PDA

View Full Version : AGGIE and CB DO NOT READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lt. Killer M
02-06-2003, 17:46
OK, poll: he and CB want a map with AIs on islands....... I have a map handy that sports one big and several smaller islands..... I am tempted to set the trwo on that same island, with a nice distance and an AI between them, and setting mountain ranges across it that are easy to defend. As they will be Persians (who can clobber invaders in the flats) and Cartaghe (who can ssit on mountains and not be displaced) this game should drag into Middle Ages...

DrAlimentado
02-06-2003, 17:47
they will be dissapointed imo... and i think persians vs carthage even on mountains will favour persians.

jack merchant
02-06-2003, 17:48
Sounds nice, but I think the reason they (or Aggie at least)wanted islands was that contact was delayed for a while and peaceful buildup possible.... just my E0.02 though.....

Lt. Killer M
02-06-2003, 17:48
Dr A: I do NOT think that will favor Persia, fortified Num Mercs in your own lands (i.e. can heal) are even...... build a fortification....

also, I hate these predictable games where noody will invade until modern times....

DrAlimentado
02-06-2003, 17:49
sure... but the real issue is what do THEY want! just my 2 english pennies ;)

Lt. Killer M
02-06-2003, 17:50
jack, I think they wanted stronger AIs.... if we can get them both to sit tight while possibly 4 Ais talk and deal and wheel.... they will meet strong AIs later on....

i.e. the 4 Ais get ahead while the 2 humans (+ 2 dead AIs) fall behind

Lt. Killer M
02-06-2003, 17:51
I could set them with an isthmus that is hard to take... basically, set Greece capital on the isthmus.....

that helps the AIs.

DrAlimentado
02-06-2003, 17:55
ai's on isolated islands won't prosper as well either... they need other ai contacts and water and resources and luxes. It can be done but you need to make sure the ai islands are well enough provisioned for them not to stagnate.

Lt. Killer M
02-06-2003, 17:56
that's what I mena,t let the AIs deal and wheel and keep the humans isolated....

anarres
02-06-2003, 17:58
To get a strong AI why not put 3 AI's on the big island, and jack and CB on smaller islands, far away (no contact w/o suicide galleys/GLighthouse/Navigation)??

That would certainly give you stong AI (from early trades and decent land) and weaker humans.

And why is the thread title only telling Aggie not to look and not CB too? [crazyeye]

Lt. Killer M
02-06-2003, 18:00
anarres: that is what they will get now.... but I wanted to have a map that has them going WTF? all the time..... and, also, something that avoids the late-game buildup as deciding factor....

Lt. Killer M
02-06-2003, 18:02
corrected title, too, didn't think of CB as he wasn't online...