PDA

View Full Version : National Cup Season 32 Round 8

English_brit
16-05-2007, 01:24
The 100000 spectators at Toffee's Utd Arena were in for an afternoon of sunshine. TBBFC started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. Lineup: Albert - Leth, Pearson, Kotler - Steinmeyer, Wennstedt, Basu, Spriet, Ndiaye - Metman, Le Masson.

Meat started off with a 3-4-3 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Evers - Low, Porter, Ranby - Dumiński, Gowan, Ragngren, Lopez Alfonso - Hollander, Freud, Luck.

Ian Ndiaye gave his TBBFC the lead with 1 - 0, as he successfully challenged the guests' central defenders, then placed the ball unreachably at the keeper's right post. In the game's 14th minute, Meat's Douglas Luck fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Douglas Luck for diving. Ian Ndiaye gave TBBFC supporters even more to cheer about when he increased the lead to 2 - 0 after 24 minutes, following a good exchange of passes on the right that the away team failed to deal with. Cheers filled the stadium as Frans Metman broke through the visitors' central defence to put away the 3 - 0 goal for TBBFC. By now, TBBFC were drawing the troops back in order to defend their lead. TBBFC's Frans Metman got himself booked for a foul. TBBFC managed to extend their lead to 4 - 0 when Ian Ndiaye cut in neatly from the left side and struck a fine shot past the away team's goalkeeper. By then Ian Ndiaye was a three time scorer - a hat trick! Frans Metman could have put TBBFC up one more, but he fired into the side netting after breaking free on the left in the 35th minute. The teams went for the halftime break at 4 - 0. The forty-five minutes were dominated by TBBFC, with an impressive 65 percent possession of the ball.

Mahendravarman Basu should probably have put his team up another goal in the 57th minute, but some great goaltending by Stephan Evers kept the visitors in the game. Alain Le Masson's technique was perfect on this sunny day and led to some amazing plays that fooled the defence. In the 76th minute Douglas Luck, after an opportunistic attack from the right, scored the reducer for Meat making it 4 - 1. TBBFC's Frans Metman knew what he was doing as he waited patiently for the right opportunity. He would get no better chance than the one he took, but his shot was deftly blocked by the keeper. TBBFC put themselves up 5 - 1 when Frans Metman broke through on the right, leaving the entire defensive box behind him. Chip Spriet increased TBBFC's lead to 6 - 1, putting a header away on a hooked ball from the right. This half belonged to TBBFC, who controlled the ball 64 percent of the time.

The most dominating TBBFC player was without a doubt Marc Steinmeyer. However, Ian Ndiaye made a disastrous appearance. Meat's top performer was clearly Stephan Evers. Luke Gowan on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 6 - 1.

I had two of my 3 starting mids out for this game injured. I thought i had no chance but luckily two of his mids were suspended and I managed to sneak a win. lol

Sell out crowd again and up against my third Div II team next week. I'll probably go out as I will still have some injuries.

I'm happy to have got through though. :)

Tubby Rower
16-05-2007, 02:43
congrats [thumbsup]

Aggie
16-05-2007, 07:12
Amazing achievement!

BCLG100
16-05-2007, 14:00
nice one, do you know who your playing yet?

English_brit
16-05-2007, 19:47
Yep. I'm playing C:ream. They're in Div II.2. Fourth best team left in the cup.

BCLG100
16-05-2007, 20:34
how many teams are left in the cup???

English_brit
16-05-2007, 23:05
64 teams left in the cup.

English_brit
16-05-2007, 23:07
I think I'll go out next round but if I get both my inners back fit I might have a chance. They both improved one week with their injuries today. I now have one on 1 week who should be fit for the next cup game and the other on 2 weeks. Not sure if he'll make it in time although I have 10 docs on board.

English_brit
17-05-2007, 12:54
My next opponant is making fun of me in his latest press anouncement. roflmao

C:ream (54386)

Press Announcement
12/03/2007 Viva la Relegation !

At least we're one step closer to the real Premiership, hidden somewhere deep within Div V, where the grass is greener, the crowds are bigger and the cup runs are longer.

I don't think he likes me. lol [eek]

Tubby Rower
17-05-2007, 12:57
so is there no chance you could stuff him with a loss?

English_brit
18-05-2007, 13:03
Well here's his ratings from his last cup match. (away)

Midfield: excellent (very high)
Right Defence: inadequate (low)
Central Defence: formidable (very high)
Left Defence: formidable (very low)
Right Attack: weak (very low)
Central Attack: excellent (very high)
Left Attack: outstanding (low)

And here's the ones from his last league match. (away)

Midfield: outstanding (high)
Right Defence: passable (low)
Central Defence: outstanding (very low)
Left Defence: outstanding (very high)
Right Attack: weak (very low)
Central Attack: excellent (high)
Left Attack: outstanding (high)

Here's my ratings from my last Cup match, with two of my starting inners out injured.

Midfield: formidable (very low)
Right Defence: excellent (low)
Central Defence: solid (low)
Left Defence: excellent (low)
Right Attack: outstanding (very high)
Central Attack: formidable (very high)
Left Attack: weak (very low)

And here from the Cup match before, with no injuries to two of my inners.

Midfield: magnificent (very high)
Right Defence: weak (very low)
Central Defence: excellent (very high)
Left Defence: outstanding (low)
Right Attack: outstanding (low)
Central Attack: outstanding (very low)
Left Attack: weak (low)

I think if one or both of my injured inners get back in time for it I'll have a chance. My guess it only one of them will get back in time for it. And even that's not guarenteed. So, I think I'll end up going out.

English_brit
21-05-2007, 13:41
My next cup game will be a struggle. He's sold a couple of his players (one inner and one winger) to finance the buying of a stronger inner midfielder.

With me having my 1st and 3rd best inner out when I bought them I think he thinks it'll be enough to beat me in the cup.

It probably would have been but I had a little rethink of my strategy and decided to dip in to the transfer market as my 3rd best inner has a plaster now and we be able to play. There's even a small chance my best inner will be able to play in the game, although at best it'll be carrying a light injury.

I went out and bought a Utopian striker with my cup match in mind. I really want to make it tough for Cream, just because of the fun he made out of me in his press release. lmao

Immature and a bit short sited but I'd love it if I could manage to knock him out. His midfield with his new guy playing, in his last game, got these ratings at home.

Midfield: magnificent (very high)
Right Defence: outstanding (low)
Central Defence: outstanding (very high)
Left Defence: inadequate (very high)
Right Attack: weak (low)
Central Attack: excellent (high)
Left Attack: formidable (high)

With him being away I'd expect him to get around brilliant (very high) in midfield.

If I don't get my best inner back fit I'm expecting to get around outstanding (very high) in midfield if I play normal. As he's got a better defence than mine, but I'm at home and have a better attack than his I think he'd have the edge but it'd be close if i play normal.

If I don't get my best inner back in time for the game I think I'm going to MOS the game. I think I can PIC my next two league games and still win although it'll probably mean I end up going out of the cup next round unless I'm seriously lucky.

It's very tricky if I get my best inner back I'll probably play normal but even then I could lose.

I just hope I'm judging this right ....

We'll see. [???]

barbu1977
21-05-2007, 15:53
Good luck!

English_brit
21-05-2007, 19:12
Thanks. :)