PDA

View Full Version : Latest stupidity at that other site

Lt. Killer M
13-04-2007, 23:32
I really can't believe it: a normally sane mod gives me a point for writing 'reported' as a reply to a flame!

Have they finally lost their last two brain cells?

socralynnek
13-04-2007, 23:36
There is only one option: Post here instead of there ;)

Maybe he thought you'd had written "deported" ....

Lt. Killer M
14-04-2007, 00:07
Nah - the fact is that the CFC rules only apply to those who are not American, not Christian, and not conservative. All others have all the freedom they wish for.

Pity - but then, the US IS driving fast towards the abyss - 20 years from now they only Noble prize they will land is the IGnoble prizes for religious fanaticism.

Mistfit
14-04-2007, 00:09
nice.. did I step into the smack down the US forum... oh yeah thats right that is every Thread started by killer...

socralynnek
14-04-2007, 00:30
I have never really read the Off Topic forum there, the short time I read there, I have seen so many stupid posts, that if I had answered, I would have surely got more than 1 point...
That is not worth it...

Darkness
14-04-2007, 00:35
quote:Originally posted by Lt. Killer M

Nah - the fact is that the CFC rules only apply to those who are not American, not Christian, and not conservative. All others have all the freedom they wish for.

IMHO it is not that bad...
I am an fairly progressive, European atheist and I (almost) never get into trouble at CFC. Then again, I avoid CFC's OT like the plague, so I may be seeing different things than you do.

I agree with Ynnek though. If I spoke my mind in OT I'd be scoring points by the dozen probably...

The way I see it: Enter CFC's OT at your own peril.... [help]

grahamiam
14-04-2007, 02:50
linky? Anyways, CFC OT is really pointless. Never understood the draw.

Matrix
14-04-2007, 03:24
Posting "Reported" actually is a form of trolling, but I don't think I would've given you a 'point' for it.

But it is the responsibility of the mods to decide whether the post you reported is breaking the forum rules, not yours. Report whatever you feel is breaking the rules, but then stick to that. I know it might look like splitting hairs, but I can understand the mod's decision, whoever it was.

Matrix
14-04-2007, 03:34

Sometimes I get the tendency to (ask to) become OT-mod, just to prove how wrong you are here. This is quite an insult to the moderators active there. And they already never receive credit for giving up spare time to moderate; they only do things wrong, very similar to referees.

Matrix
14-04-2007, 03:37

Sometimes I get the tendency to (ask to) become OT-mod, just to prove how wrong you are here. This is quite an insult to the moderators active there. And they already never receive credit for the work they do and the time that it costs them; they only do things wrong, very similar to referees.

Beorn
14-04-2007, 05:09
Refs are always wrong ! The nordiques had the cup, Alain Gagné's goal was good !!!!!

romeothemonk
14-04-2007, 13:49
I am starting to subscribe to a more "classical" philosophical view, ala Epictueus (SP? it's early in the AM here). I am really a fan of his styling, especially in the approach to open debate.
The first question I believe he would ask, is what is the point of the discussion? Are either side open to any information or ideas from the other party? If not, why are you spending your time and effort there?
Second, why are either party attempting to inflame the passions or responses of another party? Exciting desire and passion greatly retard the transfer of ideas.
Third, if either side believes in their core that they know the answer, Heaven and Earth cannot sway them, and they are much larger than you or I.

Finally, if something is known to be a bad quantity, here the OT thread at CFC, occasioned on many times to be full of idiots, why do you go there? A bright ember and a dead ember placed together may result in the ignition of the dead ember, but it probably won't, and even if it does, it loses some of its power. (I think I massacred the analogy he uses) A more modern translation, you can only be around idiots so long before everyone associates you with idiots and treats you as such as well.

