven't been able to play their match (Aristocats vs Hattrick Hernandez).

What about letting this end in a draw (0-0)?????? Or a win for both, because it was not their fault that this happened???????

Hmmm, Aristocats are late joining, so win for both would also not be optimal.
(Or was it the other way round. Damn, I am losing overview)

Personally I like including the two more teams in the cup. The more the merrier. But I guess it is right that no one should have a disadvantage if their opponent failed to make the appointment. OTOH it is the first match, so whoever wants to have a good position in the cup will get enough chances to beat their opponents...

arne1
25-03-2009, 19:27
That would mean that we have to think about how to deal with BCLG - Mistfit; PP SV Returns - Swingue; Aristocats - Hattrick Hernandez......

I must say that organizing this 18th CDZ cup is a hassle......

I certainly would not like to make it more complicated for you than it is. Please solve the issue in a way you see fit.
I was just makeing general statements, which might not easily be applicable to this specific situation.

ProPain
25-03-2009, 20:51
Aggie: I'm very sorry for all this trouble I caused you!

As I said in my first post, accepting a loss would have been/will be fine with me as well. I just didnt realise the 2 more team option would cause such problems because of the 7 teams per pool issue.

So if things are rolled back to the first 2*6 setup that's fine with me as well and that should give my original opponent a win.

And to make up for all this I hereby volunteer to organise the next CDZ Cup so you can all make my life miserable then :p

arne1
26-03-2009, 01:10
Aggie: I'm very sorry for all this trouble I caused you!

As I said in my first post, accepting a loss would have been/will be fine with me as well. I just didnt realise the 2 more team option would cause such problems because of the 7 teams per pool issue.

So if things are rolled back to the first 2*6 setup that's fine with me as well and that should give my original opponent a win.

And to make up for all this I hereby volunteer to organise the next CDZ Cup so you can all make my life miserable then :p

As far as I am concerned your offer is accepted.

Aggie
26-03-2009, 10:26
I would like to have the two included as well, so no issues ProPain.

Here's my suggestion regarding the three matches that differed compared to the fixtures:

Aristocats - Hattrick Hernandez: 0-5 win for Hattrick Hernandez. This team (as far as I can see) was victim of the fact that his original opponent booked another match and KR was too late to join initially...

Mistfit Marauders - BCLG: match result counts
PP SV - Swinguestars: matchresult counts

I am going to delete the first post of the fixture thread and update the match results now.

arne1
26-03-2009, 18:56
It looks like you survived your first week as CDZ-cup organizer, Aggie.

Well done!

Aggie
27-03-2009, 11:11
Thanks [;)]

It's all going to be easy from now on.......................... [:)]

Shabbaman
27-03-2009, 11:34

Maybe you should send Aggie one of those CDZ spoiler competition CQ procesmanagement thongs as well ;)

barbu1977
27-03-2009, 13:57
Aggie, there seems to be a cut and paste mistake on round 4 and 5 for group 2. The matches are the same!

Aggie
27-03-2009, 14:05
Thank you! Indeed a cut and paste mistake. I repaired it now.

socralynnek
30-03-2009, 20:13
Swingue didn't accept yet. I can wait another 4 hours, then I'd have to look for something in the pool...

ProPain
30-03-2009, 20:46
Swingue didn't accept yet. I can wait another 4 hours, then I'd have to look for something in the pool...

Your problem is solved :)

Shabbaman
02-04-2009, 12:43
Ha, I won :D

arne1
02-04-2009, 14:25
Ha, I won :D

first screw me into a red card and then kick of one of my older 30+ guys of the field for +4.
The red car made me loose training!

And it is all YOUR Fault!

Shabbaman
02-04-2009, 14:54
Yeah, that was my main tactic.

http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=223&stc=1&d=1238674100

arne1
02-04-2009, 18:55
Yeah, that was my main tactic.

http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=223&stc=1&d=1238674100

that sounds Fair.

Dell19
06-04-2009, 23:33

I was also in the same situation and could probably wait another 30 minutes so thought I better arrange another friendly rather than risk missing training.

yndy
07-04-2009, 07:24
MichaelNicht has not accepted my challenge despite logging in 3 times in the last two days. I will look for another match later today if I he does not accept my challenge.

Aggie
07-04-2009, 09:44
MichaelNicht has not accepted my challenge despite logging in 3 times in the last two days. I will look for another match later today if I he does not accept my challenge.

