PDA

View Full Version : National Cup Season 32 Round 7

English_brit
08-05-2007, 23:09
Dark skies made the crowd of 100000 at Toffee's Utd Arena a little nervous, but the rain held off. TBBFC decided to use a 3-5-2 set up. The following players took the field: Albert - Pearson, Leth, Kotler - Steinmeyer, Vink, Arvanitis, Spriet, Wennstedt - Metman, Le Masson.

Ridsdale's decided to use a 4-4-2 set up. The following players had been chosen: Elsworth - Dijk, Bjørge, Rantalainen, Buist - Bidell, Mellor, Silva, Tzekov - McGee, Hastings.

In the 7th minute cheers broke out as Chip Spriet found his way through the guests' central defence, clipping the 1 - 0 goal in for TBBFC. TBBFC managed to extend their lead to 2 - 0 when Jamie Arvanitis cut in neatly from the left side and struck a fine shot past the away team's goalkeeper. 15 minutes in, Sean Hastings made an incredible run up the middle and nearly reduced the home side's lead, but Denis Albert refused to let the ball slip by him. The home team's fans were upset when, in the 21st minute, the visiting Ian Bidell broke through the central defence and kicked the ball past the keeper. 2 - 1 was the score. Jordie Mellor finished off a quick charge from the left of the field by chipping the ball just past the home side's keeper, making the score 2 - 2 in the 26th minute. Halftime score was 2 - 2. This half belonged to TBBFC, who controlled the ball 55 percent of the time.

TBBFC took the lead in the 57th minute of the game by 3 to 2, as Frans Metman elegantly received a pass going deep, finishing off with a half-volley shot just below the bar. Cheers filled the stadium as Alain Le Masson broke through the visitors' central defence to put away the 4 - 2 goal for TBBFC. A magnificent combination in the middle resulted in TBBFC's Johannes Wennstedt putting the lead up to 5 - 2. This half belonged to TBBFC, who controlled the ball 55 percent of the time.

The most dominating TBBFC player was without a doubt Rafi Kotler. On the other hand, Marcus Pearson's play was disheartening. The most dominating Ridsdale's player was without a doubt Tostão Silva. Antti Rantalainen turned in a dismal performance, however. The match ends 5 - 2.

I just knocked a team that's 3rd in Divison II out of the Cup and got my highest ever attenance of 100k, packing out my stadium. [:p]

Not sure who I'm playing next but it should be interesting.

English_brit
09-05-2007, 00:49
Sigh ..... I've got an even harder team this round. I'm not having much luck on the draws in the Cup. I've got the no 1 team in Div 2 (4). He's got a very strong team although I think I might be able to cause him some problems if I get my tactics right.

I think I'll be going out of the Cup this round though. :(

I'm gonna miss the first round of the CDZ cup. :(

BCLG100
09-05-2007, 01:57
nothing to be ashamed of having to play me first round :)

still though congrats!

English_brit
09-05-2007, 03:43
roflmao. Quality. :)

Kingreno
09-05-2007, 09:23
Nice work man!! Great for both cash and experience.

Tubby Rower
09-05-2007, 12:06
congrats!

English_brit
09-05-2007, 12:24
Thanks. I forgot the cup's seeded all the way through, on the draw. I guess as I must be one of the lowest rank teams, by league position, in it that I'll keep on getting some of the hardest teams in it, until I go out. :(

Tubby Rower
09-05-2007, 13:16
does it get re-seeded after each round or does the bracket get set up from the beginning and not change? For some reason I thought that it was the former, but have no proof

Kingreno
09-05-2007, 15:50
It is based on last seasons ranking only. So last years champion will play the team that ended lowest in overall ranking still in the cup. Nr 2 plays second lowest ect ect.

Tubby Rower
09-05-2007, 15:56
but in round 2, is the bracket reset based on last season's ranking or is the bracket set from the 1st round?

Kemal
09-05-2007, 16:09
The bracket is reset after each round, using last season's ranking.

Tubby Rower
09-05-2007, 16:16
ah so the longer you go, the better your opponent will be... meaning no lucky section of the bracket

Dell19
09-05-2007, 19:26
A scorching day at Dushku Dungeon of Dangerous Danger, where 55000 spectators were in place for today's match. Fans of both teams had been eagerly awaiting this Nottinghamshire derby and were doing their best to outshout their opponents. Wartham tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Yund - Sonderburg, Boyle, Pacey - Nolan, Harris, Howorth, Truitt, Lucas - Sedlmayr, Ryan.

Greatness tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. The following players took the field: Lindhstedt - Fernández, Tache, Busser - Iglésias, Bergland, Styles, Johnston, Noll - Ortegón, Ljungquist.

Dave Ryan's lightning pace was too much for Mircea Tache who could only look on as the Wartham player blasted one home. 1-0. Some brilliant football from the visitors' right wing resulted in a 30th minute levelling of score as Greatness's Brandon Styles put the ball in the net for 1 - 1. The visitors' central defence should have had no trouble clearing the pass to Charlie Nolan, but the Wartham player managed to shrug them off and fired a low shot past the keeper to give his team the lead. 2 - 1! Wartham solidified their lead at the 37 minute mark, as Charles Harris manoeuvered the ball through the opponents central defence and finished for 3 - 1. Confident in their lead, Wartham decided to play a more defensive game at this point. It was 3 - 1 at the break. Wartham held the ball, with a clear 56 percent of possession.

Greatness fought on and, in the 51st minute, Svein Bergland was able to reply with the 3 - 2 goal after some excellent moves on the right side were finished off with an incredibly clever chip. Dawson Johnston didn't pace himself at all, and after a series of daring offensive runs he was too tired to help out in the defensive play. It might be a while before the fans see Greatness's Gabriel Iglésias again, after he had to leave the field in great distress at the 75 minute mark. He was replaced by Elliot Northausen. Elliot Northausen of Greatness received a yellow card in the 77th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. Wartham, bringing their ball possession to 60 percent, dominated the battle.

Wartham's best player was Mark Howorth. Dave Ryan was a disappointment, however. Greatness's top performer was clearly Pablo Fernández. However, Elliot Northausen made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 3 - 2.

Through to round 8 for the second year running.

Kemal
09-05-2007, 19:30
Unfortunately, Snaken won't be joining you guys in round 6... I definitely would have had a good shot at going through, but my best midfielder and my only goalkeeper got injured in the 1st half already, seeing me losing possession with a defender in goal: not a good combination as you all know. :(

The match ended 3-1.

Aggie
10-05-2007, 08:17
What a bad luck Kemal. Luckily both are only injured for 1 week, so this should be OK for the league.

And congrats Dell!

English_brit
10-05-2007, 13:26
Unlucky Kemal. :(

Great going Dell. :)

Kemal's right. It's reseeded after each round. Meaning as I'm a low rank I'll get harder and harder teams until I go out. I've got the 11th seed in the next round. lol