PDA

View Full Version : National Cup Season 32 - Round 2

socralynnek
04-04-2007, 01:14
I had to face a team that is quite strong.

While most teams I watched had to face a team with LoddarStats of 5-10 so, my opponent had 14.

So, I had to decide whether I try to advance or try to train my B-Trainees in PM...

That's what I thought at first. I decided to go with a 4-5-1 CA tactics where my B-Trainees played and I could PIC.

My defense didn't let any goals in, so I won 0-1 with a winger-header SE.

Now I get my first home cup game since January 2006.

WOOOOOOHHOOOOO!

arne1
04-04-2007, 19:08
I won with a wretched (vs passable) midfield and (b-trainees and pic) My defense apparently was just enough (solid versus inadequate and passable vs poor and wretched) score over my one strong wing.

Hope this does not mean my luck has run out for the season.

Shabbaman
04-04-2007, 20:33
I lost, but don't ask me why. The single most bizarre match result I've experienced in my hattrick life.

Kemal
04-04-2007, 21:38
I won 1-11, which is good, but still Snaken left the field on a low, as my only goalkeeper got injured for 2 weeks, meaning I'll have to shop for a replacement to figure in the next 2 matches.

Costly, but nothing compared to Shabba's result of course. That's really worth complaining about..

Kingreno
04-04-2007, 22:09
I played Counter attack for too long to lose against a predictable CA-team, though I defeated him with only 1-0. happy to be in the third round.

socralynnek
05-04-2007, 03:36
quote:Originally posted by Shabbaman

I lost, but don't ask me why. The single most bizarre match result I've experienced in my hattrick life.

Wow, your opponent scored through a winger-head SE and through a non-tactic CA.

Can happen.

That you only scored once was pretty bad luck although I think you should have played AIM and you wouldn't have lost probably...

akots
05-04-2007, 05:08
quote:Originally posted by Shabbaman
... The single most bizarre match result I've experienced in my hattrick life.

Indeed, a rather strange result. Though I've had about 6 or 7 of similar strange losses during the previous two seasons.

This cup season might be not too bad for Chemists after all. I've got into the third round and have a reasonable opponent and might give it a mots to try to win a home game and get into 4th round. I do have a good chance without mots as well. But would be worth the effort to make extra 600K on ticket sales. And you never know what can happen in round 4, there is always some slim chance of getting to round 5.

Shabbaman
05-04-2007, 07:35
Playing AIM v.s. an opponent with two offensive wingers didn't seem like a good idea to me. I could have played with a FTW.

Tubby Rower
05-04-2007, 14:43
OMG... best. match. ever.

I was down 0-3 at the half and eventually fell to 0-4. I cam back and scored the equalizer in the 89th minute and won 4 minutes into overtime [dance] I can't believe it, but I'm off to the third round!!!!!!

quote:The Meltdown - American Rovers 5 - 4

View game: HT Live
Date: 4/5/2007 at 01.00
MatchID: 124143610
Arena: Three-Mile Island
Crowd: 18435

Due to an all-day shower, 18435 paying spectators got to see a match on a pitch-turned-bog at Three-Mile Island. Meltdown tactics involved an interesting 3-4-3 combination. The following players took the field: Barrera - Gurmann, Boonstra, Zarev - Machado, Fleming, Gjermandsen, Filipoviæ - Sastre Miralles, Grupnieks, Korkunç.

American tactics involved an interesting 3-4-3 combination. Lineup: Stallings - Napoli, Gual, Oldesloe - Toledano, Gulltorp, Givens, Persson - Castello Branco, Mcconnell, Marselus.

American took the lead after 12 minutes with 0 - 1. Júnior Castello Branco placed the ball out of reach for the home side's keeper after a fine move, coming in from the left. The referee showed Meltdown's Jorn Boonstra the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. After 18 minutes a combination in the middle resulted in a through ball for Ernest Givens who increased American's lead to 0 - 2. After this, American lowered the tempo in order to concentrate on their defensive efforts. Ernest Givens increased the visitors' lead by putting a volley shot away on a pass from the right. 0 - 3. Marco Machado of Meltdown was booked for kicking the ball away after the whistle. Meltdown's Rickey Fleming got himself booked for a foul. Meltdown's Steen Gjermandsen managed a superb strike from the left in the 41st minute that would have left goalkeeper Thomas Stallings without a chance, had it not hit the post. The teams went for the halftime break at 0 - 3. This half belonged to Meltdown, who controlled the ball 65 percent of the time.

Tomas Mcconnell's lightning pace was too much for Jorn Boonstra who could only look on as the American player blasted one home. 0-4. The home crowd was given a certain amount of consolation when Kostadin Filipoviæ, after a brilliant midfield combination, reduced the lead to 1 - 4. American had difficulty finding their positions and their organization dropped to poor. The muddy pitch made the game a gritty affair, which seemed to suit Wolf Oldesloe just fine. In the 80th minute Fernando Sastre Miralles passed through the guest's central line of defence, scoring the 2 - 4 goal. Unsportsmanlike behaviour by Marco Machado rendered him his second booking of the match, and Meltdown had to finish the game with a reduced squad. The home club's supporters got back into the match when Kostadin Filipoviæ broke through the visitors' central defence and caught their 'keeper off guard, making it 3 - 4. 86 minutes into the game, Gonerts Grupnieks came close to evening the score with a dangerous shot that went just wide of the bar. Maximilian Gurmann of Meltdown was booked for kicking the ball away after the whistle. Meltdown's Maximilian Gurmann put his head to a well placed ball, lifted in from the left, and scored the 4 - 4 goal in the 89th minute. Meltdown, bringing their ball possession to 87 percent, dominated the battle.

After the regular 90 minutes, the agony of overtime followed. Júnior Castello Branco was uncomfortable with the soggy pitch as he couldn't move the ball around with his usual grace. Kostadin Filipoviæ's name was chanted throughout the stadium after his 94th minute goal up the middle gave Meltdown the 5 - 4 lead. By then Kostadin Filipoviæ was a three time scorer - a hat trick! Extra time over, Meltdown were the victors! Most important Meltdown player was Steen Gjermandsen. Maximilian Gurmann was a disappointment, however. Most important American player was Wolf Oldesloe. Eyal Toledano turned in a dismal performance, however. The match ends 5 - 4.