PDA

View Full Version : Inter-site team game

IglooDude
31-07-2007, 22:33
http://www.strategamer.com/forum/showthread.php?p=15542#post15542

I'd think CDZ could contribute a team too...

Robboo
31-07-2007, 23:15
So if I read correctly....we would need 4 players to be a team. And we could have subs if one of those needs it.

I am interested but need to be careful I dont do too many. I say put me down as a maybe.

BCLG100
31-07-2007, 23:18
I'd play depending on settings and things.

Tubby Rower
01-08-2007, 00:42
no.. ISDGs are too phsychotic. I'll pass but would like to lurk if a team is started.

Beorn
01-08-2007, 03:20
Tubs x2

Darkness
01-08-2007, 09:08
Tubs x3

IanDC
01-08-2007, 11:01
It's not a Democracy game, you get 4 players & 4 civs in locked alliance as a team. I guess you can take input from people outside the team if you want but it's not being advertised as a Demo game.

socralynnek
01-08-2007, 11:03
Yeah, well then, why not...

If there are 4 playing, I'd like to lurk and be replacement, otherwise I can also imagine playing if there is a team from here forming.

IglooDude
01-08-2007, 12:26
As IanDC said, it isn't a democracy game, it's just a teamer - 3 or 4 players/civs per team, 4-6 teams.

Beorn
01-08-2007, 12:55
Well ID, nothing prevents a teamer to have lurkers and subs, from my perspective. I'd still be interested to lurk in a very impotent way if it's strictly 4.

Tubby Rower
01-08-2007, 12:55
the thing is that we get one turn per week if were lucky in the two ISDGs (civ3 & civ4) and interest dies mighty quickly. People break rules and then investigations slow the game.

As I already said, I'd love to lurk and would be available for a sub, but I'm not going to commit and participate on any appreciable level.

socralynnek
01-08-2007, 13:16
AFAICS it is pitboss, tubby. So should be much quicker.

Tubby Rower
01-08-2007, 13:19
oh then that should be better. I'll still lurk as me wife would rip me a new orifice if I play every day.

Robi D
01-08-2007, 13:29
I'm happy to give it a go if we get a team off the ground

BCLG100
01-08-2007, 19:07
I posted in the thread at strategamer seeing if there was anyroom for a cdz team seeing as we had a few interested folks.

Robboo
01-08-2007, 19:51
so far...

ID, BC, Robi D, yynek and Robboo...IF we only need 4 I can act as a sub and offer advice and spam.

With Tubby, beorn as subs, or alternates adn general spamming

Beorn
01-08-2007, 20:20
Darkness too, so that's 8 of us.

Robboo
01-08-2007, 22:41
I didnt see his post as him wanting to play...

BCLG100
01-08-2007, 23:57
and you thought anyone who activly posts here would want to miss out on a chance to spam?

failedreality
02-08-2007, 04:12
[assw]

mauer
02-08-2007, 06:20
What the heck, which site was that?

BCLG100
03-08-2007, 18:52
Ok, heres the shit!

http://www.strategamer.com/forum/showpost.php?p=15614&postcount=25
and heres the open thread at cfc
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=5770239#post5770239

we need a team captain, I'm happy to do it, doesnt seem to mean much other than say posting what our team wants to do nd shit

Yo shabba can we get a hidden forum? (meli/pp/annares if your watching you too :))

We need to think about what civs we want, also whether we disagree with any of the proposed rules.

Personally with alliances i'd prefer if tech trading was turned off. That and i'd like the no city razing option turned off.

Roster so far looks like
Able Players
Me
Igloodude
Robi D
Ynnek
Robboo~maybe? not sure whether you made up your mind

subs/whiners/spammers
FR
Tubs
darkness
beorn
mauer (he's not gonna miss out on the fun!)

Tubby Rower
03-08-2007, 19:45
Hey I'm not a whiner!!! but I like sub sandwiches with spam :D

Darkness
03-08-2007, 20:41
I'll be available to spam and to sub (once I get BtS)...

Robboo
03-08-2007, 21:01
put me in the group of able players...

Robboo
03-08-2007, 21:04
put me in the group of able players...

How many players do we need? I dont want to take someone else spot as the 4th so put me down as the 5th player/first sub.

