PDA

View Full Version : Close to a new job!

Beam
17-08-2007, 12:59
This morning a had my second interview for a position as CRM Apllication Manager in my hometown in Breda and it went very well. The interview was with my future boss and one of the current AM's and the latter indicated he wanted to make the next step with me. And I expect the boss will do the same. [cheerl]

The job is as close to my ideal picture as possible imo. Working from my hometown with some travelling every now and then. CRM has been my functional area for many years and it is Application Management in a very broad sense including process design, analysis, bespoke work etc.

I really expect an offer very soon and to start this month. :)

The company is Meeus btw and has over 130 local offices in the Netherlands and is a retailer of insurances etc and they also are in brokerage.

Rik Meleet
17-08-2007, 13:27
That's good news, Beam. :)

Shabbaman
17-08-2007, 13:51
Nice man, then you can go to work by bike ;)

Beam
17-08-2007, 14:13
quote:Originally posted by Shabbaman

What is that concept you call "bike"? ;)

Kingreno
17-08-2007, 14:42
quote:Originally posted by Beam

The company is Meeus btw

Ah, so you'll be working for Guus then?[smirk]

Darkness
17-08-2007, 15:06
Good news Beam! :)

BCLG100
17-08-2007, 15:39
nice one beam :)

Beorn
17-08-2007, 16:13

quote:Originally posted by Shabbaman

What is that concept you call "bike"? ;)

It's a better way of moving forward.

ERIKK
17-08-2007, 17:10
Congrats Beam.

Do you even have a bike? ;)

Beam
17-08-2007, 17:21
quote:Originally posted by ERIKK

Congrats Beam.

Do you even have a bike? ;)

I just found it and cleared it from dust. ;)

Beam
17-08-2007, 18:32
And just got a voicemail while I was away we will have a 2nd interview next Tuesday. [dance]

I assume it is going to be about the camels. :)

EDIT: actually the third in the process but the first was with a recruiting agency.

Pastorius
17-08-2007, 20:38
[goodjob]

akots
17-08-2007, 20:46
Sounds like good news. :)

Socrates
17-08-2007, 21:37
Good luck Beam ! I hope you'll make it because it sounds like a certain form of achievement in your career. :)

Beam
17-08-2007, 21:44
quote:Originally posted by kryszcztov

Good luck Beam ! I hope you'll make it because it sounds like a certain form of achievement in your career. :)

No it isn't looking from the career point of view perspective. It is however a big step forward from the career-isn't-the-only-thing-that-matters-in-life perspective. :)

Socrates
18-08-2007, 03:34
That's basically what I meant. ;) Who cares to be a CEO anyway ? [mischief]

Matrix
19-08-2007, 21:11
It would be great to get the kind of job you always wanted, Beam! But don't sell the bear's skin before you have caught him.

What's CRM?

Beam
19-08-2007, 21:47
quote:Originally posted by Matrix

It would be great to get the kind of job you always wanted, Beam! But don't sell the bear's skin before you have caught him.

What's CRM?

Customer Relationship Management. Best example I know of companies doing this pretty well is the Dutch Rabobank and that's how I explain it to my parents. There are also some very bad examples. CRM basically is about how companies interact with their customers and the other way around efficiently and ideally with mutual benefits. The bad examples usually forget about the mutual benefit part.

You're back early btw!

Matrix
19-08-2007, 23:57
Can you give us bad examples? [mischief]

And yes, I'm back early. Last minute change of plans. We went to see family in Brussels, but couldn't find a 'catsitter', :( and we didn't want to leave our cat alone for more than three days.

Beam
23-08-2007, 18:02
So the third interview was last tuesday (pretty fast!) and they made me an offer. I've just let them know I'll do it and start in 1,5 week. [party]

socralynnek
23-08-2007, 18:09
Congratulations!

barbu1977
23-08-2007, 18:58
[goodjob]

Beorn
23-08-2007, 19:46
[party]
I'm leaning closer and closer to an "actual", long-term job and every step is a thrill. Must be awesome to get the real deal :D

Darkness
23-08-2007, 20:18
Great news Beam! :)

sz_matyas
23-08-2007, 21:03
Congrats on the new job. I would look, but I enjoy coming in around noon and working while I feel like it (though my pay and grades from the few classes I do take indicate this)

Socrates
23-08-2007, 22:13
Very good stuff Beam ! :) But don't you have to tell your current company about it ? I mean, in France we have to do a 3-month period after telling we're quitting (same for the company if you're fired, unless you're at fault). But I may be wrong after all...

akots
23-08-2007, 22:18
Good news! :)

Beam
23-08-2007, 22:20
Krys, I don't have to as I have been doing a combined sabbathical with some freelance work. Freelance can make a lot of money but also requires a lot of time and travelling and since I learned other things in live are more valuable than just working and moneymaking it is a logical move. :)

Matrix
23-08-2007, 22:34
Congratulations, Beam!! [goodjob]

and since I learned other things in live are more valuable than just working and moneymaking
[drunks1]
http://www.straland.com/images/smilies/sex.gif

Beam
23-08-2007, 23:29
quote:Originally posted by Matrix

Congratulations, Beam!! [goodjob]

and since I learned other things in live are more valuable than just working and moneymaking
[drunks1]
http://www.straland.com/images/smilies/sex.gif

[lol] Actually you here at CDZ might only note subtle differences as I've been playing Civ since the first version was released and that covers my whole working life except for the first three years.

