PDA

View Full Version : ***SPOILER*** CB vs Skyfish

Cartouche Bee
03-06-2003, 16:06
Since I have not played Skyfish before I decide to use a standard opening.
I chose the stock "Korean Death Star Gambit" since our words are backed with Nuclear weapons. [lol]

Date 1830BC

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Cartouche Bee/20036316642_cb_v_sky_1830BC.JPG
55.11*KB

anarres
03-06-2003, 17:30
Hey, I've never seen an opening like that before...

Do you then place another city midway between each 'point' of the star (4 total)?

Cartouche Bee
03-06-2003, 18:04
There will be 8 cities in the first ring, but the next 4 cities maybe more than 3 tiles away from the capitol, since they are not located on a diagonal. Plus you have to adapt to terrain and the locations of the neighbors. :)

Cartouche Bee
09-06-2003, 17:21
900BC

I've engaged my first war (around 1200BC?). Carthage declared on Scandinavia so I piggy backed with an alliance for 2 techs. This got me into the position to start upgrading warriors to swords so I have a nice little stack that creamed 1 Scandinavian city. I should be able to get concessions (more techs) for ending the war once the alliance ends. I also got literature first so I snagged a couple more techs and the world map. My power chart is just starting to look a little more respectable.

There is still lots of unclaimed land (I'm last in land mass, but I suspect most in cities) and I don't have horses, none even near me. The closest horses are in the Scandinavian city next to their capitol, yeah right!

anarres
09-06-2003, 17:41
Ahh, but where are the pics! ;)

Cartouche Bee
10-06-2003, 04:26
975BC minimap still early in the game for much else.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Cartouche Bee/200361042652_cbvsky_975BC.jpg
5.41KB

digger760
11-06-2003, 16:55
i'd like to see a pic of how your deathstar is progressing

Cartouche Bee
18-06-2003, 17:00
Well there is nothing to report, the game is dragging now, might finish by 2010AD, realtime, if I have a computer that can play Civ3 then.

Cartouche Bee
19-06-2003, 17:32
After a week of badgering me to make trades, holding up the game, cause he met me and has the full world map, he finally sends me the game back, well actually the game I sent him so he still didn't send the game back and declares he ended up not meeting me.[saiyan]

Sorry but I don't waste time on dicks!

Cartouche Bee
20-06-2003, 00:48
Well we may have come to an agreement, we will see if the wording can be made that is agreeable to both of us.

As soon as we do actually meet, I'll declare war and we stay at war for the entire game. There will be no negotiations else he forfeits the game.

This ends these week long bull shit sessions.

Cartouche Bee
20-06-2003, 01:22
Now just so you don't get caught up in Skyfish double speak, here a few tips and clauses to watch for. [lol]

1. I MET YOU!!!! Means, I have your email address.

2. I have the full World Map. Means, that he can pick it from a list on the diplomacy screen, maybe.

3. The AI charges too damn much for the World Map. Means, I don't really have the full map, do I.

4. Sorry, I sent you the wrong game. Means, I need more time.

5. I sent the game! Means, I need more time.

6. When are you going to send game back to me? Means, I need more time.

7. Did you send the game to my other email address? Means, I need more time.

8. Shit I sent you the wrong save, didn't I ? Means, I need more time.

9. My hard drive crashed! Means, I need more time.

10. Actually I realized I did not have contact with you yet. Means, you caught him in the act.

ERIKK
20-06-2003, 06:05
[hmm] ...from Sky's spoiler thread I get that he is taking the
game very serious. You must understand he is very bussy right
now and does not get to much sleep. But I must agree that this
sum up sounds a bit fishy...

Ribannah
20-06-2003, 08:33
It sounds like someone I know. Get him, CB! [lol]

---
Edit: ErikK, you have mail.

ERIKK
20-06-2003, 08:43
What do you mean Ribannah? [confused]

----
EDIT
Mailed you via your website!
(Duel Zone mail does not work IMHO)

Cartouche Bee
20-06-2003, 15:53
Looks like this game isn't going to go forward.

The agreement can't be made due to a Skyfish request for a 'phony war' clause. Of course, 'phony war' can't be defined in any meaningful way. This is some more of the "I need more time", BS.

The "We are always at war with no negotiations." agreement does not allow enough wiggle room for him.

Cartouche Bee
20-06-2003, 15:59
quote:Originally posted by ERIKK

[hmm] ...from Sky's spoiler thread I get that he is taking the
game very serious. You must understand he is very bussy right
now and does not get to much sleep. But I must agree that this
sum up sounds a bit fishy...

ERIKK, if this had been only going on since the baby, that would be fine and a valid explanation but this is not the case.

Melifluous
21-06-2003, 22:52
So whats your beef CB?

Someone get you to spill your plans in a game?

Sounds like someone's losing [:p]

And in case you dont know, the bit before the baby is born is possibly even more time consuming and/or stressful than after the birth itself...

I agree though, it is damned rude to not play games just because your wife/gf is about to have a baby!

Hang 'im...

Melifluous

PS. All joking aside, stop being a dick CB, if you have a beef against Skyfish dont post it in a Spoiler that he will NOT read.
Do it out in the open like a real man.

Cartouche Bee
22-06-2003, 00:44
hehe, yep nice surface view. [lol]

I'll delete the thread shortly.

Cartouche Bee
02-08-2003, 20:06
OK, the game is back on and the Chinese and Koreans are now mortal enemies, hopefully in game only. [coool]