PDA

View Full Version : Can we do this??

DrAlimentado
06-06-2003, 13:38
A small request... if it's at all possible can we make the post preview popup resizeable? And while your at it the edit smilie list popup too.

Of course there is probably a reason you can't... asp code and shit. But the post preview thing would be very useful indeed, it took quite a few edits as it is before I got my map-making guide to fit on a 1024 wide screen.

anarres
06-06-2003, 13:57
hehe, I've never even clicked on the 'Post Preview' button! [:o]

I will see what I can do, or PP can if he gets time. What's wrong with the smilie popup? And have you tried editing your personal list of smilies yet btw? [groucho]

DrAlimentado
06-06-2003, 14:44
hehe, I have added ALL the normal size smilies into my personal list... and there's nothing wrong with the smilie popup as such, it just won't let you resize it so to view them you have to scroll through a tiny window.

Pastorius
28-02-2005, 17:46
please fix the smiley list (add a maximization of window tag to the code)

Yes, it is resizable, but I am too lazy to drag it into the right proportions. I want a 1 click resizing option please :)

DrAlimentado
28-02-2005, 19:07
just to be contrary, but in firefox at least the edit smilie and show smilie lists are definitely not resizeable at all. (if they resize somehow in IE its because IE ignores the WCW html-standards...)

I know this seems like an unimportant request (and it is... just a very niggly annoyance) but to increase the chance of it happening here is all the donkeywork I can do without getting my hands dirty with asp:

The relevant outputted html is this; (from the last 2 rows of the table that hold all the smilie sidebar stuff in post.asp)

quote:
<tr align="center">
<td align="center" height="20" ><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="1"><a href="JavaScript:openWindow3('pop_members_smiles.asp')"><b>Edit Smile List</b></a></font></td>
</tr>
<tr align="center">
<td align="center" height="20" ><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="1"><a href="JavaScript:openWindow3('pop_new_smiles.asp')"><b>Show Entire Smile List</b></a></font></td>

</tr>
</table>

the javascript is defined in the head;

quote:
function openWindow3(url) {
popupWin = window.open(url,'new_page','width=400,height=450,s crollbars=yes')
}
function openWindow4(url) {
popupWin = window.open(url,'new_page','width=400,height=525')
}
function openWindow5(url) {
popupWin = window.open(url,'new_page','width=450,height=525,s crollbars=yes,toolbars=yes,menubar=yes,resizable=y es')
}

If the smilie links called function 5 then they would be resizeable. Alternatively... (and maybe easier to find in the code?) you could just decide that all the popups calling function3 could be resizeable and modify the java definitions in the header code (presumably a header.asp or header.inc file?)

If you are too busy to sort it I am happy to modify a copy of the asp code for you (mail me the post.asp page)

DrAlimentado
28-02-2005, 19:21
I forgot about the preview reply page.

The same thing applies but the javascript called is 'openPreview()' in the 'inc_code.js' external script.
Here's a modified inc_code.js where I have changed this:
quote:
function OpenPreview()
{
if (document.PostTopic.Message) {
if (trim(document.PostTopic.Message.value)=="") {
alert("Nothing to Preview!")
return false
}
popupWin = window.open('pop_preview.asp', 'preview_page', 'scrollbars=yes,width=750,height=450')
return true
}
}

to this:

quote:
function OpenPreview()
{
if (document.PostTopic.Message) {
if (trim(document.PostTopic.Message.value)=="") {
alert("Nothing to Preview!")
return false
}
popupWin = window.open('pop_preview.asp', 'preview_page', 'scrollbars=yes,width=750,height=450,resizable=yes ')
return true
}
}

Download Attachment: icon_paperclip.gif inc_code.zip (http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/DrAlimentado/2005228191943_inc_code.zip)
441Bytes

I doubt it will fuck anything but test and use at own peril ;)

anarres
28-02-2005, 19:45
Seems fine, PP or me can update it later (I hope)...

Pastorius
28-02-2005, 20:06
DrA. I tested it with Mozilla 1.7.5, and just assumed that it was possible to resize (seing as anarres probably had done this already), but IIRC, by adding a line like resizable=yes or something should do the trick. Not sure if that is crossbrowser code - since I learned html the non-school IE way of looking at source + 2 pages in a Norwegian magazine...

DrAlimentado
28-02-2005, 20:31
yeah the 'resizeable=yes' is a javascript bit that should work in all modern browsers.

('should' wrongly assumes that there is a rock-solid javascript standard in browsers, in this case I happen to know that both IE3.0+ and Firefox1.0+ will understand it ;))