Whomp
24-08-2007, 05:45
Good stuff Beam! Interesting biz to say the least.

col
24-08-2007, 11:17
Nice one.

Pastorius
24-08-2007, 19:19
quote:Originally posted by Whomp

is that an investment advice?

Whomp
25-08-2007, 00:52
quote:Originally posted by Paalikles

Everyday's a new lesson. Somedays it's psychology, another is history, on many occassions economics, a little dose of math, a bigger dose of finance, a dash of accounting, a smidge of law...amongst other things.

Lt. Killer M
28-08-2007, 10:28
hey, good news Beam! Congratulations!

Pastorius
28-08-2007, 21:45

quote:Originally posted by Paalikles

Everyday's a new lesson. Somedays it's psychology, another is history, on many occassions economics, a little dose of math, a bigger dose of finance, a dash of accounting, a smidge of law...amongst other things.

smokescreen, eh

Anyway, the market is too volatile for my liking

Melifluous
28-08-2007, 23:43
It's late and so am I.

I would like to offer my congratulations to the man you call Beam.

Worthy is his quest for work.

Approve do I.

[meli]

Beam
21-10-2008, 23:16
The company where I started a year ago turned out to be a disappointment, Very cynical and indifferent, nobody is proud about what they are doing and a lot of things are a mess and nobody seems to care. Initially I thought this was due to a recent reorganization but it seems to be a permanent factor.

Anyway, I've been looking around and to my surprise found and got a position at a small company less than 4 km from where I live. They develop and implement systems for clinical diagnostics and have the majority of Dutch hospital labs as their customers, including all but one of the Academic ones.

The intake was extensive, including a four hour test to evaluate the technical skills of the Beamer, followed by a diner with the owners. I've never done this before but is a very good way for both parties to learn a lot about each other.

So we both felt the fit was good on many aspects (enthousiasm is a word used a lot) and yesterday we made the final agreement. I'll start 3 november and looking forward to it! :) :) I'll have to learn a lot new healthcare terminology btw.

mauer
21-10-2008, 23:22
Congrats Beam! I'd imagine that was quite a nerve wrecking you took before the dinner started, but sounds like it went very well. Well, obviously it did :)

akots
21-10-2008, 23:34
Any particular systems they manufacture/service? Sounds like a nice job and should be interesting.

Beam
21-10-2008, 23:49
@mauer. It was nervewrecking yes and no. I had precisely told them what (imo) my technical skills are and they knew what they wanted to test. I think they would not have done the test if the skills I told them would not be sufficient. So they basically wanted confirmation and that's how I felt starting the test.

@akots. They do not make analytical equipment themselves but software and interfaces that plan and control what tests each individual analyzer is going to perform, verify the results and determine if additional tests are required.

Example, a blood sample has to be analyzed on a certain content (calcium, protein, etc). The first available analyzer capable of the job gets the sample. If the amount of content is between a and b nothing else needs doing. If it is lower than a red lights start flashing, if it is higher than b it needs to be tested on another content. The system also takes analytical history of that patient in consideration and many other things.

It all runs on Oracle DB's using PL/SQL and .NET plus some C++ and Visual Basic. I know shit about C++ and .NET but DB's and SQL based languages are part of my turf. :) And it seems I'm still a skilled reader of source code. ;)

Matrix
21-10-2008, 23:50
Good stuff, Beam!
Sounds like the job will suit you well!

Socrates
22-10-2008, 00:10
Congrats, Beam, for leaving a place you didn't enjoy yourself in. Sounds you're enthusiast about the new position.

I made a decision to learn OO languages partly on my own (Java, C++), so as to be able to reach a fitting position in my compagny. I also got some training weeks done at my compagny. :) Otherwise I'm a bit stuck in projects where it's only about clicking and using an Oracle DB. Meh.

Anyway, good luck to you ! ;)

Darkness
22-10-2008, 10:56
Great news Beam!

Shabbaman
22-10-2008, 11:10
The company where I started a year ago turned out to be a disappointment, Very cynical and indifferent, nobody is proud about what they are doing and a lot of things are a mess and nobody seems to care. Initially I thought this was due to a recent reorganization but it seems to be a permanent factor.

Sounds like my job. Anyway, are you going to bike this 4km? ;) And of course congratulations!

barbu1977
22-10-2008, 15:25
Good news Beam.

I made a similar switch 6 months ago and working in a company where coleagues are happy is really worth it.

col
22-10-2008, 19:31

Anyway, I've been looking around and to my surprise found and got a position at a small company less than 4 km from where I live. They develop and implement systems for clinical diagnostics and have the majority of Dutch hospital labs as their customers, including all but one of the Academic ones.

The intake was extensive, including a four hour test to evaluate the technical skills of the Beamer, followed by a diner with the owners. I've never done this before but is a very good way for both parties to learn a lot about each other.

So we both felt the fit was good on many aspects (enthousiasm is a word used a lot) and yesterday we made the final agreement. I'll start 3 november and looking forward to it! :) :) I'll have to learn a lot new healthcare terminology btw.

Thats great - and if you walk to work you wont need so much healthcare fatso.

Pastorius
22-10-2008, 19:53
what slim (col) said