I had the same. I had to send him a PM to have him accept the challenge. He then accepted it on Sunday.

Before I also sent him the fixtures for the CDZ cup...

Shabbaman
07-04-2009, 10:11
Akots hasn't accepted my challenge either, so if any of you wants to play me that's fine by me.

I asked mr. Patrick Hernandez about the missed challenges, and he confessed he didn't know how to search for teams. I've already called him some names, but feel free to do so as well :D

Aggie
09-04-2009, 12:36
I updated the fixtures. We sadly had 3 walk-overs......

Shabbaman
09-04-2009, 13:01
What, I have to beat Arne again?

socralynnek
09-04-2009, 14:11
Two things I noted: Wartham should have a score of 6 points as they sadly won vs me...

And I think on matchday 6 in Group 3, it should be Number 2 vs Number 1, Number 3 vs Number 4, and 5 vs 6, the other fixtures wouldn't lead to any knowledge...

And that best with using rematches of the first match of those two, then with swapped home team.

Aggie
09-04-2009, 16:02
Two things I noted: Wartham should have a score of 6 points as they sadly won vs me...

And I think on matchday 6 in Group 3, it should be Number 2 vs Number 1, Number 3 vs Number 4, and 5 vs 6, the other fixtures wouldn't lead to any knowledge...

And that best with using rematches of the first match of those two, then with swapped home team.

I changed it for Wartham.

But I don't get the point of your suggestion of the last matches in group 3. If 1 would meet 2, 3 would meet 4 and 5 would meet 6 then I'm afraid that this is great for the 3rd placed team. That team gets an easier match to try and get to 1st or 2nd, spots for the semi-final. Either or both teams at 1st or 2nd will drop points when playing each other...

Changed the schedule though. I don't have a better suggestion, except for my former fixtures.

socralynnek
09-04-2009, 17:07
Oh, what I meant when I first propesed it was: The loser of game 1 vs 2 would still be 1st or 2nd. They only play for place 1 if team 2 manages to go past team 1 with that match included.

And for the round for places 5 to 10, it is also nice because then those teams already had two matches against the one coming from the same group, making it an equal starting situation (but I'd take the aggregate to make it count as one game to not overvalue it).

Would that be ok?

Aggie
09-04-2009, 17:13
Oh, what I meant when I first propesed it was: The loser of game 1 vs 2 would still be 1st or 2nd. They only play for place 1 if team 2 manages to go past team 1 with that match included.

And for the round for places 5 to 10, it is also nice because then those teams already had two matches against the one coming from the same group, making it an equal starting situation (but I'd take the aggregate to make it count as one game to not overvalue it).

Would that be ok?

Sounds ok, but what about the remaining matches? Will that be a knock-out?

socralynnek
09-04-2009, 17:24
You mean, places 1 to 4 and 11 to 14?

Yes, I'd go for a semifinal and final.

arne1
09-04-2009, 17:52
What, I have to beat Arne again?

Clearly this will be easy since I will field the lowest possible amount of players, so your butcher can only have a ;limited effect.

akots
09-04-2009, 19:37
I'm sorry, it was not possible for me to accept anything after Friday last week and I could not challenge anyone. I was supposed to get back to some civilized plave with the Internet on Sunday night but alas, due to unforseen circumstances, it did not happen until Monday night.

I should be able to accept next week challenge on Sunday.

Aggie
10-04-2009, 10:32
You mean, places 1 to 4 and 11 to 14?

Yes, I'd go for a semifinal and final.
I agree. I'll set it up next week (after the holidays).

Aggie
16-04-2009, 10:39
I added the fixtures for the final weeks. Please comment (especially Ynnek!)...

Note that I determined the knock out matches as follows: The winner of the group of 6 gets to play the winner of the weakest group of 4 (which is group 1). The 2nd placed team of the group of 6 gets to play the winner of the strongest group of 4 (group 2). Same rules for the games for place 11 to 14...

The games for places 5 to 10 are 'random'/Swiss style. I took over Ynnek's suggestion to have a league with 3 rounds. The first round has the results of the league matches.

All games are on neutral ground.

socralynnek
16-04-2009, 11:18
I was thinking about a way, that the teams playing for places 5-10 play once a team from a high position of former group and once from a low position (from a group different then theirs) It is simply not possible.
So playing one team from each other group is the best we can do.

So I think this is fine( although it is strictly speaking not Swiss style...;-) )

I have added a note saying that the matches for week 6 in group 3 are with swapped home/away than first match.

