PDA

View Full Version : Week 13 league matches

Dell19
24-06-2007, 23:27
Played against the team in third and found myself 3-0 down at half time whilst losing the midfield battle. The second half saw a dramatic comeback and we ended up winning 4-3 and just edged midfield in the second half. I lost a midfielder in the first half and he lost one in the second half which is probably why there was such a turn around.

I had assumed he would be counter attackimg so my midfield was a bit worse than normal however it porbably helped that I had more attacking options as he packed his central defence. Two goals separate my team from top of the league and he is still in an automatic promotion place after an unlucky defeat. We both have moderately tricky away matches on the final day

Socrates
24-06-2007, 23:42
Won 0-8 (my record) against a newbie. Still 1 point behind the cheater, who is supposed to be replaced by a newbie this week. I should win next match, which means I need the replacement to lose or draw... but it's against another noob. So the title will be decided by luck mainly.

arne1
25-06-2007, 00:03
won 0-2 at the number 2. So I am champion now. Will be playing in VI next season.

sz_matyas
25-06-2007, 04:36
Won 0-8 and wrapped up the title. Also feel secure in getting the top scorer for the league as I currently have the top 3, though I'm really gunning for the guy who missed 7 games (and is still injured) to win it. On the down side I now have 2 red cards for the final week against a semi-challenging opponent as I work on cup positioning (top team with worse points than a single loss in div VI, but not auto-promoting at the moment). As a further bonus I'm in the top 8 most misunderstood teams in USA div VI quite an honor if my players didn't have to sit out.

Way to go arne and best of luck on promoting Krysz, can't imagine what it's like to lose to a cheater like that. I guess I'll also have to check on Dell's game as so many leagues are coming down to the final match.

Aggie
25-06-2007, 08:53
I won 2-4 vs the counter-attack kings Haz Dorp. My 3rd win in 4 matches vs them. I will almost certainly end 3rd, maybe even 2nd. My main striker is 4 goals clear, but has a red card. The competitor plays me next week, so I deon't expect 4 goals from him there.

quote:Originally posted by kryszcztov

Won 0-8 (my record) against a newbie. Still 1 point behind the cheater, who is supposed to be replaced by a newbie this week. I should win next match, which means I need the replacement to lose or draw... but it's against another noob. So the title will be decided by luck mainly.

That team will win next match I'm afraid. He will only turn ownerless, not into a bot...

Kingreno
25-06-2007, 10:07
Killed a bot 8-0 at home. rain made sure trhe stadium was only filled for 60%, whilst being solid second in the league... bleh.

Tubby Rower
25-06-2007, 12:00
I won 0-7 against one of the weaker teams in the weakest div V league in the US. I only missed one chance.

The better story is that my opponent next week lost to the league leader (he had been playing 5-5-0 pressing to force draws). Even though I think that he was hoping for a draw but he played 3-5-2. Now I'm 3 points behind #4 and 3 points lacking in point differential. So it'll be still tight if I get 4th place or not even though I'm playing at home. I'm still debating on whether I should MotS the match or PiC it knowing that the Q-match will be at 3-mile island and I get another training match.

socralynnek
25-06-2007, 12:32
Won 5-1 at home.

I will now definitely become 2nd.

That's good cause 3rd was my best before.

Though I think next season won't be as good, but let's see.

Tubby Rower
25-06-2007, 13:47
I was just trying to figure out what happens if I win the next game by exactly 3 goals and came to the conclusion that I need to win by only 2 goals as that would increase my GD by 2 and decrease his by 2. So things are looking better for me to for sure stay in the league. Although a Q-match could be fun too.

Shabbaman
25-06-2007, 22:22
I drew, again. But I just noticed that I got a record 60 stars last week.