Beam
03-08-2007, 21:04
Put me in with pencil if there is a spot left.

socralynnek
03-08-2007, 23:47
Robboo, I am fine with you being higher up in the list than me...I am fine with being a sub, especially as I might have limited times to log in.

BCLG100
04-08-2007, 15:43
Right so its between you three for the last spot, you could all play it if you want?

anywhoo private forum pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!

Beorn
04-08-2007, 15:52
Posted the forum request in the right place

Whomp
04-08-2007, 17:49
I'm not up the the skills of you guys but I'd like to lurk.
We also have a private forum that we could use if Shabba doesn't get around to it. It's the forum we used when we crushed the Russians that we could reactivate.

BCLG100
04-08-2007, 19:45
I thought that was public now? mainly cos i can see it but i didnt request access :)

We should get civ choices sorted out first though, who does everyone want? multi leaders are allowed and anyone else disagree with any of the settings or is it just me?

whip wants to get the game started today/tomorrow ish.

Beorn
04-08-2007, 19:52
I can see it too and never requested, and it was so even while the game was going on.

Robboo
04-08-2007, 20:34
As far as leaders we need a god mixture with not too much of one trait with the exception being aggressive.

We need one civ that can make settlers/workers quickly to share amongst our team another than can build archers with protective trait and then one should have aggressive. We need to make sure all of our UU dont happen at one time however if we get a horse UU and a spear UU they make highly effective stacks when combined.

My off the top of my head suggestions are Wang with his Cat UU and protective, I dont know who else the others should be but of those with protective Wangs UU kicks ass. I would play him if no one else wants him.

One additional note...espionage, has anyone figured out which civ is a good spy producer. I know you need loads of cash and only one of us really needs to be the spy maker if its shared. We could just have who ever has a reasonable gnp to produce the spy points.

If we all three play we need to have some sort of agreement of what we are doing. Maybe the 3 of use could each play for 1 week then flip off.

BCLG100
04-08-2007, 21:51
Aggressive isn't that brilliant, once we finish making grenadiers there's little extra it does, charismatic is a trait i'd argue is a lot better.

I'll be portugal if no-one objects- settlers+workers+ fancy caravel for landings in game.

native americans also are very awesome with their protective trait and totem poles, i think that'd be a much better option than wang if we're looking at protective, Capac would also be a good leader for wonders and financial. Washy is quite a good trait combo as well.

Robboo
04-08-2007, 22:41
Ok I forgot about the native americans...still in warlords mindset. I agree on portugal.

Portugal...BC
Native americans...I take it, my style is to play less aggressive and more protective any way..I am a builder.

Any idea on spy civs?

BCLG100
05-08-2007, 00:51
native americans, if someone plays them, will probably be the most aggressive civ we have....

early rush with dog soldiers and archers given 3 first strike promos so 2-5 strikes (protective+totem pole), then xbows should have had a GG by this point so be cranking out the units, native americans are an aggressive civ no two ways about it.

I'm still not totally sure who is playing, from what i can see based on the first come first served ratio we have Me, ID, robi d- then its a decision between rob, ynnek and beam.

I think you should decide on a civ between all three of you if your all going to be playing.

Robboo
05-08-2007, 02:38
OK lets just see what they say. I think we 3 could succesion game it, if they want to.

Whomp
05-08-2007, 03:53
Beorn--I added you to the list when you signed up here. I believe I can lock it again.

Robi D
05-08-2007, 04:12
Another thing to consider with leader choices is starting techs. We should look at having all 6 covered so it saves on research time and gives us the maximum options at the start of the game

Robboo
05-08-2007, 04:59
good point robi..

Robi D
05-08-2007, 09:47
Had a bit of a look through the all the civs and leaders. There are quite a few that are worth strong consideration but maybe i should keep them to myself until we get our own forum. But we should look at how the civs we choose compliment each other.

To use the old football saying its better to have a champion team then a team of champions

BCLG100
05-08-2007, 13:21
May as well start talking about civs in the open, everyone will know the pluses and minus's of each civ anyways it's not going to give anything away.

Robi D
05-08-2007, 14:38
I think as a foursome, Sitting Bull, Joao, Ragnar and Darius would make a nice combo. Berserkers and Carracks come out around the same time:D
Darius would be the teams cash cow being organised and financial plus the persian UU goes well with the dog soldiers for any early rushes.

The only slight problem with this combo is Wheel and Mysticism arn't covered. Myst isn't a big issue unless we are thinking of going for an early religion but wheel we would need to sort out quickly.

