PDA

View Full Version : Season 32, Week 11

Socrates
10-06-2007, 00:51
[eek] I lost 2-3 to one of the crappy teams in my league. Once again I was just very, very unlucky, and to be honest, this is starting to piss me off very badly. :( Considering how this team bought 3 players recently, I had even changed my mind, and decided not to use the PIC option (my TS was at "irritated"). Nevermind, in the 2nd half I get 70% possession but no scoring opportunity at all. The stats are completely in my favour...

In the meantime, #1 (cheater bot) draws against another crappy team, but this time he got low stats, so he could even have lost. This gives hope for the remaining matches, but tonight I'm just losing 1 more point.

This is the first time I'm considering quitting the game altogether. Not sure if I'm gonna do that, but seriously, there's just too much randomity in this game, and there's no fun in that (even less fun than Civ3's pollution (Soren Johnson, we need you !! [crazyeye] )). I know I'm in the middle of a very unlucky series of events, but that's what I think at the moment.

Oh, on top of that, I get a bruised player and a 2-week injury for my only GK (my opponent gets a 4-week injury as well).

Kemal
10-06-2007, 09:05
It was extremely unlucky indeed, your ratings are better but because you have a very unbalanced attack (pas/poor/pas) and a poor defense, you can get screwed big time if the distribution of chances is not in your favour.

As it stands, this distribution was - at best - 4 vs 6 in your game, which is of course rare with such possession. However, when this happens, looking at the defense/attack comparison of your teams, a draw is not that unlikely unfortunately. You will score a predicted 3 out of 6 chances, he will score 2 out of 4. In this case, there was a small deviation resulting in you scoring 2, him scoring 3.

Looking at the match report, the loss of your goalkeeper and the ensuing drop in defense is what cost you the match this time I guess. Even an inadequate reserve goalie probably would have given you a victory.

Socrates
10-06-2007, 14:47
Let's say that there was a list of random events and that I lost them all... again. This is the 2nd "surprising match" for me this season, according to Alltid (not in my favour). Apparently it only lists matches with a winner, because I also think my draw vs #1 was a surprising result.

Granted, this time I had a far lower defense than my opponent, but that is partly due to my GK's injury, which is the worse that can happen in terms of injury. But his only good rating is his central defense, and... I had chosen to use AOW with one forward towards wing, resulting in both wing attack ratings being much higher than both his wing defenses. My loddar is twice as big as his. My midfield rating is almost twice as big.

Just fuck it. If I don't promote this season, I'm quitting the game. I'll be a sore loser, but at least I won't lose my time against a very annoying algorithm anymore.

Dell19
10-06-2007, 22:17
I won 4-0 whilst the league leaders lost to a tactical CA so I am only 3 points behind. Might normal or MOTS next week so that I can get a big crowd for my last home game of the season in week 13.

arne1
10-06-2007, 23:14
I won 5-0. 2nd place can only be lost theoretically (9 points clear and +35 goal difference in my favour. For the championchip I still need 5 points. or a win in the mathc against the number 2

Kemal
10-06-2007, 23:20
Well, krys is not alone this matchday, I lost 0-2 at home in a game I dominated on all stats. This means I can no longer prevent a playoff, despite playing the nr4 next week. That will now be a Pic and prolly a heavy loss.

BCLG100
10-06-2007, 23:56
Well i won 4-1, keeps my tital chances barely alive, im 10 goals differance behind but then i could quite easily come third-either way a good season :)

Aggie
11-06-2007, 07:16
I won 8-0 vs the BOT in the league. And my top scorer got a hattrick. He's now leading the list for the first time with 13 vs 11.

EDIT: Hang in there krys, you are still a big contender for the title!

Kingreno
11-06-2007, 09:03
Even though I drew 0-0 I feel I was screwed by the ME as well, though not by such margins as Kemal and Krys. I played a perfect CA. Dominating Central defence and having two strong attacks (central and right). I have no chance at the title now as the nr 1 won and I am now 5 points behind.

sz_matyas
11-06-2007, 17:18
Won 7-0 and now have 4 of 5 on the top scorers list. unfortunately my best guy is out for the season, but one of the other 3 might sneak out the championship. Right now it is primarily me doing a victory lap and positioning for next season as I am 4 points clear and have a bot and a new team for two of my remaining games.

socralynnek
11-06-2007, 17:29
WOn 6-0 vs the team which I thought to be the hardest competitor for title. It's securing me the 2nd place, i have 6 points more than him. But still 4 behind the leader.

barbu1977
11-06-2007, 17:40
Won 7-0 and PICed.

Next week is the real test, away, against #2. A mots may be in order. I also changed my coach for the occasion.

Robboo
11-06-2007, 21:57
won...still in second. Still looking like last game of the year will decide it. Goal differential is tightening up and number 1 still has to face the best defensive teams in the league. So with some luck I may be able overtake first before that time.

Kemal
11-06-2007, 22:18
Looks like a lot of CDZ teams still in the running for a championship, good luck guys!

Btw, something memorable did happen in my game this sunday: my individual player star record which had been standing for 779(!) days was broken by 2 players at the same time this sunday. [crazyeye]

Shabbaman
11-06-2007, 22:23
Ha, I just saw that I won 5-1! Hurray for me (and for my winger getting back in shape!)!