PDA

View Full Version : Conquests Beta

col
06-06-2003, 15:08
Anyone make it onto the beta program?

anarres
06-06-2003, 15:35
No. [sad]

And I gave full specs, filled in all fields, and even mentioned I had proper software testing experience and that I was a developer. [cry]

digger760
06-06-2003, 15:50
quote:Originally posted by anarres

No. [sad]

And I gave full specs, filled in all fields, and even mentioned I had proper software testing experience and that I was a developer. [cry]

I used to work for AOL and i heard they tried to avoid people with a programming background as beta testers for thier crappy software. Mind you they want to test if idiots could use it so is suppose that could have been their reason.

Skyfish
06-06-2003, 16:26
I bet it was just a lottery...

Cartouche Bee
06-06-2003, 17:09
What's the point of catching bugs if they don't fix them?

anarres
06-06-2003, 17:32
They are fucking stupid if they don't see the benifit in having people who professionally test software doing it to theirs for free. [rolleyes]

I just hope they used an algorithm to weed out the numbers, and that my config was similar to so many others that it wasn't read by a human. If not I fear for their chances of getting the *really* annoying system bugs, they will get a plethera of UI bugs and nothing else.

Cartouche Bee
06-06-2003, 17:36
hehe, we saw the results of the last beta team, so getting 100 times more feedback won't help. Breakway isn't known for their fast bug fixes either. ;)

Skyfish
06-06-2003, 19:50
[lol] between the 2 of yous they could weed out more bugs than with 2000 US teenagers [lol]
[rotfl]

DrAlimentado
06-06-2003, 20:46
I didn't get picked either. (and of course full specs etc.)

I have a theory that non-US players without a reccomendation were unlikely candidates, but it's just a hunch...

Oh, and given how little thought went into pbem set-up for PTW I also suspect that online MP is the only aspect of MP that they are interested in. To be fair there are likely 100x more online players than pbem players but it still sucks. As to whether having 300 testers as opposed to 30 will help depends. I gather that the testers for PTW told them the game wasn't ready for release, if they follow the same pattern of pushing it out too early it will make fuck all difference imo. And on the subject of support... still no PTW1.21 euro patch, and still no sign of the next 'worldwide release' patch either. Hmmm....

I'm still going to send canucksoldier an email with a detailed description of problems and suggestions for pbem setup though, if anyone else is thinking of doing the same maybe we should collate our thoughts?

anarres
06-06-2003, 22:37
Good idea DrA, why not set up a thread for it?

ProPain
07-06-2003, 01:27
didnt even notice a beta was set up. dont expect much of it anyway in the light of recent euro patch development ( or rather lack of)

Thread is a good idea. Maybe pestering them with lots of carefully thought out mails containing serious bugs will help. I wont hold my breath though. :)