BTW: Wartham is missing 3 points in the tables once again...

Shabbaman
16-04-2009, 11:31
Clearly this will be easy since I will field the lowest possible amount of players, so your butcher can only have a ;limited effect.

Wing attack FTW.

Aggie
16-04-2009, 13:05
I was thinking about a way, that the teams playing for places 5-10 play once a team from a high position of former group and once from a low position (from a group different then theirs) It is simply not possible.
So playing one team from each other group is the best we can do.

So I think this is fine( although it is strictly speaking not Swiss style...;-) )

I have added a note saying that the matches for week 6 in group 3 are with swapped home/away than first match.

BTW: Wartham is missing 3 points in the tables once again...

Thanks ynnek.

I really don't have anything against you Dell. Sorry for the 2nd mix-up in a row.....

arne1
16-04-2009, 17:56
Wing attack FTW.

I really hope to have your luck in this match in the last matches of the season. It that cas I will promote to IV.

Shabbaman
16-04-2009, 21:45
I'm only lucky in my matches v.s. you ;)

arne1
17-04-2009, 01:28
I'm only lucky in my matches v.s. you ;)

Only the last one, but I do not want to get teh bclg award named after me

BCLG100
17-04-2009, 03:02
I've not actually won the award in quite awhile so i think it should be renamed soon!

barbu1977
17-04-2009, 15:34
Let's rename it to "The award formerly known as the BC Award"

Shabbaman
17-04-2009, 17:58
Brilliant idea :D

Mistfit
20-04-2009, 20:54
going to have to look for a friendly soon (1hour or so) if swingue does not accept :(

barbu1977
20-04-2009, 21:29
(Unknown): "Well Homer, I guess you're the winner by default."
Homer: "Default? Woo hoo! Default: the two sweetest words in the English language... de fault, de fault, de fault"

Mistfit
20-04-2009, 22:12
bummer.. I had to accept another challenge..

arne1
21-04-2009, 14:05
Let's rename it to "The award formerly known as the BC Award"

I won the TAFKABCA last season. I think I will hand the TAFKABCA to someone else this season. I approve of the new name!

BCLG100
22-04-2009, 03:53
Dell goes and beats me in extra time after being awarded a penalty that robert pires would have been proud of the dive for!

Shabbaman
22-04-2009, 12:36
Heh. I'll make a new category in the federation, TAFKABCA winner sounds too good to pass on that ;)

Aggie
22-04-2009, 13:14
Dell goes and beats me in extra time after being awarded a penalty that robert pires would have been proud of the dive for!

You decided to play a cup match?

BCLG100
22-04-2009, 15:50
Yeah i always do so folk can get some cash to assist with travel expenses :)

Aggie
22-04-2009, 16:03
But technically this means that you drew the match?
I DID organize the fixtures, so I'm inclined to make this a draw. What do others think of this?

socralynnek
22-04-2009, 16:27
Agree. That is how I handled i as well when making the cup organization.

BCLG100
22-04-2009, 17:20
i don't mind, i only play this game for the kicks so it's not like i'm after the points or anything :) just do whatever is easiest for you Aggie :)

ProPain
22-04-2009, 18:17
going to have to look for a friendly soon (1hour or so) if swingue does not accept :(

My mistake this time! Swingue is on holiday and asked me to take care of this, I totally forgot. Please put this one down on my stupidity.

Aggie
23-04-2009, 09:47
i don't mind, i only play this game for the kicks so it's not like i'm after the points or anything :) just do whatever is easiest for you Aggie :)

Oh I thinks it's totally ok that you went for a cup match, but I want to be as honest as can be, also for the others in your league.

Aggie
23-04-2009, 11:01
Iupdated the fixtures and tables. Group 3 members: please note that I also updated the round 6 matches.

edit: I will not be able to update fixtures and standings next week. Would someone be able to do that for me (ynnek maybe???)???