Robboo
05-08-2007, 15:18
Darius is nice for gold. We could go BW then wheel and have wheel before we need it( no workers that quick).

Whens the start time...I thought they wanted to start today?

mauer
05-08-2007, 15:38
quote:Originally posted by BCLG100
subs/whiners/spammers
FR
Tubs
darkness
beorn
mauer (he's not gonna miss out on the fun!)

[confused] What do you mean my good sir? Or was that a typo [lol]

BCLG100
05-08-2007, 17:07
just figured why would you miss it?!?!

seems like a nice bunch robi, personally i'd prefer capac over darius as it means we'd have an industrious fella- dont forget wonders built under a perm alliance are often shared.

Robi D
05-08-2007, 17:23
i guess that depends on how many wonders we would be targeting as to the usefulness of industrious compared to organised.

Robboo
05-08-2007, 18:12
OK what other benefits do organised give such as speed of buildings compared to industrious. Forge vs courthouse and lighthouse right...I'd say go with forge over the other two so industrious. Typically you build more forges than lighhouses or courthouses right.

However..I do prefer Darius due to his UU.

Robi D
06-08-2007, 09:55
Organised would also help in reducing maintenance costs as we got bigger, we could have Darius take on more cities as the game went on.

I agree with robboo about the Incan UU, it wont be any help at all. But if we want to go with industrious the other choices aren't helpful, only Qin and Augustus have UU's in the first half of the game but we hardly need a second protective or Imperialist trait, the rest are all middle to late UU's (Roosevelt, Stalin, Bismark, De Gaulle)

Traits aside the one thing i like about Darius is the Immortal, having a chariot with a bonus 50% vs archers could give us an edge if all the teams include Sitting bull in their line up

Robboo
06-08-2007, 13:06
when do we start? Unless some one is opposed. i think we can say our 4 civs are in order of agreement Sitting Bull, Joao(BC), Ragnar and Darius

BCLG100
06-08-2007, 14:10
Well we still havent heard from ID, nor anyone else that has wanted to join the game to see what they think.

About the UU- im not sure i see your reasoning behind not liking the quecha cos of its no use, when you say the benefit of the chariot is its 50% vs archers, well the quecha has 100% and is cheaper to build... So really im opposed to the Darius thing. If we're just looking at a financial leader to pay for everything then mali will be a good one or the English both UB's= lot of extra gold.

I think we should go with England- we have no UU's past CS, their redcoats would be very handy, financial=awesome and if we went with lizzy we could have her pump GP's for the rest of the team if need be.

IglooDude
06-08-2007, 14:32
Really I suck at picking civs - I just like a Caesar or Korea for the kick-ass UU. :D Though given the nerfed catapults in BtS, I won't be taking Korea so much anymore.

And if someone would like to take the fourth frontline spot in my place (Ynnek?), I'm okay with that.

socralynnek
06-08-2007, 14:51
Seems like we kind of fight for not taking that frontline spot...

I haven't had Warlords and just started playing BtS a little, so I guess, I might not be the best to play.

And my time is kind of limited (although i should get to play nce a day most of the time), so I think someone else should take that spot. But I play if no one else wants it.

I didn't play enough with the new civs and traits that came with warlords, so I am not that much of a help in civ choice either.

Robboo
06-08-2007, 16:04
OK I will take the front line spot. I assume BC and Robi are the other two.

ID...I still think that the Korean UU has its place in BtS. The nerfing hurt it yes BUT it still the best cat in the game. I just started a Korean game to test that out so we shall see.

So BC...you say it should be. Sitting Bull, Joao, Ragnar and an English(or Mali).

Quechen vs immortals
Immortal 4/2 50 vs archers so its a 6 vs archers and its mounted so no effect of melee bonus when it gets attacked. Axes can still kill them but its a bit fairer and spears butcher them. Costs 25 to build. Drawback is the need for horses.
Quechen 2/1 100 vs archers so its a 4 vs archers and its a melee unit which allows axes to butcher them. Spears too will kill them. No resources and can build right off.

I still like immortals. with the right promotions it is almost ax proof. I mean right now 2 of them would take out an ax. You would need around 3 or 4 quechens to accomplish that. My two cents....

