PDA

View Full Version : we need MapMakers - and that means YOU!!

DrAlimentado
01-06-2003, 20:49
We currently have a backlog of unmade maps...

what we need is for more of you to undertake some mapmaking please! :)

Don't be put off! the Multiplayer screen is a bit screwy but once you work out how to set them up it's not that difficult (in theory). Just remember to (re)set the level every time you load the scenario/saved game AND before you launch. And I would suggest using PTW 1.14 multiplayer to launch the game so you can save mid-first-turn and have it so the players can set their own passwords.

I will be rewriting the how-to guidelines in the next day or two and attempt to clear some of the backlog as well. If anyone has questions or suggestions regarding mapmaking then feel free to bug me/meli on msn or post them here.

thanks in advance, DrA.

Aggie
02-06-2003, 09:04
I want to help, as long as someone makes a map for CB and me. I'll probably be able to make a map per week :)

prettyvacant
02-06-2003, 10:35
quote:Originally posted by DrAlimentado

:)
so you can save mid-first-turn and have it so the players can set their own passwords.

I'll be able to do at least one within the next couple of days - but I do need an explanation of the above.

Oh and btw people who have a full and clearly agreed spec get priority.

DrAlimentado
02-06-2003, 15:05
thanks pv, (and in fact your already one of the few who does make maps... but you already know this ;))

I'm still not sure why your previous map didnt have the players pw's 'settable'... the comment above is directed at making maps in 1.21 where you simply cannot save the game mid-turn - which prevents it at all. Talk to me on msn again, I had to dash last time but I'm always happy to answer questions etc. :)

Aggie, if you could make the occaisional map that's be great [thumbsup] and hopefully your map will get seen to shortly!

Lt. Killer M
02-06-2003, 15:07
I will see what I can do.

DrAlimentado
05-06-2003, 16:54
We have cleared the backlog! Hurrah!

I have also posted a rewrite of the map-making guide which will hopefully encourage more of you to make maps in the future :)

Thanks again ppl for your help in clearing the backlog, man I love you guys! [love]

DrAlimentado
14-06-2003, 04:36
If anyone has an urge to make a map I'm away till Monday, there's 4 map requests waiting so this w/e would be a good time to get stuck in ;)

Aggie
25-07-2003, 16:06
In the last couple of weeks we effectively had only two mapmakers: Nightfall and me. And there's only one (me) converting bix's into saves on 1.14

I'm sure that I speak for Nightfall too when I say that I love doing that, but sometimes I have just too many requests to handle. And then there's also the situation that when we two want to have a map made, that there's no repsonse.

So I guess what I want to say is: please can someone help us out until other regular mapmakers come back? We not only need mapmakers, but also people who can make a save with PTW 1.14....

Thanks

anarres
25-07-2003, 16:13
I can no longer do map conversions since I reinstalled my PC.

I will try to do maps when I can, but the last 2 or 3 weeks is pure hell at work, including working some weekends. In a week or two the rush will be over and I will be able to make more maps.

Aggie, you hard work is certainly appreciated and you can always come to me if you are desperate, I can always forgo PBEM's to get a map done.

digger760
25-07-2003, 16:16
hmm, i would like to help, but what ever spare time i have is actually playing the turns.

Aggie
30-07-2003, 10:07
Thanks to everyone that offered their help! We cleared the backlog and I will promise: not this many map request from Aggie anymore [:p]