PDA

View Full Version : season 32 round 1

arne1
01-04-2007, 23:09
won an away game against a competitor for promotion 0-4. bettere than I could have hoped for.

Darth Pugwash
01-04-2007, 23:33
I won 1-0, the score is a little slim but it's three points in the bag and a decent way to start the new season.

socralynnek
01-04-2007, 23:39
Won 5-1 against the maybe weakest team of the league. It brought me to place 2 and now I might face an underestimation event next week...
So, now on to the cup game.

BCLG100
02-04-2007, 00:34
0-0 with challenger for top 3, not bad.

Socrates
02-04-2007, 00:49
Won 6-1 away against a team which has just come down from the above division, but which is newer to the game than me. It started as 0-1 for him, which got me worried, but then it came back to normal. :D

There is a serious chance for me to win the title this season, so I'm glad it started with a stunning victory, which placed me as #1.

sz_matyas
02-04-2007, 03:02
Won 0-3 against a demoted team. This puts me in first place and on the way to recovering from that disastrous showing in the cup. As soon as I can get a little bit of form on my players I figure I can reach 130 hatstats without a problem.

akots
02-04-2007, 03:28
Beginning of the season looks good for Chemists with 3-0 easy home win and 222 stars (51.5). I'm the only one team in the league capable to reach solid midfeild in a home match at the moment although I had to spend almost all free cash to change the coach into a better one. Also plans include to make a run for the 4th round of the cup at least. If all goes well, I can try for promotion into IVth division this season.

Robboo
02-04-2007, 06:00
1-2 won...against my main competition for 1st or 2nd. 3 teams ( mine included) will be the cream of the crop. next week I face a team that is not as good as mine but seems to beat me or draw with me.

Kingreno
02-04-2007, 09:22
I played my B-team defenders and managed a tricky 2-1 victory. My opponent played 4-4-2 CA and I had a regular 4-4-2. When my star CD was kicked out after 8 minutes (6 feckin' weeks) and they scored 0-1 I was worried but in the end my posession won it. Now I need to win wednesdays cupmatch.

Aggie
02-04-2007, 10:21
I lost the away game vs the favourite for the tittle (2-1). I had 6 changes and scored once. He had three and scored two :-(

Kemal
02-04-2007, 10:29
You have my sympathies Aggie... lost 1-2 vs a very strong CA team, even though there was only a 25% chance or so for a loss. :(

It looks like it is going to be a very tough season ahead... [sad]

Also, because of the universal weather bug that is currently in effect, I lost a ton of crowd income since I was forced to play in the rain. [mad]

Tubby Rower
02-04-2007, 12:36
our game was muddy too. I had a 17yo trainee get injured, which means I got a free spot for training someone else in the cup match. I won 1-3. Hatstats was 114-112 not in my favor. The form decrease from training stamina has really hurt my ratings. This was one of the teams that was approximately better than I was. So it was nice to get a win against him in the away match.

Aggie
02-04-2007, 13:27
quote:Originally posted by Tubby Rower

...The form decrease from training stamina has really hurt my ratings...

My ratings too, but I my case it was brutal. In hindsight it would have been better to wait one or two weeks with the stamina training... But that would have been against all HT logic, as far as I can see.

Mistfit
02-04-2007, 13:59
I played to a 1-4 win against a slightly better team this week. Last season he regularly hit Manificent CA. I played differently than I normally do trying to trick him. I put both of my forwards towards wing and played AOW. I saw that he has been stacking his middle defense. I know this lessens the amount of attacks I get but this time it seemed to work :D

arne1
02-04-2007, 23:04
stamina training just hurts your form for that weak and not that badly. Not playing hurts your from like hell and it lasts for approxemately three weaks (background form).

akots
02-04-2007, 23:51
quote:Originally posted by Aggie
... In hindsight it would have been better to wait one or two weeks with the stamina training... But that would have been against all HT logic, as far as I can see.

It seems that the best way to train stamina is for 1 week between the seasons and then another week in the middle of the season.

Also, if you train keepers, due to decreased number of assistant coaches, form drop is more profound and this is the reason for training general (1/4 rate of keeper training as well) for 2 weeks right before or right after stamina training. This partially might lessen the consequences.

Kemal
03-04-2007, 07:58
You do actually suffer from stamina training longer than just the weeks you train it, even though it is correct that it only surpresses current form. However, current form always tends to move towards the background form, not follow it instantly.

Therefore, if for example background form is passable, but stamina has influenced current form to weak, from the moment you'll stop training stamina form will move back up towards passable, not be back at passable the next week. (Could be inadequate -> passable over a course of 2 weeks for example).

@Mistfit: I'm not sure I understand correctly, but playing AOW does not reduce your total amount of chances you'll get in a match, it only has an effect on the way they are distributed (and of course it reduces central defence ratings).

Aggie
03-04-2007, 08:02
Thanks all for the lessons learned regarding stamina training!