English has a good point in that it gives us another UU BUT I never really build alot of riflemen so Red coats just seem to be a unit I would not use. BUT those were in trading heavy pitboss games so techs got outdated quick.

BCLG100
06-08-2007, 16:10
Redcoats are pretty much the best UU in the game imo.

yeah but the korean cat really isnt as brilliant now it can't actually kill anything!

plus the stock exchange just kicks ass. I'd be willing to play as the English if someone else wants to be portugal.

Robi D
06-08-2007, 16:22
Immortals still get the 100% bonus when attacking Axemen and i would assume Dog Soldiers as well.

However BC makes a point, it would be nice to have a later UU and the redcoat is very useful. In that case i would go with Liz because philo would be better that imperial.

Does this mean we have settled on the first three leaders?

Robi D
06-08-2007, 16:26

Redcoats are pretty much the best UU in the game imo.

yeah but the korean cat really isnt as brilliant now it can't actually kill anything!

plus the stock exchange just kicks ass. I'd be willing to play as the English if someone else wants to be portugal.

It kind of irrealvant who plays who, the key to winning the game is having the 4 civs functioning as 1 big one. So really we should be all interchangable with our positions.

BCLG100
06-08-2007, 16:28
so the three we've settled on are liz, joao and sitting bull?

i like the idea of vikings, what with the carraks and amphib landings.

Robi D
06-08-2007, 16:37
i was thinking we had settled on sitting bull joao and ragnar since no one has made other suggestion.
i guess we are leaning towards liz as the 4th but it would be nice to hear some more opinions

Also if someone can do some experiments for me as i'm off to bed in a minute. In a regular situation when you gift units say an archer from a protective leader to a non protective one the archer loses the bonus promotions, nut in a permanant alliance is that still the case?

Robboo
06-08-2007, 18:39
nope they dont lose it unless its changed...

ok so ragnar, joao and sitting bull and we have 3 players.. robi, bc and robboo. now we need a 4th civ and player

Robi D
07-08-2007, 08:43
ID said he was happy to but sucked at picking civs.

I'm happy to go with the english for civ number 4, having one later uu could be handy. Also with gifting redcoats would gain a strength with ragnar and a drill and city defence with sitting bull

socralynnek
07-08-2007, 08:51
IMO: The civ choice is good. Proect the English in the beginning and let them focus on cottages and great People. Especially in the later stages of the game, it is better to have one focused civ for science than to have 4 researching with mediocre speed. Can one even gift Great People?

Robboo
07-08-2007, 12:55
yes you can gift great people..I gifted one to simon early on it cdz group hug and he returned the favor later on

BCLG100
07-08-2007, 13:34
Right well who wants to be who (i know everything is interchangable but we should all try and have one main civ)- though i spose if anyone gets the time in the early stages they can just log in for everyone and hit enter.

i have tonnes of time so if you guys want me to i can be doing that.

I have no preferrance at all, so i'll just take the one you guys don't want.

IglooDude
07-08-2007, 14:16

Right well who wants to be who (i know everything is interchangable but we should all try and have one main civ)- though i spose if anyone gets the time in the early stages they can just log in for everyone and hit enter.

i have tonnes of time so if you guys want me to i can be doing that.

I have no preferrance at all, so i'll just take the one you guys don't want.

I'll take the warmongering one. [cool] And yeah agreed, that we should each have a main civ - it'll keep us all involved in the game, and also enable us to more readily respond to DMing and attacks and such.

Did Whip ever change his 'no DMs' rule? That's going to be a royal pain to keep track of if he doesn't change it.

Robi D
07-08-2007, 14:28
I would suggust we use the same password for all the civs for simplicity.

I'm happy to take on the English so you three can go off and fight.

Guess it time to start discussing strategies.
Research wise i would think the main techs to get are BW, IW, archery, wheel and currency.

BCLG100
07-08-2007, 14:48
tech trading is allowed in this game dont forget.

I'll be native americans as rob expressed a desire to be a bit of a builder this game and portugal suits that he can just gift carracks to me and ID, if thats ok with him?

If we dont start with it already, i need myst- got my Ub :)

Robi D
07-08-2007, 15:03
Would not have figured it would be on in a team game. We will still need alpha for spies anyway.
So i'm guessing the line up is
N. Americans - BCLG
Vikings- ID
Portgual- robb
England- Robi

No we don't have myst at the start.

