PDA

View Full Version : National Cup Season 32 - Round 5

socralynnek
25-04-2007, 10:27
First time round 5 for me.

I decided to put both Wings towards middle.
Got an outstanding (max) midfield by my 5 midfielders alone.
Sadly, that was only 51% posession.

So, I lost 1-6 vs a team two divisions higher.

At least it was sold out, s.t. I got about 700K euros in the 5 games, which is a nice income for only 3 training spots (total in 5 weeks) that I gave up...
So, I can pla from start in the CDZ Cup...

Kemal
25-04-2007, 19:41
Snaken proceed to round 6 after a 2-5 win, having trailed 2-1 at halftime. Something in particular made this match a historic one for Snaken:

quote:A scorching day at De Wasmachine, where 51708 spectators were in place for today's match. Warlords started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. The following players took the field: Muntean - Bartels, Spil, Pohjamo - Oostwegel, Momm, van Willigen, Karlslund, Vandermeulen - Quigley, Mutanen.

Snaken had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. Starters: Mi³ek - Castro, Fitzpatrick, Suárez - Broertjes, Farenhout, Geiger, Veraar, MacSymon - Billand, Kronskär.

Warlords saw most attack opportunites on the wings. The 9th minute saw the home team take a 1 - 0 lead after breaking through on the left. Scorer for Warlords was Dexter Quigley. The visiting team's Toni Broertjes was able to score the 1 - 1 equaliser in the 19th minute with a header, after some good work on the right. Warlords could have put themselves ahead in the 39th minute but Dexter Quigley missed a volley shot on a ball coming in from the right. Warlords took the lead in the 40th minute of the game by 2 to 1, as Sami Mutanen elegantly received a pass going deep, finishing off with a half-volley shot just below the bar. It was 2 - 1 at the break. Snaken, bringing their ball possession to 61 percent, dominated the battle.

Peter Billand tipped the corner kick right to the keeper, who mishandled it, giving Snaken's Warren Fitzpatrick a chance to knock it in for 2-2. This was a good period for the visitors, with several opportunities to take the lead, particularly when Peter Billand slipped through the defense on the right to come up alone against Irinel Muntean, but the home side's keeper showed his lightning reflexes. Some quick footwork on the left side of the field in the 79th minute left Snaken's Peter Billand completely free to score. 2 - 3 for the visitors. In the 84th minute, the visitors put themselves ahead 2 - 4 as Per Kronskär finished off an attack from the left with a spectacular scissors kick. Agapito Suárez seemed to be impossibly far from the goal as he accurately knocked one in for Snaken. 2 - 5. The sunny day didn't make things easy for Lauri Pohjamo who didn't seem his usual powerful self on the pitch. Snaken came close to extending their lead as Rinus Veraar delivered a long range shot from the right but the angle was too sharp, and the shot hit the side of the goal. Snaken, bringing their ball possession to 61 percent, dominated the battle.

Warlords's best player was Wilmar Spil. Demis Bartels on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating Snaken player was without a doubt Rinus Veraar. Ciro Castro turned in a dismal performance, however. The match ends 2 - 5.

The first ever long shot event by Snaken in the club's history! [yeah] [dance]

Aggie
26-04-2007, 10:40
Congrats with the win Kemal!

English_brit
28-04-2007, 11:22
A scorching day at Toffee's Utd Arena, where 76282 spectators were in place for today's match. TBBFC decided to use a 3-5-2 set up. The following players took the field: Albert - Leth, Pearson, Kotler - Wennstedt, Vink, Arvanitis, Spriet, Steinmeyer - Metman, Le Masson.

Maine started off with a 4-4-2 lineup. Lineup: Jegindø - Blomdahl, Stallings, López, Dewolf - Caterina, García, Mantz, Williams - Raun, Hardy.

Maine clearly had decided to counter-attack when they could. TBBFC took the lead in the 16th minute of the game by 1 to 0, as Alain Le Masson elegantly received a pass going deep, finishing off with a half-volley shot just below the bar. After 22 minutes, Jamie Arvanitis put TBBFC ahead 2 - 0 when he rose to head in a hooked ball, the result of an effort from the right side. Gerald Hardy seemed to be floating in the air as he elegantly headed in the 2-1 goal for Maine after a corner kick that was nicely executed by Guanarteme García. After 34 minutes TBBFC's Denis Albert contracted a slight foot injury, but could finish the game. TBBFC's Alain Le Masson was delighted to score the 3 - 1 goal after he saw his shot go between the legs of the advancing goalkeeper and into the net, following some good attacking movement on the right wing in the 37th minute. Many in the crowd felt the referee was being too lenient when he only showed TBBFC's Chip Spriet a yellow card after a mistimed challenge from behind in the 39th minute. Edje Stallings was the unlucky victim and couldn't continue the game, so Maine's Johan Torsson had to come off the bench. 3 - 1 was the halftime score. TBBFC held the ball, with a clear 69 percent of possession.

A magnificent combination in the middle resulted in TBBFC's Alain Le Masson putting the lead up to 4 - 1. This third goal made a hat trick for Alain Le Masson. At this point in the game, defending their lead became the main priority for TBBFC. With 69 minutes played, Jamie Arvanitis could have brought this one home for TBBFC as he charged up on the left, but his hooked ball went just a bit too high. In the 78th minute, TBBFC's Henri Vink tried to nail the coffin shut, but his shot from the left glanced off the top of the bar to fall behind the net. Good work by Maine's defensive line produced a couple of good counterattack chances, one of which found Gerald Hardy alone in front of the goal, but his shot whistled just wide. The visitors got a chance to pulling one back in the 84th minute, due to a defensive blunder leaving Taavi Raun completely unmarked. His strike was pathetic though, easy prey for the home side's keeper. In the game's 85th minute, Maine's Teo Caterina fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Teo Caterina for diving. The forty-five minutes were dominated by TBBFC, with an impressive 70 percent possession of the ball.

Henri Vink performed admirably for TBBFC. Marcus Pearson on the other hand, had a terrible day. Christoph Mantz performed admirably for Maine. Harry Williams was a disappointment, however. The match ends 4 - 1.

I was really happy after this result. It's the first time I've made it to round 6. I've got a tough game next against a Div III team. Looks like I'll end up going out.

socralynnek
28-04-2007, 12:02
And I was quite happy with my 55000 spectators...

Nice sum, English_brit!

And congratulations on advancing!

English_brit
01-05-2007, 21:42
Yep. 55k is a good turnout. I've probably got a larger fan base as I think I've been playing longer.

Thanks. It's nice to take the team a stage further. :)