PDA

View Full Version : War Weariness

NorthWind
09-06-2003, 05:19
I read somewhere that there is no war weariness in multiplayer. Can anyone confirm if this is true for PBEM? If so, then why would anyone play a religious civ?

Aggie
09-06-2003, 09:01
There certainly is war weariness. But I have been told that it is reduced in human vs human wars. But I haven't been at that stage yet to find out.

Kemal
09-06-2003, 09:27
My own experience is that in multiplayer games there is no war weariness at all, the only unhappiness from warring in multiplayer comes from citizens of the same nationality as the civ you're attacking, claiming that you should stop the aggression against their mother country.

Though I have also heard that war weariness is there, then apparently the effects are so small that you can treat it as if it's non-existent. (For example, in my game against ProPain I was the aggressor against America, breaking several ongoing treaties, but I didn't suffer from any additional unhappiness for the duration of the war, some 20+ turns, involving lots of combat and with me being a democracy at that time).

anarres
09-06-2003, 11:04
Ahh, well I have suffered huge WW agianst a non-human opponent (ERIKK vs anarres 2).

I believe against humans it is either very low or non exsistent, but against the AI it is very real.

NorthWind
09-06-2003, 14:21
OK. Thank-you very much, everyone!