Shabbaman
14-04-2007, 19:09
Romeothemonk has recently made a number of people very, very angry, including me. However, as anger serves no function in a successful rebuttal, I will simply state objectively that I find Romeothemonk's expositions to be a perversion of the truth. Although not without overlap and simplification, I plan to identify three primary positions on Romeothemonk's maneuvers. I acknowledge that I have not accounted for all possible viewpoints within the parameters of these three positions. Nevertheless, I recently received some mail in which the writer stated, "Romeothemonk simply regurgitates the empty arguments that have been fed to him over the years." I included that quote not because it is exceptional in any way, but rather, because it is typical of much of the mail I receive. I included it to show you that I'm not the only one who thinks that Romeothemonk coins polysyllabic neologisms to make his vituperations sound like they're actually important. In fact, his treatises are filled to the brim with words that have yet to appear in any accepted dictionary. It is deeply unfortunate that without checks and balances, litigious devil-worshippers are free to invade every private corner and force every thought into an effete mold, since his jokes have kept us separated for too long from the love, contributions, and challenges of our brothers and sisters in this wonderful adventure we share together -- life! Romeothemonk is an interesting character. On the one hand, he likes to sow the seeds of discord. But on the other hand, the public is like a giant that he has blindfolded, drugged, and gagged. This giant has plugs in his ears and Romeothemonk leads him around by the nose. Clearly, such a giant needs to free people from the fetters of despotism's poisonous embrace. That's why I feel obligated to notify the giant (i.e., the public) that people often get the impression that licentious palookas and Romeothemonk's hatchet men are separate entities. Not so. When one catches cold, the other sneezes. As proof, note that Romeothemonk not only lies, but he brags about his lying to his cat's-paws. Finally, this has been a good deal of reading, and obviously difficult reading at that. Still, I hope you walk away from it with the new knowledge that jaundiced election-year also-rans are indubitably the lowest form of human life.

Sorry, couldn't help it :D CFC's OT is for people that have too much time on their hands.

socralynnek
14-04-2007, 20:17
damn, it took almost half of the post til I knew that you used that text generator shabba,...no wonder you are leading in post count...

Shabbaman
14-04-2007, 20:27
Think about Anarres'production then, he needed a year less to come up with the same amount of crap...

Lt. Killer M
14-04-2007, 23:23
quote:Originally posted by Matrix

Posting "Reported" actually is a form of trolling, but I don't think I would've given you a 'point' for it.

But it is the responsibility of the mods to decide whether the post you reported is breaking the forum rules, not yours. Report whatever you feel is breaking the rules, but then stick to that. I know it might look like splitting hairs, but I can understand the mod's decision, whoever it was.

Erhm, I agree it is up to the mods to decide if it is a break of the rule, but I didn't say 'warned' or 'banned'. All I did was say 'reported', which shows that I, personally, think the post bead enough to report it. How is that trolling?

Also, nobody else ever was warned for it, so either they made new rules without telling anyone (remember the big outcry about the last time they did?) or they just invent a special rule for me, which would not be the first time they did this.

So please, Matrix, spare me the excuses. I can respect mods, but not if they are biased. mathilda, for one, never fails to satisfy me, while DoM never fails to disappoint me.

Pastorius
15-04-2007, 13:28
... mathilda, for one, never fails to satisfy me...

[groucho]

Beorn
15-04-2007, 16:39
[lol]

Lt. Killer M
16-04-2007, 11:53
no, not in that way, I am not a girl in disguise.

Beorn
16-04-2007, 14:39
mathilda is a girl, was the joke [:p]

BCLG100
16-04-2007, 15:13
quote:Originally posted by Beorn

[lol]@killer two times ;)

Melifluous
16-04-2007, 15:34
Killer Disgarees With CFC Mod Shocker!

Sorry what was the big fuss again?

Oh and

[spam]

[melihere]

Lt. Killer M
16-04-2007, 22:42
quote:Originally posted by Beorn

and she likes girls.....

Matrix
16-04-2007, 23:35
How do you know?! http://www.straland.com/images/smilies/conspire.gif

Lt. Killer M
16-04-2007, 23:57
quote:Originally posted by Matrix

How do you know?! http://www.straland.com/images/smilies/conspire.gif

reading her old threads, back when they were new.... (or I mixed her up, but I doubt it).

it should read 'she likes girls TOO' though.

BCLG100
17-04-2007, 03:34
aye she's bi- she does admit it often enough but now doesnt publiscise it as much since seeing AVN.

anyways she's not here to talk about herself so i feel we shouldnt either :)

mauer
18-04-2007, 22:52
BAM! The young bear just told you guys to quit yer gossip'n

Sir Eric
13-10-2007, 18:30
quote:Originally posted by Shabbaman

I included it to show you that I'm not the only one who thinks that Romeothemonk coins polysyllabic neologisms to make his vituperations sound like they're actually important.

Can anyone translate this into Aussie? [paperwork

Whomp
13-10-2007, 18:47
Well Mate, I think he's trying to say Romeo goes off like a frog in a sock with his big words. Hoo roo.