PDA

View Full Version : National Cup Season 32 Round 10

English_brit
29-05-2007, 22:53
100000 spectators arrived at Toffee's Utd Arena, where weather conditions were pretty good for football. TBBFC had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. They fielded: Albert - Kotler, Pearson, Leth - Steinmeyer, Vink, Arvanitis, Spriet, Wennstedt - Metman, #344;íha.

Tarsier tactics involved an interesting 4-4-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Brooks - Sutton, Haig, Annand, Dwyer - Pike, Clegg, Lehane, Cheesman - Isgĺrd, Godfrey-Brown.

Tarsier used their ability to concentrate their attacks in the middle of the pitch, rather than on the wings. Štěpán #344;íha gave his TBBFC the lead with 1 - 0, as he successfully challenged the guests' central defenders, then placed the ball unreachably at the keeper's right post. Chip Spriet increased TBBFC's lead to 2 - 0, putting a header away on a hooked ball from the right. The visitors replied in the game's 14th minute, scoring the 2 - 1 goal, as Brian Cheesman dashed up the middle, easily lobbing the ball over the home team's keeper. It was 2 - 1 at the break. The forty-five minutes were dominated by TBBFC, with an impressive 53 percent possession of the ball.

After 68 minutes, Frans Metman put TBBFC ahead 3 - 1 when he rose to head in a hooked ball, the result of an effort from the right side. By now, TBBFC were drawing the troops back in order to defend their lead. Some mind-boggling play by Garry Pike almost resulted in a goal for TBBFC, but Johannes Wennstedt's shot went off the post. This half belonged to TBBFC, who controlled the ball 53 percent of the time.

Most important TBBFC player was Štěpán #344;íha. Marcus Pearson on the other hand, had a terrible day. Brian Annand performed admirably for Tarsier. Christopher Dwyer turned in a dismal performance, however. The match ends 3 - 1.

I thought I'd probably lose this one. He had a player coming back from injury with 130+ or 140+ tsi in midfield but managed to win it.

I'm in the last 16 now. [eek]

No idea who I've got to play in it yet ....

BCLG100
30-05-2007, 00:16
wow, awesome! congrats EB!

arne1
30-05-2007, 01:33
quote:Originally posted by BCLG100

wow, awesome! congrats EB!

I wish to second this brilliant thought

Tubby Rower
30-05-2007, 02:13
holy freaking Whomp. Excellent job!!

pc++;

English_brit
30-05-2007, 04:33
Thanks guys. I've got the current English champions Late Kick Off next. lmao

I think I might be kissing my cup dreams goodbye.

Should be fun though.

Kingreno
30-05-2007, 07:03
Pff, this far you may as well win it :)

sz_matyas
30-05-2007, 08:11
Absolutely amazing. Next thing you know we'll have a cup champion from CDZ. If not console yourself on an awesome job while wallowing in the gobs of money and pride this brought in.

Aggie
30-05-2007, 08:13
Absolutely superb! I wish you great fun next game vs the champions!

English_brit
30-05-2007, 11:40
Thanks. I'm considering making a new purchase for the next game if I can find the right player at the right price.

It's tricky deciding wether to risk it or not. I've got over 2 million in the bank. Would you try winning it or not?

I can afford the wages of a highly skilled player just I'll lose money on the transfer if I have to sell them at the end of the season.

Hmmmmmmm.

Kingreno
30-05-2007, 12:01
You may never get a chence like this again. go for it.

Kemal
30-05-2007, 12:50
I'd take a look at what teams are left in the cup, and then decide.

If there are some over-divine cup hunters in there a few more puchases probably won't help either way. If not, I guess you could try and go all the way if you're okay with the financial consequences.

Good luck next round!

English_brit
30-05-2007, 13:14
Ok, I think you're right. I'm gonna try winning it.

I've already bought one magical inner in. I just need a new winger now. I've got my eye on a player for this afternoon.

Fingers crossed. I think if I can get him I can give Late Kick Off a game.

barbu1977
30-05-2007, 13:32
WOW, impressive. Congratulations!

akots
30-05-2007, 15:53
That is awesome! [beer1]

Darth Pugwash
31-05-2007, 18:51
Wow, thats awesome EB!! :D

Good luck

English_brit
01-06-2007, 22:11
Thanks.

I've put in a bid for another player. I think I'll only stand a chance if I can attack him on all 3 fronts of attack as my guess is that's how he'll play against me, but I think his defence will be susceptable.

I'm not convinced I'll go through but I'm gonna try getting this player, unless the price is too high, and try and give him a game.

Dell19
02-06-2007, 14:36
Really good achievement. Good luck getting to the next round.

English_brit
04-06-2007, 19:17
I didn't manage to get that winger in the end. I could try buying another one but I think it's risky as it'd cost me around 600k.

I think I'll maybe just stick with what I have and hope I can fluke a result somehow.

Kemal
04-06-2007, 19:51
I think that is the right decision made by a responsible manager, tbh.

Still, good luck in getting through, would be neat if you could pull it off. :)

socralynnek
06-06-2007, 00:32
Sad that you lost, EB. Especially, because your team was clearly stronger...

Still congratulations on your very very good cup run!