Our research path could be Myst-BW-Archery-Wheel-IW as the first five. Currency is something we shouldn't delay on too much because we need it to trade gold amongst ourselves.
With Portugals traits i'm guessing robb with be building some extra workers and settlers for the team.

Robboo
07-08-2007, 15:35
OK not a problem I can play protugal. As far as tech choices I agree with that order except maybe pushing IW back a notch if we dont see the need for swords or iron that early.(coudl run after alpha then go to IW) I will build as many settlers and workers as needed hopefully I have a food-rich capital.

BC can you post when it starts and the IP info. I am ready to go and look forward to kicking some butt.

BCLG100
07-08-2007, 15:58
Hopefully you have a hammer rich capital dont you mean rob ;)

you only get the %increases if your working hammers, food doesn't count towards it. More often than not when im playing as portugal on a continents map they end up starting next to a sea resource so may be worth starting on a workboat.

I agree with rob though, perhaps IW wont be as needed as quickly, i think we should go BW-wheel-AH-myst-archery.

Think AH is quite important, we need horses and also will more than likely have some pasture needing things within reach.

Robboo
07-08-2007, 17:41
crap..yeah i forgot about where the bonus comes from... Food equals population so I want both... :)

I agree...near the coast with food equals workboat...no doubt. Now if there are 2+ water resources than a lighthouse will get you using both for the same food(as one workboat) in less turns than 2 workboats. Thats the quick way to get a worker out at size two...( if you can only do food). again this is neither here nor there since we can see it yet.

BCLG100
07-08-2007, 18:15
Also from memory you need sailing for a lighthouse, which you wont have at the start.

Robi D
08-08-2007, 09:44
Would it be worthwhile having a seperate thread for each civ alongside this thread?

How about wonders. There are two that i think we should look at if the effects cover all 4 civs, first is the pyramids, which would allow the warmongers to run police state while the more peaceful run representation. The second is the statue of zeus for its nice properties.

socralynnek
08-08-2007, 09:54
I vote for having 2 threads for each civ, one for discussion what to do and one for screenshots for lurkers or shall i call it "advisors".
Then probably one thread for each opponent team for Espionage and other information about them.

BCLG100
08-08-2007, 10:55
pyramids are incredibly expensive so unless we have stone nearby or it somehow only takes a few turns to build theres not much point in getting it.

Glib obviously, especially if i got it with my philo trait. Statue of zeus- its a luzury but not vital.

Robi D
08-08-2007, 12:37
I'm philo too :)

Is there any word on the other teams?

Robboo
08-08-2007, 13:25
Zeus could be very powerful in an all war game, not as much here if we can trade techs. This once again gets in the spaceship victory realm and we need to make a friend on another team to secure a trading partner. I suggest that it not be the next door neighbor.

SPYS...do we have one civ doing all the points or do we each take an opponent. i think we al have tospread our points out..perhaps one civ is in charge of the spying for one other civ and we keep adding a civ to everyone as we meet them. Suggestions?

Robi D
08-08-2007, 13:56
We all get EP's from the palace so we would all need to put in on that front.

I would be surprised if this came down to space. There is going to be a lot of firepower on the map.

BCLG100
08-08-2007, 15:10
This isnt an always war game is the problem, also bear in mind we could be absolutly miles apart.

the civivor game me, myself and stapel, me and stapel ended up seperated from myself by unnavigable water till astronomy.

Robi D
08-08-2007, 15:20
The setting should be so we are grouped together

BCLG100
08-08-2007, 15:33
Yeah that was the setting in CivIVor too and we are close there, about 20 tiles apart, still got an ocean in the way :)

Robi D
08-08-2007, 15:45
i guess pangea is the best map to go with then

BCLG100
08-08-2007, 16:00
whips already decided on snakey continents i think.

BCLG100
08-08-2007, 22:40
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=5791884&postcount=9

ok i disagree with quite a few things but what do you guys think?

Robboo
08-08-2007, 23:16
What do you see as a problem except for disallowing civs.(that we want)

IglooDude
09-08-2007, 01:15
Obviously I disagree with the no-DMs-in-wartime. I mean, duh - who cares about DMs in peacetime? And with the probable lack of civstats, it's going to be a pain to adhere to and to administer.

BCLG100
09-08-2007, 01:45
As ID said the DM thing, that and cfc seems to be thinking duplicate leaders arent allowed.

