PDA

View Full Version : Barbu in Texas Hold'em //Spoiler//

barbu1977
16-07-2008, 04:15
This is a soiler

This is the player arrangement in 580 AD. Those not dead should not continue further.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/barbu1977/200871641529_Score_580_AD.JPG

barbu1977
16-07-2008, 04:40
So In 580AD, Akots and IanDC are running away in GNP

The forein afairs ministary has the following intel:
- Akots the southern neighbour has killed Matrix (to bad for the 80 espionage poins spent on Matrix). Looks like he's playing an agressive game! We have open borders, but He should not be trusted. There is a spy heading out his way.

- IanDC is friendly, we have open borders (no more than 1 ship) and we have accepted to send a missionary in each other's capital in order to fortify our home religions. (let's also sent a spy, we never know)

- Roboo is far away and has killed KillerCane who never played and let the AI control his game. We have a righ of passage, but no real relations.

Here is a earth view of things, and a minimap:

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/barbu1977/200871642731_global_580.JPG

The internal affairs ministry:
- We had a decent start, but I did not build enough cotages and relied to mutch on water tiles.
- We have a settler going to our last solid point. After that it's going to be 2 cities on no ressource island.
- After those 3 cities are done we will have to go to war.
- the tech order is to go on to Metal casting to build long overdue forges, construction to build a few defensive catapults and calendar to gain access to paper.
- The Spiral Minaret is in construction, let's build boudist buildings (2gpt/buildings)
http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/barbu1977/200871643716_internal_580.JPG

Finaly, I'll have to calculate this when I get back from vacation, but I might try to go for a cultural win. I'll soon have access to 4 religions. That might work.

socralynnek
16-07-2008, 09:03
Looking at the scores, it doesn't look bad for you.

I guess this is a no tech trading game as well?

Maastricht is on akots' main island? Then you are indeed right to fear worst from him, especially if he is Rome...

Cultural win sounds like a nice strategy. Depending on who spends espionage points, you might hide it for a long time. Maybe until it's too late.

barbu1977
16-07-2008, 14:16
quote:Originally posted by socralynnek

Looking at the scores, it doesn't look bad for you.

I guess this is a no tech trading game as well?

Maastricht is on akots' main island? Then you are indeed right to fear worst from him, especially if he is Rome...

Cultural win sounds like a nice strategy. Depending on who spends espionage points, you might hide it for a long time. Maybe until it's too late.

Yep, no tech trading.

I'm not sure if Maastricht is on akots main island. Probably not, but I'll have to confirm this. (that's why there is a spy going out there.)

barbu1977
18-10-2008, 02:18
It has begun, I have decided to try and win the game with a cultural push.

Here is the status of my state with 80% culture. With my capital producing close to 500cpt, and a great artist every 10 turns, I should be done in about 80 turns.

I just finished Riffling. I should be able Akots is still on replacable parts, so its going to take, I hope 50 turns until he gets infantry. IanDC is probably soe 20 turns from infantry. I hope to be able to withstand an assault long enough.

All my remaining cities will soon be producing Rifflemen.

My only concern is that 2 of my 3 holly cities are not on my mainland. They would be hard to protect from a naval assault.

barbu1977
28-11-2008, 02:37
So the plan miserably failled.

Akots just rolled over me. Rifflemen alone are not enough to defend against infantry.

Why it failled and things I should know:
1- I greatly missjudged the reaserch times of akots and Ian, 20 turns in "the plan", Akots had infantry and 25 turns in destroyers.
2- Canons are absolutely requiered to defend against any kind of gunpowder attack
3- A good navy is essential.
4- Shuting down science is a very bad idea in a multiplayer game.
5- Make sure to have peace deals by PM

BCLG100
28-11-2008, 16:45
Number 5 imo is the key thing with any multiplayer game.

Not so much to have evidence but just to remind you and then if need be remind them, also allows you to pick over the finer details.

Shutting down science was probably not the worst idea i just think you stopped it at the wrong point there. You needed infantry imo to survive a MP game at cultural.