PDA

View Full Version : ***SPOILER**** 8 PLAYER

digger760
04-06-2003, 09:06
Image Insert:
http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/digger760/200364131048_8start.jpg

digger760
06-06-2003, 10:09
turn 2. Set Research to Pottery, moved research slider to 100%. Set worker to mine bg, next to river.

digger760
03-07-2003, 13:55
turn 16,

have mined BG to the south west, irrigated wheat to the west, in that order, not sure if that was the wrong way round, but i wanted a bit of production first.

Have discovered pottery, now researching bronze.

Have explored a bit to the north east, not much grassland up there, but lots of plains. Looks like sea about 3 squares east/southeast of Capital, don't want to waste land so it might be a close build for the first few cities. I will post a screen shot tonight.

digger760
03-07-2003, 21:40
http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/digger760/200373213932_8player_16.jpg
53.4KB

Matrix
09-07-2003, 19:10
So peaceful... Not an enemy in sight... [sigh]

Irrigating that wheat is a strange choice IMO. Shouldn't you mine that place? If you want to build settlers fast you'd better build a granary. But now you'll grow much too fast if you don't build a settler or worker.

Ah well, it would be a waste if you changed it now. But I think I'd do it different. :)

digger760
10-07-2003, 09:26
I hope people look at the topic before clicking the last post button. I thought i was reading your deathmatch thread until i relised what i actually clicked on.

actually i went into dis-order when i hit size 3, i fixed it with the lux slider a turn later[smokin] . I am getting 4 food from that wheat, i never did the maths of 3 food and a sheild. I am heading to irrigate the cow. But i may put a road to the furs first. I have a settler place on the forest to the south east of the furs ready to be built next turn. I get to size 3 with only those 2 developed squares so irrigating the cows would be a waste at the moment. I need the lux more than the cows.

I don't think a granary is neccesary if you have cows or wheat.

digger760
25-01-2005, 10:39
Captians log 1075BC

After spending long periods of time in the wilderness...leaders gone missing new leaders spawned. The pace of the game has picked up recently and i feel its time for an update.

Many years ago word spread of a dispute arising amoung a the roman niegbours of India and a far flung group of people called the Japanese whom Rome to this day have never meet (Only via diplo channels). Sketchy details reveal the origins of the dispute results from aggressions against an exploring unit. To this day a state of war has been ongoing between these 2 nations.

In the mean time, peace has reigned down upon the Roman Empire in what seems to be a tranquil part of the world, where neighbours (Killer of India and - Markstar of Iroquois) seem to share a profound belief in peace and sharing. However it has not all be plain sailing as it has taken time, a bit of tension and distrust at times and some amount of communication between all to form such an alliance.

Many years ago the Romans were considered outcasts of the East and were overlooked at the time by Killer of India, Skyfish of Mongolia and Wildfire of the Iroquios, in diplomatic and trade negotiations. Around the time these leaders were in power an alliance was spawned between them to counter the agression of anarres of Japan, who it seemed is secretly aligned with Erikk of the Greeks, although this is all heresay and speculation by Killer of India.

Rumors abound of another distant civilisation, Babylon, ruled by a fellow by the name of Tunerica. Yet the romans have neither meet these people nor heard any rumors about the diplomatic states of this nation.

More recently great upheavals took place in the leadership of the world. Great Leader Skyfish of the Mongols was outcast and a new leader emerged in the name of ProPain. Chief Wildfire of the Iroquios misteriously disappeared and a young but very threating iroquios by the name of Markstar stood upo to take command. While in Babylon, Tunerica was becoming increasing involved in philosophical studies of the future and was dreaming of becoming an engineer of some description so he resigned his post and Arghis stepped in to take over.

In recent chats with the Indians, they have suggested/mentioned the Babylonians as potential alliance partners, yet since Rome still does not have contact with this nation it is not possible to confirm that such alliance exist.

Mean while to Romes south, the Iroquios, under the leadershiop of Markstar, have adopted quite an agressive settlement plan by founding the city of Centralia (to grab spices and Iron), which results in a cultural battle with the immediate lands of the roman city of Pompeii. This was considered by Rome as totally unacceptable and almost resulted in a declaration of war by Rome on the Iroquious. However Romes position in the world was very weak (coming last in most demographical statistics) and without a supply of Iron for another few hundred years, they lacked any options for military action. Iroquois by this stage were becoming accepting of allowing Rome into the Eastern alliance. In the spirit of this Rome offered to clear forest further west so that the cultural dispute would be moved to the outer Ring of Pompeii, while still providing spices and the iron to the Iroquois, in the towns inner 8 squares (One of Iroquois reasons for Cenralia was its offering of grassland, something they seriously lacked in the heartland). However it was not to be and Centralia was founded. Rome has decided to overlook this for now..but eventually it could be the reason for an eventual outbreak of war between the 2 countries.

The current situation puts Rome, India, Iroquios, Mongols and Babylon (?) in a loose alliance against Japan and Greece (both nations highly regarded by India, Iroquios and Mongols and being a real threat in the game)

The alliance is generall run by Killer of India, however there has been increasing communication between Rome and Iroquios more recently. The mongols at this stage almost seem like a silent partner (i'd almost suggest they were Indias lackey).

Here Romes my view of the world 1075BC (note Japan in mini-map, is the only country to establish an embassy with roman..in about 1125BC)
http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/digger760/2005125102937_1075BC.jpg
91.72KB

Note a barb on the mountains to the north east of Rome..it is belived that the nation of Babylon may exist beyond this. Towards the centre of the minimap, the borders of Greece and Japan were observed by a roman warrior across a large sea area. It is belived that the Mongols exist across a narrow ocean to the south east of Rome.