PDA

View Full Version : What physical problems do you have?

classical_hero
07-08-2007, 17:47
Right now I am having some serious stomach pains, so that means that I am having an Oesophagogastroduodenoscopy, for the long name or what is called here, a Gastroscopy, or for Americans, an Endoscopy, which is by far the easiest of all three to pronounce. I just love the full name of the procedure. When I am having the major pains, I find that eating is the last thing that I want to do, so some days I just do not eat, and others it is very limited. To help limit the pain I am taking a pill called Somac, which helps to neutralise the acid in the stomach. I am going for the procedure on the 13 of this month, so hopefully it finds something wrong with my stomach.

Also I have kidney problems and as a result I am taking some blood pressure tablets, to help ease the pressure on the kidneys. The doctor wants my blood pressure to get down towards 110, which is low, but this will help the kidney since too high blood pressure will put pressure on the kidneys. Even though my BP is not too high, with the kidney problems it is a concern, since this is really the only thing that can be done to help my kidneys. Also I have been told to stop taking any sort of fizzy drink, since they contain some chemical that Kidney has a hard time trying to remove.

Also as a result of either my Kidney or stomach problems, I am anaemic, which means that I cannot give blood. I actually found out when I went give blood and they found my haemoglobin was too low to give blood, but the thing is that I have enough Iron, so it is another thing that is wrong with me.

Also I have allergies, meaning that I get hay fever and Asthma, but both are quite mild so that is good. Also I have to wear glasses.

So as you can see, that I am a picture of health. ;)

Tubby Rower
07-08-2007, 17:51
my penis often drags the ground due to it's length. Some people say I have short legs too [lol]

socralynnek
07-08-2007, 17:52
Oh my god...not being able to eat properly...that's maybe my worst nightmare...

I think I am kinf of fine, only my knees hurt sometimes after playing football, but that is not that bad.

Hmm, ok I have some (bu very few) allergies, but who doesn't?
And I have long hair. OK, that's not a disease...;)

Tubby Rower
07-08-2007, 18:04
ok here's my real list.

I have Sarcoidosis. It showed up as a spot on my lung about 5 years ago just after I was married. They did every test they could think of and rule out cancer last just to keep us on our toes. Anyway the diagnosis was from a biopsy while I was in a CT scanner. It was weird with the doctor shoving a foot long needle into your chest while this huge scanner is all around you whirling about. Since the diagnosis it has never been seen again, but since it's a chronic condition it could come back at any time.

I also had huge tonsils. They were so stinking big that the Rhinotolayrngologist (Ear-nose-throat guy) thought that I had an infection. I had my tonsils removed about 6 years ago due only to the fact that food would get caught in them and start to decompose resulting in horrid halitosis.

My knees give me a problem when I run. I had my thumb split in two by a bulky man splitting wood with a maul and wedge. My thumb was between the maul and wedge. It actually split the bone at the tip completely in 2 vertically and the split continued through the joint to the next bone. I'm afraid of heights and being alone. I remember stuff really well but not everything, so I claim to have a partial photographic memory.

i think that's it.

classical_hero
07-08-2007, 18:14
quote:Originally posted by Tubby Rower

my penis often drags the ground due to it's length. Some people say I have short legs too [lol]
I think you have no legs, if that is the case. [tongue]

BCLG100
07-08-2007, 18:32
I glasses occasionaly when i need to see things far away, so errr not very often- generally stick to wearing contacts.

That is about it, recently i had the shits? does that count? other than that nothing. :)

Robboo
07-08-2007, 19:36
My back hurts recently due to I think a mattress that needs replacing. I had a rare intestinal thing in January that was fixed with antibiotics. Its a twisting in external blood vessels of the large intestine. It pinches off( green pea size) and dies which could result in a rupture intestine which would be very bad. Quite painful and you cant eat.

I am highly stressed out due to the new Federal budget not having any funding for my current job..as a result my stomach is acid mess of churning butterflies, I havent slept longer than 4 hours in over a week, I am a pain in the ass to be around as I have a short temper right now. Other than that...I am fine.

failedreality
07-08-2007, 21:28
Last Jan (07) I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease. (Intestinal Disease) Which basically means I'm highly allergic to Wheat, Rye, Barley and Oat Grains. So to keep a huge story short, I cannot eat anything that is made with those 4 listed about grains.. really sucks sometimes...

They say 1 in every 133 US people have it but it is really mis-diagnosed all the time for IBS and other stomach issues..

Tubby Rower
07-08-2007, 21:49
we're a bunch of whiners.

BCLG100
07-08-2007, 21:49
Cheerios not so cheery for you then...

failedreality
07-08-2007, 21:53
quote:Originally posted by BCLG100

Cheerios not so cheery for you then...

Not a chance.. [assw]

Robboo
07-08-2007, 22:24

we're a bunch of whiners.

We still have functional testes...[assw]

mauer
07-08-2007, 22:44
I'm tall, hit my head on stuff sometimes...mostly my wife's fist.

Beam
08-08-2007, 01:03
Stomage problems weren't that nice only decades ago but afaik can be cured very well today. Hope they get it sorted out soon CH!

Back in '81 there were 2 issues assuring I wouldn't be drafted for the Dutch conscription army of that era:
- Being 6'9" with the limit at 6'8"
- And being well shortsighted as a solid backup. Iirc the limit at the time was -6 while I'm about -7.

