PDA

View Full Version : National Cup Season 32 - Round 3

socralynnek
10-04-2007, 23:51
Probably the most exciting game I ever had:

------------
Due to an all-day shower, 29614 paying spectators got to see a match on a pitch-turned-bog at Holosuite 5. A 3-5-2 alignment was the formation of choice for DSE. They fielded: Aimojärvi - Donovan, Goldschmidt, Chobot - Heiter, Augustinussen, Gawlik, Skórzy#324;ski, Gruetzmacher - Jarvis, Lootens.

Kiez decided to use a 3-5-2 set up. Lineup: Ihls - Minn, Likouriotis, Mustonen - Pauls, Braumann, Eckmayr, Tudoran, Reffke - Kudlimay, Kaniuth.

Today, Kiez's strategy involved concentrating on the flanks for their attacks. The crowd groaned its disapproval when Roeland Lootens missed a free kick that would have given DSE the lead. After 15 minutes, Kiez put themselves up by 0 - 1, as Luitbald Braumann finished off a strike from the left with a real cannon placed at the far post. Bernhold Reffke had a difficult time on the field; the muddy surface was clearly affecting his technique. In the 38th minute, Finn-Alexander Kaniuth came through the middle and almost added to his team's lead, but the shot went wide. DSE's Tórđ Augustinussen was shown a yellow card after 39 minutes for slicing down an opponent. The home crowd cheered when, in the 39th minute, Lars Kudlimay's charge up the middle resulted in the keeper making one of his best saves of the day. DSE's Kevin Goldschmidt placed the ball right at his teammate's feet after a corner, but Otto Donovan couldn't finish. Alekos Likouriotis increased the visitors' lead by putting a volley shot away on a pass from the right. 0 - 2. Quentin Pauls of Kiez received a yellow card in the 42nd minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. It was 0 - 2 at the break. DSE, bringing their ball possession to 54 percent, dominated the battle.

Józef Gawlik behaved like an inexperienced youth player in the 49th minute as he gave the ball away to an opponent. Lucky for him though, there was no goal. In the 62nd minute, the visitors put themselves ahead 0 - 3 as Finn-Alexander Kaniuth finished off an attack from the left with a spectacular scissors kick. Józef Gawlik had a grin on his face as he raced down the field, almost oblivious to the rain. DSE's Jannick Gruetzmacher cut towards the middle in the 64th minute, recieving a brilliant pass and slicing through the visiting team's central defence, putting the 1 - 3 goal away. DSE's Jupp Heiter got the home crowd going when he finished off a left wing charge, reducing the away team's lead to 2 - 3. With a shot floated in from just outside the penalty area in the 71st minute, Rocco Jarvis of DSE evened the score to 3 - 3. This half belonged to DSE, who controlled the ball 57 percent of the time.

As neither team had managed to win, extra time was called. DSE's Tórđ Augustinussen tried to break through in the middle repeatedly, but couldn't get past the visitors' defenders. Several players were looking tired, especially Aki Mustonen who quite horribly caused the 4 - 3 goal as he lost the ball to a still energetic Jupp Heiter of DSE. Extra time over, DSE were the victors! DSE's top performer was clearly Józef Gawlik. Rocco Jarvis on the other hand, had a terrible day. Most important Kiez player was Roland Eckmayr. Quentin Pauls was a disappointment, however. The match ends 4 - 3.
------------

0-3 behind...
Winning 4-3 in overtime...
Very exciting.
First time round 4 for me!

Mistfit
11-04-2007, 00:17
Congrats mate! nice come back from behind win.. and thanks for the reminder to set my penalty kickers.. not that I will need them.. I will be trounced..

Dell19
11-04-2007, 10:55
I won 6-0. Next week should be comfortable as well.

Mistfit
11-04-2007, 13:41
I really do not know what to expect from my opponent..

this was his last league match:
quote:Jokers Wild
Player rating and team formation
Team Attitude: (Hidden)
Tactic: Normal
Tactic skill: (no tactic)

Midfield: solid (very low)
Right Defence: solid (high)
Central Defence: excellent (very low)
Left Defence: excellent (low)
Right Attack: inadequate (low)
Central Attack: weak (very low)
Left Attack: inadequate (very high)
HatStats 212
Defence 86
Midfield 75
Attack 51

but this was his last Cup match:
quote:Jokers Wild
Tactic: Attack in the Middle
Tactic skill: passable

Midfield: weak (very low)
Right Defence: inadequate (low)
Central Defence: formidable (low)
Left Defence: passable (high)
Right Attack: wretched (very low)
Central Attack: wretched (very high)
Left Attack: disastrous (very high)
HatStats 131
Defence 75
Midfield 39
Attack 17

I guess it will depend on how badly he wants to stay in the cup and how dangerous he thinks I am..

Kingreno
11-04-2007, 13:58
He played his best innermids last weekend in the league so I guess he will either lay 4-5-1 or 3-5-2. Patern would indictae 95% chance of 4-5-1. If he then combines that with AIM you have very little to fear IMO> Play with offensive wingbacks/offensive wingers or vene both forwards TW.

Mistfit
11-04-2007, 17:09
I was going to do both FTW and wingers offensive.. My wingbacks are not that great playing offensive

arne1
11-04-2007, 18:58
i just got killed 0-5 and deserved looking at the ratings (or may be it should have been worse) Concentrate at winning the league now.

