PDA

View Full Version : National Cup Season 32 Round 11

English_brit
06-06-2007, 12:00
Weather conditions were fairly good for football, and Toffee's Utd Arena saw a crowd turnout of 100000. TBBFC had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Albert - Leth, Pearson, Kotler - Vink, Arvanitis, Spriet, Delgado, Steinmeyer - Metman, #344;íha.

Late tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. Lineup: Angelov - Gillell, Switala, Duran - MacInerney, Dunne, Corcoran, Gallone, Pupper - Frame, Cullis.

Late immediately set off using their skill at pressing their opponents. Late's Deon Frame managed to lose the defenders as he came down the right side and scored, putting the visitors ahead, 0 - 1. TBBFC's Frans Metman was shown a yellow card after 6 minutes for slicing down an opponent. Late's Joe Corcoran went down after a savage challenge, but could continue playing after some medical attention. After 17 minutes a combination in the middle resulted in a through ball for Deon Frame who increased Late's lead to 0 - 2. Nick Pupper increased the visitors' lead by putting a volley shot away on a pass from the right. 0 - 3. At this point in the game, defending their lead became the main priority for Late. Late's Jon Gallone was shown a yellow card after 25 minutes for slicing down an opponent. TBBFC's Chip Spriet got the home crowd going when he finished off a left wing charge, reducing the away team's lead to 1 - 3. 1 - 3 was the score after the first half. TBBFC dictated play, as they maintained 54 percent of possession.

68 minutes into the match, the speedy Deon Frame easily outpaced Marcus Pearson to knock in the 1-4 goal. At that, Deon Frame was noted down for a hat trick. Deon Frame was, after 82 minutes, almost able to extend the visitors' lead with a well placed diving header, but home side's keeper Denis Albert made the save. Always a threat, Nick Pupper tore past his marker and placed the ball right at the feet of the waiting Blake Cullis who should have easily scored for Late, but the ball went wide. TBBFC's Marc Steinmeyer showed his experience in the 86th minute, as expertly set himself up to take advantage of a rebound off the crossbar, but his shot was tipped harmlessly out of the way. TBBFC's Štěpán #344;íha found himself alone on the left side in the 87th minute and laid down a perfect shot - right into the arms of the keeper! It took several tries, but TBBFC managed to break through on the left during the 89th minute, getting the ball to Marc Steinmeyer who easily reduced the lead to make the score 2 - 4. TBBFC dictated play, as they maintained 56 percent of possession.

Štěpán #344;íha performed admirably for TBBFC. However, Marcus Pearson made a disastrous appearance. Most important Late player was Nedelcho Angelov. Bo Gillell turned in a dismal performance, however. The match ends 2 - 4.

Lost the game in the end. Nevermind, I've been fortunate to get this far so I'm happy. I'm selling a few of the players I bought in due to wage considerations and considering expanding my stadium for next season. I'll take it up to 130k if I can afford to and then try for another good Cup run next season.

Kemal
06-06-2007, 14:14
Too bad, but as you say a great run nonetheless, well played! :)

sz_matyas
06-06-2007, 23:48
Looking at the stats I thought you should have won, still amazing job. Hopefully next season we can see a cup champion.

BCLG100
07-06-2007, 00:22
Tough luck EB!

English_brit
07-06-2007, 04:33
Thanks, yeah. I was suprised when I saw the stats to that i hadn't done better. I think losing my league game prior to it took my teams confidence down to strong. That might have played a bigger part than I anticipated.

Thanks.

Aggie
07-06-2007, 07:38
And now, are you going for the league win?

Congrats on a great cup run by the way!

English_brit
10-07-2007, 14:00
Sorry, only just came across this. Nah I threw my league on purpose. I've just expanded my arena to 120k and finances permitting want to make an even stronger challenge for the Cup this season.