PDA

View Full Version : CIV4 ***SPOILER*** CIVivor2 - Team Dunnothename

Darkness
03-04-2007, 21:55
If you are in this game and your name is not Rhymes, GeorgeOP or Darkness, then get out now!!! [estwing][estwing]

Game info:
18 civs - 6 teams
fractal map
always war

The teams:
quote:
Team C4:
1 Robboo: Victoria
2 Shane: Ragnar
3 IglooDude: WangKon

Team ANZAC:
4 LordParkin: Shaka
5 Azzaman: Ramesses
6 Classical_hero: Elizabeth

Team Dunnothename
7 Darkness: Huayna Capac
8 Rhymes: Mansa Musa
9 GeorgeOP: Alexander

Team, Inc.:
10 Beorn: Saladin
11 Whomp: Huayna Capac
12 Jericho: Ragnar

Team Canaduk:
13 BCLG: Washington
14 Meli: Huayna Capac
15 RBran: Alexander

Team Cyclones
16 KillerCane: Ramses
17 HappyAlex: Alexander
18 ComradeDavo: Ghandi

First start was pretty decent but there were some problems with duplicate leaders. Second start should be very soon...

GeorgeOP
04-04-2007, 00:09
Well, I'm here. I missed the first start, so I'm glad we're starting over. Bad timing to schedule this start for the start of baseball season. But you guys said I had a good start? Maybe the weakest team member has the best position, the best has the worst, etc.

rhymes
04-04-2007, 04:46
[charge] Wooh, I have the most kick ass starting location ever. Two fruits, one gem, one rice and one dye, plus rivers, grassland and hills for prod...

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/42610/Untitled.jpg

George's start seems more or less sucky from my view point though...

Just hope the JH incident doesn't cause a restart.

GeorgeOP
04-04-2007, 13:50
Meh, it doesn't look horrible.
http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/1750/startci6.png

And I already popped a goody hut (my settler did when founding MP) and it gave me a map from my lands to Darkness. There looks to be some nice city spots there.

Well, if imageshack would work, I'd put up a picture. But it's not going through right now.

Darkness
04-04-2007, 23:55
quote:Originally posted by GeorgeOP

Well, if imageshack would work, I'd put up a picture. But it's not going through right now.

You can upload anything under 200 kb directly to the forum (it's on the "reply" page)...

My start:
http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/darkness/200744235410_Civ4ScreenShot0007.JPG
113.7KB

I'm also researching archery. Let's do bronze working after this, OK? Slavery is a very useful early civic and any copper near us would be great. :)

GeorgeOP
05-04-2007, 14:11
quote:You can upload anything under 200 kb directly to the forum (it's on the "reply" page)...

I'm very familiar with imageshack. I do a lot of posting for the Democracy Game at CFC. It just kept timing out when I'd click to upload the second pic and I had to get to work.

rhymes
05-04-2007, 15:18
Seems like we are restarting.. too bad we had this mofo.

Darkness
05-04-2007, 15:48
quote:Originally posted by rhymes

Seems like we are restarting.. too bad we had this mofo.

Too bad indeed. I'll be away until monday evening (european time) so if we restart before maybe one of you can play the turns for me?

Darkness
24-04-2007, 20:35
After the Restart

Darkness' start:

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/darkness/2007424203441_Civ4ScreenShot0008.JPG
108.58KB

GeorgeOP
02-05-2007, 05:55
I had two scouts. I just got another one, which is good since Emperor killed off one of my scouts with a warrior. Is there anywhere specific you want the scouts to go, or just keep exploring? I will trust the judgment of you two wise players, so feel free to yell at me if you think I need to do something.

rhymes
14-05-2007, 00:30
I should have started with workboat... long story.. And now my first warrior got killed by a bear 1 square away from my capital. I'll try to bring this up

Darkness
14-05-2007, 09:42

I should have started with workboat... long story.. And now my first warrior got killed by a bear 1 square away from my capital. I'll try to bring this up

bear's are nasty. But at least they won't enter your lands.
Better get some MP up in our capitals. I've already seen some warriors roaming about. We don't want to greet those with undefended capitals...

rhymes
27-05-2007, 16:41
So when should the egyptian invasion start? I'm finishing a skirmisher, I was then thinking -- worker --- skrim -- skrim--- skirm.....

Or she we rush that and skip the worker?

Darkness
27-05-2007, 23:27

So when should the egyptian invasion start? I'm finishing a skirmisher, I was then thinking -- worker --- skrim -- skrim--- skirm.....

Or she we rush that and skip the worker?

ASAP, I think...
I'm building a worker. After that will be a settler, while I hook up my pigs and my copper, and then some axeman I think.

BTW: I will be away from 31st may until 9th june. Can one of you play my turns if I provide my password?

rhymes
28-05-2007, 12:58
Ok so that leaves me time for a worker. So according to what you say, it leaves us about 25-30 turns.....?

I can play your turns no prob. You should be able to plan ahead those turns and let me know what you want me to do.

Darkness
28-05-2007, 15:35

Ok so that leaves me time for a worker. So according to what you say, it leaves us about 25-30 turns.....?

