PDA

View Full Version : Needs a name

mauer
26-11-2008, 19:47
Let the competition begin!

We need a new name for the soon to be new game. As soon as akots or Ian wins the other one that is. Also need settings, and signups. I'm open to all, except another damn archi map. Who had that bright idea [xx(]

Civs will be first come first serve, so call them when you sign up.

I'll be Roosevelt of the USA for giggles.

EDIT:
Beam - Willem van Oranje
Matrix - Pericles
akots - Peter the Great
Robi D - Mansa Musa
ynnek - undecided
mauer - Charlemagne

Beam
26-11-2008, 20:26
Let's start with signing up! If a slot is left that is.

I'll settle for Willem van Oranje, playing the Rodina. :D

BCLG100
26-11-2008, 22:23
I've got a novel idea, we could go for a simple pangea?

Matrix
26-11-2008, 22:57
Pericles for me, please. :)

As for the title, how about: "Give it up, Matrix wins anyway."

akots
26-11-2008, 23:03
Peter the Great sounds good, won't object against Stalin but Peter is better. Can we do unrestricted? Like Peter the Great of the Zulu if it is Pangea of course.

Beam
26-11-2008, 23:49
Peter the Great sounds good, won't object against Stalin but Peter is better. Can we do unrestricted? Like Peter the Great of the Zulu if it is Pangea of course.

Wanna be nuked again? :)

akots
27-11-2008, 00:07
No, i've heard about handy Ikhanda building which reduces maintenance and am eager to try it. I'll crawl down in mine Ikhanda and dig in when the nukes arrive, should be safe there with low maintenance. Because Research Institute sucks big balls, this is first hand experience. Besides, that were a Death Match. Here, if the map is not that huge, it might actually never get to nukes and in any case, I'll risk that.

Robi D
27-11-2008, 06:57
Mansa Musa for me. Pangea map sounds good, haven't played one for a while.
Call it Texas rangers

akots
27-11-2008, 07:34
Call it Texas Ragers (what could that be?)

Or may be Texas Ravers, or Alamo Studs.

socralynnek
27-11-2008, 08:43
How about "Texas Taxi Taxes"?

Wanna be in. I'll edit my wish for a civ in here later.

Robi D
27-11-2008, 09:45
Or may be Texas Ravers, or Alamo Studs.

I did mean rangers i was channeling chuck norris:p

or how bout texas chainsaws.

mauer
27-11-2008, 18:09
I've got a novel idea, we could go for a simple pangea?
I wouldn't mind pangea either. I do like the twist that another continent might add, especially if it's within galley reach. Anyways, I'd very much like for someone to specialize the map though if possible. That'd mean someone would have to sit out though.

BCLG100
27-11-2008, 23:45
What about that whole new world type map? i can't remember what its called but iirc no-one starts there so could be a race to it.

Darkness
05-12-2008, 09:33
I haven't actually even played CIV since the end of RTW2, but this sounds fun.

Can I be Huayna Capac ?

No name suggestions from me though...

Or is this again through hamachi (sp?), or whatever that thing was called...

Robi D
05-12-2008, 12:04
What about that whole new world type map? i can't remember what its called but iirc no-one starts there so could be a race to it.

Do you mean new world?

grahamiam
05-12-2008, 16:28
I wouldn't mind pangea either. I do like the twist that another continent might add, especially if it's within galley reach. Anyways, I'd very much like for someone to specialize the map though if possible. That'd mean someone would have to sit out though.

Since Hamachi is all tits-up for me, I can help with this. However, my time is a bit screwy right now. I know I'll definitely have free time beginning on the 20th, but before that it'll be hit-or-miss.

mauer
05-12-2008, 23:01
Sorry guys, if I host again it will have to be through hamachi.

That would be great if you would be willing Graham! We're not in a real rush as akots still has awhile to launch in Texas Holdem. I'm guessing he'll be launching before the end of the year.

Darkness
05-12-2008, 23:18
Sorry guys, if I host again it will have to be through hamachi.

OK, no problem. Then I'll be watching this one from the sidelines... :)

mauer
27-12-2008, 22:49
Bumpy bump

Texas Hold'em should be over today. Graham, you still thinking about being God for us?

grahamiam
03-01-2009, 16:31
Hi mauer,
Sorry, but I probably won't have time to do this. Apologies to all, but things are quite busy for me right now.

BCLG100
03-01-2009, 16:59
Count me out of this game also, last year of uni, final term before exams, got my dissertation and 6 other 3000 word essays due in, i simply don't have the time to devote to playing this.

Apologies to all :)

mauer
03-01-2009, 20:05
I may just scratch this entirely since there's very little interest and we don't have a map maker.