Kingreno
11-04-2007, 20:14
4th round for me!:D

I beat my opponent on most fronts winning 4-1 in the end. Next round looks very difficult considdering the tough leaguematch I have this sunday. I may focus on the cup again.

Kemal
11-04-2007, 20:28
Won an easy 1-7 Pic, next round looks doable too.

socralynnek
12-04-2007, 03:41
Congratulations Mistfit!

Oh and Tubby: You should try to have a better defense if you wanna win with CA ;)

akots
12-04-2007, 04:58
Won 3-1 and got nice extra 200K in ticket sales. Next round also looks rather promising since my chances at home are not that bad against a division IV defender trainer who can make only up to inadequate midfield on away matches.

barbu1977
12-04-2007, 13:29
Won 5-1 playing normal with my A team

I'll probably loose next round since I need my A team on the field on sunday for league play.

Tubby Rower
12-04-2007, 13:39
meh...I meant to change it to pressing but the kids demanded attention. no big deal. If I would have survived another round then the loss would have been greater

Mistfit
12-04-2007, 14:01
Thanks yennek! This is my first trip to round four. I play a division III guy and will likely be killed but like akots said.. it is nice to have the ticket receipts..

akots
12-04-2007, 18:29
quote:Originally posted by Mistfit
I play a division III guy and will likely be killed ...

You never know, it is worth a shot.

Mistfit
12-04-2007, 22:40
it is not as if I will not give it my best shot :D

and any helpful hints you guys wanna give are always appreciated and taken to heart

English_brit
13-04-2007, 18:13
I got well lucky and scraped through my 3rd round game. The team I played wasn't too good but I fielded a weakened team and had an inner midfielder sent off after 17 minutes, luckily I managed to hold out to win 3-2 though.

I've just bought two new titanic inners recently. Partnering them with my Supernatural inner I'm hoping to be able to PIC and get a formidable midfield rating for my next Cup match. My opponant has a pretty good team though. I'm expecting him to get ratings something like this ...

Ravensgate
Tactic: Normal
Tactic skill: (no tactic)

Midfield: excellent (high)
Right Defence: passable (very high)
Central Defence: solid (very low)
Left Defence: solid (very low)
Right Attack: poor (very low)
Central Attack: inadequate (high)
Left Attack: poor (very low)

Hopefully I can pull off a win though and make it to round 5, which I don't think I've ever managed before.

yndy
19-04-2007, 06:22
quote:Originally posted by Mistfit

it is not as if I will not give it my best shot :D

and any helpful hints you guys wanna give are always appreciated and taken to heart

GREAT JOB MISTFIT![bday][bday][coool][groucho][drunk][joker]

You actually WON! And the reward is ... playing a div II team.

Of and I see English Brit trashed his opponent. The Cup really srats for me next week, I've been winning easy games for the first 4 rounds by playing mostly for training and not performance but since next week is the real deal.

Good luck to all of you.

akots
19-04-2007, 07:52
In round 4, I was leading 2:0 and should have probably won but then hattrick gods interfered and two of the Chemists players were sent off with red cards, while one of these was actually calm and honest and never ever had any problems with rule violation. Then, I've lost in the overtime. [wallbash]

socralynnek
19-04-2007, 10:42
Round 4 was new for me...Round 5 is too...

I was playing a div V team who seems to not invest much time to the opponent.
He played the expected 3-4-3 (even with pressing), his defense is quite strong.

I played my best midfielders, as I did win on saturday with my second best. I just sacrificed one training spot for that.
And I played my mythical set pieces player (future coach, he is bad everywhere else)
That payed off vs his strong defense.

I had 66% posession and thus he had almost no normal chances. Scored 1 side goal, 1 free kick, 1 penalty...

And off to round 5 I am...

Kingreno
19-04-2007, 10:48
:(

Led 3-1 and had better stats, yet my opponent managed to win 3-4. Missing the chance to face a div 2 or 3 team now. Bleh.

Kemal
19-04-2007, 10:52
Like yndy, for Snaken the real tests are coming up now, even though I never made it past round 5 before. Won 0-7 on a PiC, next opponents fields a much stronger midfield plus overall balanced stats, going to be interesting.

Mistfit
19-04-2007, 13:39
Heh.. I likely doomed myself in the league this season by doing so but I MoTS'ed the cup match just to see if I could suprise the guy and win.. and I did in overtime.. the first half I started badly and was down 1-3 but ended tieing up the match at the end of both 1/2 and one of my IM's scored the game winner in the 103rd min [mistfit]

barbu1977
19-04-2007, 14:11
Nice on Mistfit!

My cup run ended this year again in round 4. I PICed (with my B team) a certain loss against a div IV guy. Got creamed 0-8. None of my guys where even mentioned in the game recap.

My A team would not have done any better.

Mistfit
20-04-2007, 13:10
thanks barbu! A good week overall for me as my top keeper popped to WC today as well :D

the upcomming week will be a bit rough though as I will lose my league match and my cup game.. but.. both should be sell outs at my place so some extra cash to finance a stadium upgrade will be cool.

Dell19
24-04-2007, 23:14
I just won 7-0 in what should hopefully be my last away match, with lots of home matches to come.