I can play your turns no prob. You should be able to plan ahead those turns and let me know what you want me to do.

A bit above 30, I think... I'll need about 15 turns for the settler. Then some axes, followed by moving there. Makes about 30-35 I guess...

I'll do some planning and PM you wednesday or so...

rhymes
29-05-2007, 00:03
Unless some iron pops up nearby

GeorgeOP
31-05-2007, 05:12
I'm finishing a worker, have an archer and then a settler queued up. I was going to settle east of my capitol along the shore to grab the cow and copper. What do you want the weak link to do?

rhymes
09-06-2007, 15:22
I would have thought west or north, to expend our team territory, we might want to start settling away from each other, unless there are really no good spots.
What do you think master D?

Darkness
09-06-2007, 15:37

I would have thought west or north, to expend our team territory, we might want to start settling away from each other, unless there are really no good spots.
What do you think master D?

I fully agree with this. We need as much land as possible, to claim as much resources as possible.
However, George needs bronze for his phalanxes, so if he settles N or W, then Rhymes or myself should probably aim to grab an extra bronze and trade it to him.

GeorgeOP
13-06-2007, 14:07
I had an iron pop up right next to my city. That is next on the list of my worker's duties. He was in the middle of farming (or whatever) my rice when it appeared. So there is no need to send me bronze.

I'll send my settler NW. There is a spot along the river to grab 3 resources in the fat cross.

Darkness
13-06-2007, 15:19

I had an iron pop up right next to my city. That is next on the list of my worker's duties. He was in the middle of farming (or whatever) my rice when it appeared. So there is no need to send me bronze.

I'll send my settler NW. There is a spot along the river to grab 3 resources in the fat cross.

That's good news then...

I just founded my second city:
http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/darkness/2007613151742_Civ4ScreenShot0010.JPG
154.02KB

Note Egypt's settler-archer pair just west of Hell's Gate. He must be on his way towards the bronze. We'll have to get rid of him soon, because he is way too close to our lands.
I'll finish a barracks in Black Hole in 2 turns. Then I'll start building axemen. I should have my first axe 7 turns from now. :)

rhymes
13-06-2007, 20:40
I'm thinking going into a skirmisher frenzy right now to take on his capital..... The other plan would be to finish my settler, let you take down his second city and then we dogpile on the capital.
What do you think?

GeorgeOP
15-06-2007, 00:20
He founded right on top of the copper. Did he not think that would attract our attention? A warrior and an archer on a hill city.

Darkness
15-06-2007, 09:01

I'm thinking going into a skirmisher frenzy right now to take on his capital..... The other plan would be to finish my settler, let you take down his second city and then we dogpile on the capital.
What do you think?

How long will it take you to get a good-sized force of skirmishers? I'll have my first axe in 5 turns...

rhymes
15-06-2007, 20:17
I pop a skirmisher every 3 turns. I have one that can be in your second city in 5 turns. So technically in about 25 turns I can have 8 skirmishers (not counting the one I allready have). I can have 6 if I build a barrack first. or 8 skirmishers with combat 1 in about 30 turns.
Thoughts?

Darkness
15-06-2007, 21:08
let's try it... :)

rhymes
15-06-2007, 21:47
ok so I'm gonna send one to assist you in taking the second city. Then do you think I'm better of with the 8 "unbarracked" skirmisher plan in 25 turns?

Darkness
15-06-2007, 21:54
Unbarracked I think. Strength in numbers, especially in the early game...

rhymes
15-06-2007, 22:45
What about you george? Probably a safe idea to contribute a couple unit to take down that archer/hill/city.

GeorgeOP
16-06-2007, 16:32
My settler will finish in 5 turns. Plus my worker is on his way to hook up that iron. As soon as the iron is connected I plan to just pump out phalanx for a while. I just don't know the numbers I can crank them out yet.

rhymes
18-06-2007, 23:24
George! Azzaman warchariot west of your capital! Switch to defense mode immediately, he can be in your capital in 2 turns. Should immediately whip an archer, the settler will wait!

Darkness
19-06-2007, 19:24
@George: You need to whip an archer immediately! Azzaman warchariot and Empazza Impi have entered your lands!

GeorgeOP
20-06-2007, 13:44
I had the archer whipped in time. It beat the chariot and is now at 1.9 strength. I have two warriors also in the city and the other archer on the way. I'm working on another archer, finish in 3 turns. In 4 turns the forest chop should be done. Depending on how well I survive the now 2 Impi in my lands (and how many more come by) I'll use it on another archer or the settler.

Darkness
20-06-2007, 14:07

I had the archer whipped in time. It beat the chariot and is now at 1.9 strength. I have two warriors also in the city and the other archer on the way. I'm working on another archer, finish in 3 turns. In 4 turns the forest chop should be done. Depending on how well I survive the now 2 Impi in my lands (and how many more come by) I'll use it on another archer or the settler.

