PDA

View Full Version : One on One challenge

romeothemonk
04-11-2007, 18:25
I am looking for a challenge game. It can be Warlords or Vanilla. I really enjoyed the type of game I had with Darkness, Even if that went against me by 1 freaking turn.

I would propose a similar setup, 1 continent each, 2 pet AI's, difficulty level 1-2 notches above par.

The really fun part was choosing a list of 3 leaders for the other player to choose from. I made a mistake in my opponents ability to be a communist warlord, and that led to my downfall, while he rightly assumed that culture would completely baffle me. (The same trick won't work twice, I hope).

So here is throwing out a challenge or something, as I suppose I should play a minimum number of civ games to be on this forum.

BCLG100
04-11-2007, 18:31
I'll play you.

I'd prefer warlords, the rest sounds fine.

the continents seperated by ocean?

romeothemonk
04-11-2007, 18:45
quote:Originally posted by BCLG100

I'll play you.

I'd prefer warlords, the rest sounds fine.

the continents seperated by ocean?

The continents are seperated by FIRE!!!!

I actually think there was a way for galleys or caravels to make it last time, as Darkness used one caravel to trade for about 6-8 techs.

BCLG100
04-11-2007, 18:47
well caravels can cross anything so i'd prefer a ocean seperated start but if not then no worries :)

Also if we're getting the map made can we start with say 2 settlers and a couple of workers each.

Means we';; have something to do in the opening turns instead of the mindless hitting enter.

romeothemonk
04-11-2007, 19:02
I am ok with ocean seperated start.

I am not ok with additional free units. I am firmly convinced that early game growth management is the key to this game, and I don't want to have any of my preconceived notions shattered until I am beat again.

I think Barbu was the mapmaker, but I cannot remember for sure.

BCLG100
04-11-2007, 19:16
Fine, well i prefer to have something to do during the opening turns but i can settle for nothing to do :)