Contacts are an easy solution for the eyes and imo there also are laser procedures now which bring -7 back to a well controlled 0. Being tall is easy to deal with in NL but you have to know the does and don'ts. But try to buy a pair of trousers in the US and you'll learn soon the High'n Mighty really is oriented towards the mighty!

Beorn
08-08-2007, 01:08
quote: I'm tall, hit my head on stuff sometimes...mostly my wife's fist.

My pants are tall, they drag on the ceiling and I hit my penis on stuff sometimes ... j/k

I have allergies that give me nightmares just thinking about them. I'll visit a doc asap to get de-sensitivity shots, now that my nurse aunt told me about that, but I haven't been able to get to a clinic with my schedule lately.

Some days I just get a full nose, sore throat, itchy eyes or mucus spits, but when I happen to inhale something I shouldn't, pollen or dust or something, it can go from burning scratchy skin inside the articulations to heavy dizzyness and unability to sleep at all. When it happens at night, I wake up with a nightmare headache and like I spent the night running rather than sleeping.

My nuts produce quite a very healthy amount of sperm though, so no Tubs Syndrome here.

mauer
08-08-2007, 01:36
Bunch of ball kickers...

Whomp
08-08-2007, 04:41
All sports related injuries I suppose except my tonsils and recently getting glasses due to old age.
Left hand broke taking infield practice by a fungo bat.
Right thumb broke from a foul tip.
Scar on right thumb tearing a hole in it by dragging the QB down. Big play and all...
Scar on right index finger...playing golf in the basement and breaking a window. I tried pulling the glass out myself.
Scar on the top of my bald head from someone jumping on me at the pool.
Scar on the back of my bald head from someone running into me during a relay race (I was dribbling going backwards and they were looking down going forwards...dork).

Darkness
08-08-2007, 10:33
I have louzy eyesight, -7.75 in one eye and -8.00 in the other.
But besides that I am thankfully not bothered by phusical problems (outside of two torn ligament incidents (ankle and knee)).

Tubby Rower
08-08-2007, 13:13
Stop talking about my balls!!! They work fine. It's just that their plumbing had some "modifications". And just so you know.... both kids were conceived on the first go-round. :D

classical_hero
08-08-2007, 13:22
quote:Originally posted by failedreality

Last Jan (07) I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease. (Intestinal Disease) Which basically means I'm highly allergic to Wheat, Rye, Barley and Oat Grains. So to keep a huge story short, I cannot eat anything that is made with those 4 listed about grains.. really sucks sometimes...

They say 1 in every 133 US people have it but it is really mis-diagnosed all the time for IBS and other stomach issues..
If I were to hedge my bets, I would say that it the disease that I most likely would have, that is causing my stomach Problems. So that means that most cereals are are out of bounds, so what do you have for breakfast?

@BCLG100. I used to like Cheerios when I was younger, but now I find that they arr not filling.

Matrix
08-08-2007, 13:30
I'm allergic to alcohol. Seriously! But it's not so bad: sometimes I have to sneeze after the first sip of something stronger than beer.

Other than that I have no physical problems. My eyes are actually way better than average. I can read things from much further away than most people can. :)

And just so you know.... both kids were conceived on the first go-round. :D
Sorry to hear that. We are still in the practicing mode. [tongue]

romeothemonk
08-08-2007, 14:02
A couple of minor things for me.
1) I can't see. -10.5 and -10.75. Due to my sensitivity of my eyeballs, Contacts are a no go. I may try Laser surgery soon, but 3 years ago they canceled on the day of the surgery because the surgeon couldn't gaurantee a correction to 0. That hoser, I don't need 0, even -3 would be a heck of a lot nicer than where I am.
2) My spinal column has some natural fusing at the bottom, which makes it impossible to touch my toes. The fusing also restricts nerve movement into my legs making sustained running a painful proposition as the nerves hit the bone. (Chiropractor diagnosed this, but it seems to be the best explanation for my current symptoms I have heard, so I'll go with it for a while.)

Other than that, minor sports injuries, i.e. busted finger from football, fatigued muscle syndrome from heavy powerlifting, etc.

Sorry to hear that until his surgery Tubs only had sex twice. That must be the curse of getting it right the first time.
Oh Well, maybe he has more fun now.

Tubby Rower
08-08-2007, 14:13
fun is being had without worry of procreation [lol]

mauer
08-08-2007, 16:03
Somehow I feel so much better knowing Tubbs can't have any more chillen.

classical_hero
08-08-2007, 17:35
We all are.

BCLG100
08-08-2007, 17:45
quote:Originally posted by mauer

Somehow I feel so much better knowing Tubbs can't have any more chillen.

And yet the state hasnt for some reason got its scissors out when it comes to you?

USA amazes me [assw]

Tubby Rower
08-08-2007, 18:00
nothing like a bunch of drunk Brits running around with little bears holding guns [:p]

now everyone get back to telling us why you will die before 45 instead of continually talking about my nuts

mauer
08-08-2007, 18:46
Well Tubby, it's only natural that when there's a thread talking about what's wrong with someone, that your name comes up in nearly every post.

classical_hero
08-08-2007, 18:46

nothing like a bunch of drunk Brits running around with little bears holding guns [:p]

now everyone get back to telling us why you will die before 45 instead of continually talking about my nuts
With the problems with my kidneys, there is about a 50% chance that I will need to have a kidney transplant within 10 years.