ID mind if i copy the jist of your post over to cfc? (i'll leave out the duh ;))

IglooDude
09-08-2007, 01:58

As ID said the DM thing, that and cfc seems to be thinking duplicate leaders arent allowed.

ID mind if i copy the jist of your post over to cfc? (i'll leave out the duh ;))

I sorta did it already in answering CB Droege's post, but have at it in any case. You want to talk about asshattery, try having him as an ally... [rant]

BCLG100
09-08-2007, 02:12
lmao, this the stg game where your my ally too? that game, we've got 4 pretty good civs in the alliance then tweedle dee and dum over there (you two) which one of you's lost your capital? :D

Robboo
09-08-2007, 03:11
yeah the no DM rule sucks...

Robi D
09-08-2007, 09:10
Duplicate leaders should be allowed, that way any arguments about civ choice are avoided all together.

The DM rule is going to be a pain with 4 civs per team involved, at what point will it be considered that a team played it turn?

BCLG100
09-08-2007, 14:25
Problem is there doesn't seem to be one thread where all the discussion is done, most is at STG but then some at cfc- not everyone is getting all the info.

basically so far everyone's still talking.

Robi D
09-08-2007, 14:38
Having one thread might be a good suggestion.

Basically we are ready to go. Need the game to start before more definative tactics so we can sit back and err spam :)

BCLG100
09-08-2007, 14:45
That was meant to be the one at cfc but only i and some guy from cfc posted in it.

Robi D
10-08-2007, 11:22
Well if anyone can keep track of things is you. You have more fingers in more pies then... err... never mind;)

BCLG100
14-08-2007, 18:44
it seems every site isn't as awesome as us and taking their sweet ass time doing anything, i've posted our leaders in the main thread (not who is who)

Re passwords, if we're just having one collective one how about 'spam'?

Beorn
14-08-2007, 22:17
spamtastic.

Robboo
14-08-2007, 22:37
cool which ever you chose but it must be spam in origin.

BCLG100
15-08-2007, 00:31
sorry i just meant all four of us go with the word 'spam' makes it easier for us to remember rather than having to remember four different ones

IglooDude
15-08-2007, 01:07
An excellent plan...

Robboo
15-08-2007, 01:11
spam sounds good.

Robi D
15-08-2007, 12:29
spam is good

BCLG100
16-08-2007, 12:34
someone has now brought up the discussion about playing at epic speed :(

Robboo
16-08-2007, 12:52
geesh...I might be retired by the time it ends. no matter we will destroy them all before that.

IglooDude
16-08-2007, 20:48

someone has now brought up the discussion about playing at epic speed :(

Shit, are you kidding me? They want to do that, they can play in one of GreatScott's epics.

Beorn
16-08-2007, 21:54
Epic speed in a pitboss is like eating cake with a straw. It's way too painful.

Robi D
17-08-2007, 07:50
quote:Originally posted by Beorn

[rotfl]

Why would anyone think adding 4-5 months to a game thats going to take about a year is a good idea.

Whats next, someone suggests marathon[lol]

Normal speed is the way to go.

Darkness
17-08-2007, 09:30
quote:Originally posted by Beorn

Even visualization of that process is painfull, let alone the real thing... [crazyeye]

Robboo
17-08-2007, 12:58
That sounds like something my 5 or 3 year old would try to do....

Robi D
19-08-2007, 05:13
I don't know if its been discussed but complete kills should be on. If someone for a team loses all their cities it would be harsh to lose any units that civ had to the rest of the team

Robboo
19-08-2007, 05:18
I agree with that...

BCLG100
19-08-2007, 10:49
oh we're not even close to talking about that!

im away from next wed to monday so someone will have to keep checking the thread to see if anything happens.

Robboo
19-08-2007, 16:54
CFC thread or the other?

Robboo
25-08-2007, 02:19
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=5853086#post5853086

loooks like kick off is set for saturday... yall ready.

MAke sure you read teh post that tells ho to choose your leader. There are duplicates. We want to make sure we arent the jackasses that screw up.

Beorn
25-08-2007, 03:39
What version btw?

Robboo
25-08-2007, 05:56
i have no idea...

IglooDude
25-08-2007, 12:56
3.03 I'm guessing, since I can't get in with 3.02.

Robboo
25-08-2007, 14:08
shit so now a dual install of bts... more crap to my list of stuff to do.