Shabbaman
23-04-2009, 11:08
Could someone make a list with TAFKABCA winners for the hall of fame? Or better, the hall of shame, ha!

barbu1977
23-04-2009, 15:23
Here is what I found:

CDZ CUP XVII : de burchtheren
CDZ CUP XVI : BCLG United
CDZ CUP XV : Luckie Aggie
CDZ CUP XIV : Shabba FC
CDZ CUP XIII : fc twisters
CDZ CUP XII : Krys Olympic
CDZ CUP XI : BCLG United
CDZ CUP X : BCLG United
CDZ CUP IX : BCLG United
CDZ CUP VII : Undetermined (hattrick screwup, but that was before the award had an actual name)
CDZ CUP VI : Black Marlins
CDZ CUP V : Chimica Tarnaveni
CDZ CUP IV : Grasshoppers Elm (Pre Deep Space Elm)
CDZ CUP III : Dom Ducks
CDZ CUP II : Wartham United
CDZ CUP I : Yellow Boots

socralynnek
23-04-2009, 16:00
What? Really?

Oh, then I am another one who'd won both awards!

Aggie
23-04-2009, 16:27
What? Really?

Oh, then I am another one who'd won both awards!

And Shabba did it as well...

barbu1977
23-04-2009, 16:32
de burchtheren did it in back to back seasons.

Edit: just saw in another thread that someone else noted the the info.

BCLG100
23-04-2009, 22:22
I've won it 4 times?!

akots
23-04-2009, 23:05
I'm sorry but I must accept the friednyl challenfge tomorrow evening at the latest so I would kindly ask if I can be challenged by that time please.

Aggie
24-04-2009, 15:38
I will not be able to update fixtures and standings next week. Would someone be able to do that for me (ynnek maybe???)??

Shabbaman
24-04-2009, 18:35
I'm sorry but I must accept the friednyl challenfge tomorrow evening at the latest so I would kindly ask if I can be challenged by that time please.

I had already challenged you by the time you wrote that ;)

ProPain
26-04-2009, 18:49
To avoid another screwup the PP - swingue match has been challenged and accepted.

My players are all out and buying new shin protectors, the memory of last kickfest is still vivid.

socralynnek
26-04-2009, 20:30
edit: I will not be able to update fixtures and standings next week. Would someone be able to do that for me (ynnek maybe???)???

I can do that. Someone please remind if I forgot to do so by Thursday evening...

Shabbaman
27-04-2009, 10:49
I had already challenged you by the time you wrote that ;)

This sucks. I challenged Akots first thing thursday morning. It's a pity that you had time to spam this thread but no time to accept my challenge. I'm going to look for another opponent now.

akots
28-04-2009, 11:41
I'm sorry but I was travelling to complete no-Internet zone and thought that I would still have access from the airport but even my cell phone did not work there.

Never trust such a stupid company as AT&T, never. Especially these annoying commercials about how they work well overseas. Indeed, they don't and now I know this first-hand.

socralynnek
30-04-2009, 11:07
Can someone please lookup for me the results of the two matches from the other side of the ocean (i.e. at barbu's place/ at Marauders place)? Thanks!

Shabbaman
30-04-2009, 13:12
Barbiers - de burchtheren 0 - 5
Mistfit's_Marauders - Wartham United 4 - 1

socralynnek
30-04-2009, 13:24
Thanks. Updated fixtures.

(Normally one could discuss on whether the match Shabba-Chemists should be counted as 10:0 instead of 5:0 because the goal difference made a difference, but as both Chemists and de burchtheren would move to the same group anyway where only their direct macthes still count, it doesn't make a difference, so we can procede like always)

Mistfit
01-05-2009, 15:59
So.. is this the finals week I take it?

Whoda thunk that I would be playing to defend the CDZ Championship :P

In the immortal words of Michael Buffer... "Let's Get Ready to RUUUMMMBBBLLLLEEE"

arne1
01-05-2009, 17:50
Fortunately I am not defending TAFKABCA.

socralynnek
01-05-2009, 19:07
So.. is this the finals week I take it?

Whoda thunk that I would be playing to defend the CDZ Championship :P

In the immortal words of Michael Buffer... "Let's Get Ready to RUUUMMMBBBLLLLEEE"

It's semi-final week!

barbu1977
01-05-2009, 20:25
The following are still aspiring to winn the cup:
Mistfit's Marauders - Lucky Aggie
Shabba FC - Wartham United

The following will try not to win the TAFKABCA
Swinguestars - Aristocats
Barbiers - PP SV Returns

Shabbaman
02-05-2009, 10:59
Those aren't all the fixtures are they?

BCLG100
02-05-2009, 13:55
The following are still aspiring to winn the cup:
Mistfit's Marauders - Lucky Aggie
Shabba FC - Wartham United

The following will try not to win the TAFKABCA
Swinguestars - Aristocats
Barbiers - PP SV Returns

woop mediocrity beckons for me! :)

barbu1977
02-05-2009, 15:42
Those aren't all the fixtures are they?