[goodjob]
I recommend using the chop on the archer. Of the three of us you are most exposed to other people due to your location. So, logically you should see the most enemy units, and that means you should have the best defense.
We really need to kill Egypt. That would really close down our part of the continent.

rhymes
20-06-2007, 14:17
+ your other archer coming from the north, which should be there in time for the second impi.. I think your gonna be fine as long as there isn't an other stack of 3 impi coming ;)

GeorgeOP
21-06-2007, 20:18
My other archer isn't going to make it there. The Impu got in his way, so he has to go the long way around. I also had to abort the chop since the Impu next to my capital can kill it where it was standing if he wanted to. A 3rd Impu also appeared on the horizon. They all have +10% strength, Cover I, and Mobility. If he has any more on the way (or Emperoress sends anything else) I may not make it out alive.

Darkness
21-06-2007, 23:28
If you can stay alive for 9-10 turns (I know, it's a long time), my first axeman will be at you capital to boost your defense. You will need to keep building archers though. Better try and get that second archer covered ASAP (maybe log in as soon as possible tomorrow/next turn?). the grassland he is on now has no defense bonus.

Darkness
24-06-2007, 18:43
With all the Impi that George is facing as well as the fact that Egypt completed its' first axeman last turn, I'm thinking our invasion plans are now impossible. Maybe we should focus on defense and expansion for now?

rhymes
25-06-2007, 00:29
ok I'm with you. Rgypt will fall one day or an other though, isolated like they are.

GeorgeOP
25-06-2007, 21:26
5 Impi have surrounded my city. I can't fight them and they can't take the city (I hope). However, I think Empress is content to just sit there and prevent my city from growing. And with a German city with axes between my lands and yours, I'm very impotent right now.

Darkness
26-06-2007, 22:18
@George: You need to whip an archer NOW! But, there's a pretty good chance you'll still die if you do so... :(

rhymes
27-06-2007, 02:23
No!! everything ends up good! His only archer resisted to 3 impis, I have logged in and upgraded your archer to city defense I and II. PLus that second archer coming next turn. Seems like we wont loose a member yet.

Maybe Egypt is still in our grasp?

Darkness
27-06-2007, 09:14

No!! everything ends up good! His only archer resisted to 3 impis, I have logged in and upgraded your archer to city defense I and II. PLus that second archer coming next turn. Seems like we wont loose a member yet.

Maybe Egypt is still in our grasp?

That is awesome! So George resisted the first wave? I'll be continueing 100% military production. We need to reinforce George's defenses and then we definately can look at trying to hit Egypt. I want that city between me and George gone!

Darkness
30-06-2007, 09:22
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

Killercane intentionally double moved me and razed my second city. I know double moves are allowed in this game but this really sucks! I killed his axeman though...
I also killed an impi this turn, though that will likely cost me my axeman.

This settles it: I will pursue the elimination of Killercane 100% in this game. After my current worker I will build only axeman and perhaps a settler to refound my second city until Killercane is dead.

GeorgeOP
06-07-2007, 05:07
Anybody want to clear out these Impi at least long enough for me to hook up my iron? Then I can start cranking out my own axemen.

Darkness
06-07-2007, 08:54

Anybody want to clear out these Impi at least long enough for me to hook up my iron? Then I can start cranking out my own axemen.

Eould love to, but Egypt's in the way. Gotta kill Killercane first, before I can send substantial forces to your lands...

Darkness
11-07-2007, 09:37
Rhymes, George: Both of you haven't logged in recently. What's up?

Darkness
11-07-2007, 21:56
Rhymes, I played your turn for you. Your settler was about to be ambushed by a barbarian axe, I've sent it back towards the capital. Why not found your second city near the horses?

George: I would have played your turn too, but I don't know the password.

It'd be nice if you both could log in more regularly, because this way we'll not make it very long...

rhymes
12-07-2007, 20:01
Yeah sorry, I just moved and haven't had access to internet except at my neighbor's house (who is someone I know very well) I'm getting it plugged in next monday so don't mind playing my turn until then cuz I can't be sure if he's going to be home when I need to play my turns.

GeorgeOP
12-07-2007, 23:38
There hasn't been anything to do on my past 10 turns except hit enter. Sorry. I've got 4 archers, a worker, and a settler just sitting in my capitol and 3 Impi outside. I started a barracks, which will only take 4 turns. Rhymes knows my password, I'll pm it to you also. Until you finish Egypt and come scare away these heathens, there's nothing else I can do. And now Robboo (my friend coming into the game)and IglooDude have both had warriors appear on my horizon.

killercane
13-10-2007, 17:05
quote:Originally posted by Darkness

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

Killercane intentionally double moved me and razed my second city. I know double moves are allowed in this game but this really sucks! I killed his axeman though...
I also killed an impi this turn, though that will likely cost me my axeman.

This settles it: I will pursue the elimination of Killercane 100% in this game. After my current worker I will build only axeman and perhaps a settler to refound my second city until Killercane is dead.

Well I at least felt guilty for it! Sadly that was one of the only highlights from this game. If another team game like this comes up, I really think we need a map tweaker to make sure teams are not so spread out. It is no coincidence that the australians and ID/Robboo are dominating the continent.