PDA

View Full Version : BtS multiplayer and spies.

Robboo
14-08-2007, 18:23
I think I found a potential "bug" in multiplayer. IT seems when you meet someone and a few turns pass, it doesnt show you the spy point ratio in the score board.

I can confirm it in 1 pitboss and in one made up PBEM vs myself. Just something to be aware of and a potential exploit that you can crank up the spy points and not have your friends/enemies know.

Tubby Rower
14-08-2007, 18:33
I don't think that is a bug. Could it be that the other player has more spy points than you and therefore you might not be able to see how far behind you are? Is it supposed to show up?

Robboo
14-08-2007, 22:36
Nope in AI games it shows up...even if you are behind as a ratio by their names. You get absolutley nothing in multiplayer.

ALSO in my self hotseat/PBEM both were equal and then one was a head. It made no difference.

mauer
22-08-2007, 01:11
Has anyone been able to succesfully implement a spy technique? I still haven't played much SP, but I'm not doing so well on the espionage part. Any good resources?

failedreality
22-08-2007, 02:08
I had a successful espionage in my SP game..

mauer
22-08-2007, 02:16
Wow, I'll be sure and use that tactic....

failedreality
22-08-2007, 02:36
just don't forget it..

I wasn't in the mood to type it all out at the time, basically I took my spy to an enemy city and then the next turn I had options on what to do.. In the spy screen you accumulate points and certain espionage or tricks cost these points... I think the one I did charged the current city like 500% more of the true cost of what he was building..
Once successful, you are transported back to the city you came from or cap, can't remember..