PDA

View Full Version : Leaving the forum

IglooDude
07-02-2008, 15:22
not that I've ever been one of the more active posters here, but I'm going to be asking Meli to lock my account. Certainly not because of anyone here, you've all been quite cool (though in-game a few of you have pissed me off no end [slap] ), but I'm quitting civ and hanging around with y'all is like trying to quit smoking but hanging out with smoker friends at a smoky bar every night. If anyone wants to get ahold of me please use my username @gmail.com.

[wavey]

Matrix
07-02-2008, 15:50
:(
What is it with this addiction thing? I mean, I love being addicted to a game. (Though that doesn't happen to me a lot, or at least not for a long period of time.) But if I am, I'm not performing worse with my study. You just gotta separate work with spare time. Just don't come here when you're working (e.g. during working hours).

grahamiam
07-02-2008, 16:06
Good Luck! I only played in one pitboss game you hosted, but I really appreciated you doing it.

Read in the CFC thread that you were up to 20 hours per week. Is that equivalent to one pack of cig's? Anyways, remember, in one month, you will get an increadible urging to restart. Just try to think of something else, like cigerates or booze, or maybe both, or neither, don't know. Just don't turn on the computer!!!!

BCLG100
07-02-2008, 16:09
I remember you trying this before ID but good luck again! thanks so much for hosting all the games you've done!

Shabbaman
07-02-2008, 17:45
Who plays civ anyway? Just start with Hattrick and you have a good excuse to be here!

akots
07-02-2008, 18:00
quote:Originally posted by IglooDude
... but I'm quitting civ ...

Yep, good luck with that. You'll be surely following some other addiction. [assw] I think I'm fine with civ as an addiction. It does minimal occasional damage compared to other possibilities around.

Beam
07-02-2008, 21:05
I'll gladly give you a warm welcome back when it happens ID! :)

mauer
07-02-2008, 21:42
quote:Originally posted by Beam

Ditto ID.....if you've got a game you need/want to dump let me know. To play that is, not host. I can't host due to inability to set up my router properly :(

IglooDude
07-02-2008, 21:55
quote:Originally posted by mauer

quote:Originally posted by Beam

Ditto ID.....if you've got a game you need/want to dump let me know. To play that is, not host. I can't host due to inability to set up my router properly :(

Robboo has volunteered to take over in the CanuckSoldier BtS game (which you and BCLG are already in), and I'm about to go to AI in the CivIVor: BtS game since my position really sucks quite badly and has from the beginning. Those are the only two MP games (aside from the teamer, and you already know about that one) that I'm involved in.

Socrates
07-02-2008, 22:02
See ya.

I'm starting to wonder if I could easily quit smoking if I ever smoked (I feel humble regarding addiction, I don't think I'm invincible, just because). Well, not sure about smoking, but the fact is I haven't touched Civ since last June or something, and all other online games have taken the same way (while still visiting CDZ on an almost daily basis). I know this is pretty much due to working full time all of a sudden. :) Can't see myself playing video games anytime soon. I'm done talking about myself in this here post. [hammer]

BCLG100
07-02-2008, 22:12
Are you resigning as mod over at cfc as well igloo? (dont check their very often)

Matrix
07-02-2008, 22:31
quote:Originally posted by akots

You'll be surely following some other addiction. [assw] I think I'm fine with civ as an addiction. It does minimal occasional damage compared to other possibilities around.
Well, that just says what I was thinking, but I didn't formulate it as good.

Plus: never say never, ID. [tongue]

IglooDude
08-02-2008, 00:00
quote:Originally posted by Matrix

quote:Originally posted by akots

You'll be surely following some other addiction. [assw] I think I'm fine with civ as an addiction. It does minimal occasional damage compared to other possibilities around.
Well, that just says what I was thinking, but I didn't formulate it as good.

Plus: never say never, ID. [tongue]

Oh, believe me, I do consider Civ (or for that matter, computer games in general) a pretty inocuous "addiction" compared to possible alternatives (like smoking, alcohol, drugs, or what-have-you), but that doesn't preclude me from trying to improve things. And I'm not saying "never", but I am aiming for never, and if I fall off the wagon, I fall off the wagon.

Robboo
08-02-2008, 00:47
Sorry to see you go ID. Maybe you need to join civ anon...

20 hours per week...light weight. Prior to getting a real job 2 years ago, Civ was my real job. Easily over 50 hours a week. All that and I still suck.

Robi D
08-02-2008, 06:13
Sorry to see you go ID. Will you be finishing off the civIVor?

Beorn
08-02-2008, 06:24
See you around ID, been fun :D

Darkness
08-02-2008, 09:03
quote:Originally posted by Beorn

See you around ID, been fun :D

[wavey]

IglooDude
08-02-2008, 12:22
quote:Originally posted by Robi D

Sorry to see you go ID. Will you be finishing off the civIVor?

I'll be going to AI shortly. If you (or Mauer, or anyone else) is interested in taking over a very production-light island civ behind in tech and honor my alliances with Stapel and Azza, then just let me know.

Whomp
09-02-2008, 01:43
You know how I feel ID. I wish you could simply moderate your activities but I understand the situation. RL is more important than this silly game we play.

Swingue
10-02-2008, 11:12
ooh, i know the feeling. Stopped playing Civ actively (changed it for WOW, which is even worse). But now it is ok, and I love lurking around, especially the final of the civ3 ISDG. good luck though.