PDA

View Full Version : Season 32, Week 12

Socrates
16-06-2007, 23:25
I drew 1-1 against #3, despite much better stats and all... Well, your usual result.

Cheater-bot about to promote, and me closer to quitting this joke of a game. [/rant]

Kemal
16-06-2007, 23:39
Well, what is there to say... usually I'm not supportive for managers complaining about the HT-random and the "why did I lose" postings... but in your case krys I have to make an exception, and I can totally understand your frustration, especially since the cheater will be the one promoting.

You've been screwed non-stop by the engine lately, and for example your latest match looks good rating-wise and with regard to the followed tactic, but still you end up with a draw. In 4 of the last 6 matches you've obtained a result that probably had a 10% or so likelyhood of occuring which ends up costing you the season. That indeed is not a good gaming experience at all. [sad]

sz_matyas
16-06-2007, 23:47
While not as dominant as some of your terrible results, I have to agree with Kemal that the engine seems to be holding you down. On the bright side you are easily the #2 team and with a lucky demotion you should dominate next season, but it really hurts this season. The extra time in a lower division will also help you avoid relegating immediately, but I don't think that's much consolation.

Socrates
17-06-2007, 00:21
Nah, I really don't need an extra season in Division VIII (really weak division in France), it's already my 3rd one there. Last season I could have my chance, I even had one lucky result against #1, but the logic was respected (he could promote to D.VI now !!). This season I was the uncontested best team on paper. So sz_matyas's argument could have been used for this season ; what assures me of winning next season ? And if I want to totally trash the opposition, I could use the money I'm keeping now plus the money I'll soon get from my winger trainees to build me a super-team... But I'll end up paying huge wages and only get D.VIII attendance fees. A waste it is.

And Kemal, I'm keeping my rational mind : it's just I'm at the extreme part of the Gaussian curve this season, it HAS to happen to someone sometimes. I understand that there must be some random in the game, and I can understand getting unlucky results. Here it's just that it keeps repeating, and the cheater-bot promoting (and NEVER defeated !) is just the cherry on the cake. Once again, I could live with that, but the fun from the gaming experience is gone. Ah, it's just a game, there are much more dramatic things in life than this...

BCLG100
17-06-2007, 00:27
Is the cheater not getting banned then?

socralynnek
17-06-2007, 14:15
He is probably already banned as he hasn't logged in for 5 weeks.

But the matches are still played with his old team until the end of the season. So he might promote and then become a bot.

socralynnek
17-06-2007, 15:36
BTW, I won away 1-0 vs the 8th team. He has a quite strong defense but nothing else, so I won even with playing my weaker midfielders.

I am currently selling two supernatural IMs as 2nd place is secure and 1st place only theoretically possible.

But probably therefore my team is weaker next season, but let's wait and see.

Maybe I'll buy some good winger or such.

BCLG100
17-06-2007, 20:27
lost 3-0 even with a MOTS including a trainee loss :(

arne1
17-06-2007, 23:22
won 6-0 with pic, got a full house and still a passable midfiled rating. And apparently i played my best match ever. Play the number 2 next week and he won't know what will hit him.
In theory I still need 2 points. And I play #2 and #3 in the last games. In practise I need only 1 point since I am 5 points ahead and up 22 in goal diference. Promotion is in the bag.

sz_matyas
18-06-2007, 02:57
In a very exciting game, I had a 0-0 draw. Of course this is to be expected for a game WITHOUT A SINGLE SHOT

quote:
hunting_penguins immediately set off using their skill at pressing their opponents. There was a bit of a mixup on the field as hunting_penguins found themselves out of position and their organization level dropped to weak. hunting_penguins's ability to press their opponents all over the field paid off frequently. In the 34th minute, hunting_penguins's Shad Goetz received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. 0 - 0 was the score after the first half. hunting_penguins held the ball, with a clear 64 percent of possession.

hunting_penguins's coach took some time during the break to go over his strategy, which raised hunting_penguins's organization to passable. hunting_penguins, bringing their ball possession to 81 percent, dominated the battle.

That's right, no shots all game and nothing at all in the 2nd half. On the plus side I am now 4 points up on the guy in 2nd and play a bot next week. This also gives me two draws on the season meaning I likely get to play a qualifying match. Should give me a chance to see whether I belong in div V or not. Hopefully others didn't have quite as bizarre a match.

barbu1977
18-06-2007, 03:01
Lost a 5-2 mots game. HO gave me a 50% win chance an 30% tie chance. He got somehow lucky since his inad attack scored 4/4 chances on my solid defence.

I'm still in first place 2 points ahead of #2.

It's all going to come down on the last week when I face the #3 team away in a must win situation for the title.

akots
18-06-2007, 03:46
Everything is set up for journey to Division IV for Chemists winning against number 2 away 0-4 and getting myself firmly in the green zone for auto-promotion. However, I'm not sure whether I actually want to promote or not. There is almost no money in the coffers and no free time to earn it the hard way on the transfer market. I don't even have the money to switch the coach or significantly upgrade the arena. So, I'll be going there with what I have. We'll see how it goes. For the time being I just need to win two remaining games which does not look very hard and then survive through the season brake for 2 weeks somehow. The latter seems to be much harder.

Various plans even include switching back to keeper training after a certain stage in winger training is finished. Or completely abandoning any meaningful training in favor of a good cup run since without it, I might just go bankrupt. There is an option of selling out all current midfield (4 worthy players should bring about 3.5 million) and buying three guys less expensive to maintain at the world class level. This would mean a nasty drop in performance however. So, I'll decide it later early in the next season or at least after I know how strong is the league where I would get. They are all mostly of about same strength with first 5 teams ranging from 200 to 260 stars with a few exceptions here and there. I should be able to hold on with what I have for one season at least.

Mistfit
18-06-2007, 05:01
@ krys - did you message the GM's as I suggested? What did they reply?

@ akots - Bravo! I look forward to seeing you succeed in the 4th division.

As for me I moved into 3rd place and pretty well insured that I will stay in the 5th division for yet another season. I beat a better opponent by playing to his weaknesses.

Aggie
18-06-2007, 07:24
Krys, I have to agree that your situation is getting ridiculous. I feel for you.

I won my match 6-2 and will end 3rd or 4th. My top striker scored another two goals and is now 4 goals clear of nr 2 in that list.

Dell19
18-06-2007, 19:30
I won 1-0 to just about stay in the title race and hopefully next week I can get a big crowd at home.

Socrates
18-06-2007, 21:59
Ah, sorry Mistfit, your idea was probably good, but I didn't do it. Maybe I thought it wasn't going to happen... But I didn't think I would be so unlucky back then. Anyway.

Mistfit
19-06-2007, 00:46
There is still time.. send the bastards a letter and make them do their jobs