No, the fixtures are in the appropriate thread. For some reason it looks like a post edit does not appear in the new post window.

Aggie
07-05-2009, 09:53
Updated the fixtures for the final week.

places 1 to 4 and 11 to 14 play on neutral ground, Cup rules.
places 5 to 10 play on neutral ground, normal rules.

I also created the table for the group 5 to 10. Every team played twice vs their former group member. I did as follows:

If team A beat team B twice (3-0 and 4-1), then team A got 3 points for one game and goal difference is 7-1. Team B got 0 points and goal difference 1-7.

If team C beat team D once and lost the other game (3-0 and 0-4, then team C got 1 point for one game and goal difference 3-4. Team D got 1 point with goal difference 4-3.

If team E drew twice vs team F (1-1 and 2-2), then both teams got one point for one game and goal difference 3-3.

Any comments/objections to this??? This won't affect the fixtures, they are set already for next week!!!

socralynnek
07-05-2009, 10:21
I was thinking about doing the tables already last week, but didn't find the time. I was thinking about halving the aggregated score for goal difference ( to not let the goal difference of those two matches be too meaningful)

So A vs B goal difference: 0.5 - 3.5
C vs D: 2 - 1.5

I agree on making it a draw when one won at home and lost away.

Aggie
07-05-2009, 10:23
I was thinking about doing the tables already last week, but didn't find the time. I was thinking about halving the aggregated score for goal difference ( to not let the goal difference of those two matches be too meaningful)

So A vs B goal difference: 0.5 - 3.5
C vs D: 2 - 1.5

I agree on making it a draw when one won at home and lost away.

Agreed. I'll change the league table...

Shabbaman
07-05-2009, 10:55
places 5 to 10 play on neutral ground, normal rules.

Why no cup rules? It draws more spectators right?

Aggie
07-05-2009, 11:03
Why no cup rules? It draws more spectators right?

No issue with playing with cup-rules, but then the standings after 90 minutes count...

Aggie
07-05-2009, 12:09
Playing for the cup: Shabba and Lucky Aggie
Playing for TAFKABCA: PP SV Returns and Swinguestars...

Twice a Dutch decision game.
And for me: first time in the final (and first time organizer of the CDZ Cup..........).

arne1
07-05-2009, 19:16
Playing for the cup: Shabba and Lucky Aggie
Playing for TAFKABCA: PP SV Returns and Swinguestars...

Twice a Dutch decision game.
And for me: first time in the final (and first time organizer of the CDZ Cup..........).

coincidence?
I think NOT!

Aggie
08-05-2009, 09:20
coincidence?
I think NOT!

I asked HT-Tjecken to build in a special event here and there just for me (see my semi final)......

Shabbaman
13-05-2009, 22:53
Did I mention that I won? No? Well, the match engine can be quite unfair :D

Aggie
14-05-2009, 10:50
Did I mention that I won? No? Well, the match engine can be quite unfair :D

First time it happens to me this season.... Congrats Shabba!
It least I had no injuries.

socralynnek
14-05-2009, 12:02
Congratulations to the winner of the first ever CDZ Cup for repeating that thing...although it took a few years...;-)

Aggie
14-05-2009, 12:16
I updated the fixtures and results and also included the final standings.

Winner: Shabba!!!
Winner of TAFKABCA: Swingue!!!

Shabbaman
14-05-2009, 15:34
although it took a few years...;-)

I didn't really try and always only fielded my B-squad. This year I had more backup inner mids, so my B-squad was a lot stronger this season than previous seasons.

ProPain
14-05-2009, 15:40
Congrats to Shabba!!

I won from swinguestar, my only victory in the CDZ cup this season. Although this may sound like a good thing this is actually a very sad event.

IT BROKE MY 14 FRIENDLY MATCH LOSING STREAK.

And on top of that Swingue kicked another of my players senseless. But hey, that's sort of normal for him so no surprises there.

NOw I;m off to scout a new keeper. I have two in sickbay, but even when they're fit they suck donkeyballs. No good for my new division.

akots
14-05-2009, 17:35
Congrats to Shabba! [beer1]

BCLG100
14-05-2009, 19:01
Congrats :)

barbu1977
14-05-2009, 20:17
Congrats to winners and many thanks to the organizer

BCLG100
16-05-2009, 03:30
Oh yeah, thanks Aggie! awesome organisation.