PDA

View Full Version : The Knight

ERIKK
12-06-2003, 15:33
I have to select a civ for me new game against anarres. I stumbled opun these knights and had to decide which one was the best.

(In the end I chose the Japanese as I think that on deity cheap barracks and temples are very important and their UU is a fine one!)

unit shield stats iron horses special
standard Knight 70 4/3/2 yes yes no

Keshik 60 4/2/2 no yes mountain as grass (movement)
Ansar Warrior 60 4/2/3 yes yes no
Rider 70 4/3/3 yes yes no
Samurai 70 4/4/2 yes no no
War Elephant 70 4/3/2 no no no

So what knight do you think is the best one? I say the Keshik as they are cheap, dont require iron (in lots of games you miss that (more often than horses IMO)) and can suprise attack over mountains! Also the Ansar Warior looks good too as on you need badly those shields/gold on higher diff levels (and you cant mass upgrade fast enough).

Shabbaman
12-06-2003, 15:44
Ever tried the arabs? Worth a try. The samurai is probably the best, but Japan is a lame choice...

ProPain
12-06-2003, 15:54
I was in doubt between Rider and samurai. Voted Rider in the end. I think the samurai is a fine unit and the extra defense/no horses is great but the extra movement on a rider is the best imo. 3 movement allows you to attack in 1 turn from outside the city radius in most cases. I've had very succesfull wars with that.

digger760
12-06-2003, 16:29
3 movement is good...more often that not i seem to be able to get iron and horses. Ansar for me

DrAlimentado
12-06-2003, 16:38
I vote Riders, 3 movement is extremely powerful.

Ansar is better than Keshik for the same reason (you can always get iron with your horseman army ;))

Samurai are cool, but I'd rather have the extra movement or cheaper build than the +1 defence.

Elephants suck.

anarres
12-06-2003, 16:53
I voted War Elephants... ;)