PDA

View Full Version : Enemy demographics in F9 info screen

ERIKK
15-08-2007, 13:58
Does anyone know how to actually 'see' the demographics of another player, once you have the points for the passive mission available?

In my game I have loads of EP points and near all missions (active and passive) are possible. But I can't do anything with the passive missions 'can see Demographics mission'... According to the manual, the demographics should show up under F9 -> INFO SCREEN.

I must be doing something dumb as it isn't mentioned at all over at CFC... [blush2]

IglooDude
15-08-2007, 14:03
I think it is passive in the sense that once you have enough points, it just starts showing up.

In an SP game I'm playing, I started funneling points toward a single AI and after a little while its research (what tech it was researching and how many turns) just showed up on the AI list, and I didn't have any spies in its territory. Ditto now that I think about it, two civs showing on the demographics screen (both that I was sending the majority of my points at) and I didn't have spies in either of their turf.

Rik Meleet
15-08-2007, 14:03
I think it has to do with the lines of that civ in the graphs.
If you don't spend enough on espionage and are below the Demo-level of -for instance- Qin; Qin will not be visible in the graph.

Only a hunch, not tested.

socralynnek
15-08-2007, 14:05
I can't see it either, as I haven't installed BtS on the PC I am currently sitting on...

Oh, sorry, that was spamming...

I don't know the answer either, so you are not the only one being dumb here...

BCLG100
15-08-2007, 14:08
Have you tried clicking 'ctr+e' this takes you to the espionage screen, click on a leader (not the +/- bit) and in the upper left box it should say 'see demographics' or something similar, then it'll give a number, if the number of ep points you have for that leader is less than that number you wont be able to see. if you click the + button on him more of your ep points should go towards spying on him so then after a few turns you *should* be able to see, either that or its just a plain bug :D

ERIKK
15-08-2007, 14:16
[hmm]

- I have an abundance of points compared to the enemy => I click on one
- I see the cities of the enemy in the city list => I pick one
- I see the cost of the mission, as it is passive - I can't do anything...

I see all the lines in the F9 graph screen but the manual is talking about the F9 info screen.

btw: another passive mission is 'can see research' => that is shown on the main screen and I can see all...

So, I was wondering whatever am I doing wrong before I scream it is a bug! ;)

BCLG100
15-08-2007, 14:22
by see demographics, all it means is that you can see their lines going up on like the gnp/food/mfg etc screens, is that what you can't see?

ERIKK
15-08-2007, 14:31
I was more thinking that is means that you can see everthing you see in your own F9 info screen. The F9 info screen is not the F9 graph screen. And the manual says F9 INFO screen.

I was thinking we should be seeing exactly how many pops they have and what is their land size, income etc etc.

I might be wrong though... ;)

BCLG100
15-08-2007, 14:59
Yeah you are wrong, F9 info is the graph screen as that is what shows up when you press f9. It also shows income,pop, tech whatever you just gotta read it right :). In short the graphs get together everything that says under demographic fun.

ERIKK
15-08-2007, 15:12
quote:Originally posted by BCLG100

Yeah you are wrong, F9 info is the graph screen as that is what shows up when you press f9. It also shows income,pop, tech whatever you just gotta read it right :). In short the graphs get together everything that says under demographic fun.
Darn! When I get home I go check! [yeah]

Thought the screens were named differently, F9 houses a number of screens. I am damn sure the info screen is the screen which tells you how many soldiers you have bla bla bla...

Thanks!

ERIKK
15-08-2007, 16:15
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=238348

I guess you are right. Will check it anyway to be sure.

ERIKK
22-08-2007, 11:22
Checked and correct: spy points influence the demographics charts!

Thanks!