Beorn of the lurkers..anyone want to play BC's first few turns?

Beorn
25-08-2007, 15:34
I definitely would, weren't I without any version of civ 4 since I fucked something up by doing something I don't know.

IglooDude
25-08-2007, 15:37
If it matters to anyone, I'm going to upgrade the CivIVor: BtS to 3.03 tomorrow morning. Next turn is up right about... now in that, so you can queue some moves if you want.

Robboo
25-08-2007, 16:07
HEy if you move that one up to 3.03. All I have to do is get mauer and Rik to upgrade and I am not dual installing.:)

ID/Robi/LURKERS...I can play BC turns till his return unless someone else wants to jump up and do it. I cant play however till this afternoon.

Robi D
25-08-2007, 17:37
Is the game about to start? Last time Simon said anything the talk was about game speed

Robboo
25-08-2007, 18:30
according to the link..they started it.

mauer
25-08-2007, 19:20
Rob, you don't have the newest BTS patch? I can play BC's if you can't or just don't want to patch.

Robboo
26-08-2007, 04:52
I am patched up now...We all may have missed a turn i will play them all right now.

Robboo
26-08-2007, 05:26
HOLY SHIT...

I have seen the best start of any game ever....are you ready for this.
English Lizzie 4 gold hills, 1 cow and one rice all in fat cross. With enough food and buecracy that city can run all of English science.

Ok we are in a rough c shape on the map. I think the north civ scouts south towards civ 2, civ 2 scout towards civ 3, 3 towards 4 and civ 4 work the opposite coast North. I set everyone to build a warrior as I am sure we have e neighbors close by. There was about 20 hours left on this turn. We did indeed miss a turn.

sorry no pictures...it was late

Robi D
26-08-2007, 08:51
WTF when did it start. So much for a warning of some sort.

What the ip?

Edit- Never mind found the IP.

Downloading the 3.03 patch now as soon as thats done i'll go in and get some screenshots:D

Robi D
26-08-2007, 12:01
Screenshots are done. Also set up individual civ threads and a team one.

IglooDude
26-08-2007, 15:11
Okay, I'm in.

Robboo: the CivIVor game is going to get upgraded at noonish today, in about 3 hours (roughly when the turn changes over, or a little after).

Robboo
26-08-2007, 17:27
no problem..luckily I had nothing to do in that turn since i alwasy send my scout running with goto orders

socralynnek
28-08-2007, 23:02
killercane can read this forum now too...he wanted to lurk.

socralynnek
28-08-2007, 23:06
oh and I removed Failed Reality from forum access. AFAICS he is on the CFC team, correct me if I am wrong.

Current lurkers/players:
BC
ID
Robi D
me
Robboo
Tubs
Beorn
mauer
killercane

BCLG100
29-08-2007, 00:28
do we have a sign up thread anywhere?

Beorn
29-08-2007, 00:35
We do !

http://civ3duelzone.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4708

Robi D
01-09-2007, 02:09
This was posted at the cfc:

Civstats is now running for this game.

http://www.civstats.com/viewgame.php?gameid=597

I've set everybody's registration password to aa.

BCLG100
01-09-2007, 02:12
is the game down for anyone else?

Robi D
01-09-2007, 03:23
just tried it and got in.

Robi D
01-09-2007, 05:24
There was a few minutes left so i login and played for you simon :)

BCLG100
01-09-2007, 12:33
cheers, maybe i was using the wrong ip or something :S

BCLG100
03-09-2007, 18:52
Ok well as some of you may know, im moving into my student house soon so i'm not sure when i'll have the internet again. It'll be in about a week but from then someone will need to cover my turns, that ok?

Robi D
04-09-2007, 08:28
i'm sure one of the several lurkers/spammers could step up :)

IglooDude
04-09-2007, 12:41

Ok well as some of you may know, im moving into my student house soon so i'm not sure when i'll have the internet again. It'll be in about a week but from then someone will need to cover my turns, that ok?

I did this turn for you, didn't want to let your capital or research go undesignated. :)

socralynnek
04-09-2007, 13:11
I'd like to step up but my computer is still not working, so I can't help currently.

BCLG100
04-09-2007, 15:05
quote:Originally posted by IglooDude

I did this turn for you, didn't want to let your capital or research go undesignated. :)

Cheers, this turn was more cos i forgot [blush]