PDA

View Full Version : New Youth System Pulls!

Mistfit
28-03-2007, 22:46
List what guys you have been able to draw so we can get an indication as to who is good and not good to keep.

My first:
think I have found a skilled youngster for you. His name is Lawrence Romero and he is 15 years old.

Coach this player right and you will get excellent Defending before you know it! Without any further training, this player will remain with disastrous Scoring. Zeroing in on his Winger skills, this boy could very well be a hopeless talent.

Can I offer him a place at the academy?

the excellent defending seemed promising

Aggie
29-03-2007, 09:24
My first 'talent' Misja van Laer (16 y.o.) got these comments:

quote:Scout Comment
I think I have spotted a future star here, to be honest. He told me his name is Misja van Laer and is 16 years old.

In my opinion, this player is a doubtful player when it comes to Scoring.

What do you say? Should we give him a chance?

Tubby Rower
29-03-2007, 13:45
well I don;t think that it costs to invite a guy into the youth squad, just when you bump him up to the senior squad.

Mistfit
29-03-2007, 23:06
For mine this was the first scout I asked.. I saw excellent so I decided to keep him.. If you only have one scout I presume you only get one choice.. But if you guys could post the guys you take and pass over I think we might be quicker at figuring out what is good and not good.

sz_matyas
29-03-2007, 23:19
My first guy was weak defending, no other notes

Tubby Rower
30-03-2007, 01:24
I didn't think to look at mine when I pulled him. I assumed that would be captured somewhere... but again I was wrong :(

Mistfit
30-03-2007, 01:32
It is captured.. pull up the player and it is in the upper right hand side

Tubby Rower
30-03-2007, 04:56
Where?

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Tubby Rower/200733035618_Image2.jpg
64.05KB

Robboo
30-03-2007, 06:24
tubby... find the player you pulled...

It will be up in the upper right in italics. That is a scrub that has no talent. :)

Tubby Rower
30-03-2007, 13:15
I know, but that is the guy I pulled :(... I put a shirt on him when I pulled him, so I know that's him

socralynnek
30-03-2007, 14:06
It might have to do with a bug this week where players didn't see what the scout told them.

Mistfit
31-03-2007, 14:50
This is the guy I pulled this week.. 6 stars seems impressive but... who knows.. he is a hell of a lot better than my other schmucks..

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/3219/youthtd1.jpg

bed_head7
31-03-2007, 16:44
Some talk in the conference about star ratios, and apparently people think three youth academy stars corresponds to one normal star.

Aggie
31-03-2007, 18:54
Mistfit had the strongest talent of the CDZ cup. My pull was far worse than one of the standard line up players.

Mistfit
04-04-2007, 01:18
My second week of pulling was not so good..

This was the best of the 3 choices:

quote:He is 15 years old and is called Lucas Larkin.

Without any further training, this player will remain with poor Keeper.

sz_matyas
04-04-2007, 05:20
My second week calls: 3 versions of there isn't talent out there that is up to our standards. Really annoying as my first weeks pull was weak

akots
04-04-2007, 05:33
quote:I think I have spotted a future star here, to be honest. He told me his name is Stanford Wilkerson and is 15 years old.

In my opinion, this player is a talented player when it comes to Winger. Without any further training, this player will remain with wretched Winger.

[lol]

I'm not sure what the meaning of "talented" is here. May be he has some training ability number which reflects how rapidly this player will train if trained? Or it is same for all? Anyhow, we don't know how the system functions, so that is all speculation. Basically, what I'm trying to say is that there is some feature but we don't know its mechanism and how to use it. That is rather frustrating. My assumption is that all these "talented" and "hopeful" remarks are somewhat meaningless and it is all coming down to some chance of database dice throw.

socralynnek
04-04-2007, 12:41
Most people tend to think that the talent stated tells the training speed in this skill.

BTW, the scout doesn't necessarily name the best skill of the player, so for example a player that has disastrous in the named skills could be much better in other skills.

Tubby Rower
04-04-2007, 13:42
quote:Originally posted by sz_matyas

My second week calls: 3 versions of there isn't talent out there that is up to our standards. Really annoying as my first weeks pull was weak
Are all of your scouts in the same region? If so, I would that to happen.

EDIT:: I wonder if each week there isn't a pool of talent in each region and everyone who has a scout in a particular region pulls from that pool.

Kemal
04-04-2007, 14:22
Hmm, weird.. I pulled a goalkeeper and got the following:

quote:
Matthijs Wijnands looks promising. He is 16 years old and seems to have something extra.

In my opinion, this player is a hopeless player when it comes to Scoring. I would say as an allrounder, he's poor.

Do we sign him, boss?

So I want a keeper and get info on his hopeless scoring... though if allrounder = poor counts all skills, things might not be as bad as it looks. Though of course it could be this isn;t a keeper at all, even though I wanted one...

socralynnek
04-04-2007, 14:25
I have read, that if you look for a specific type of player, then you don't ever get information from the scout how good he is in that skill. But probably it's his best skill anyway.

Kemal
04-04-2007, 14:30
May be but posted a poor goalkeeper a few posts up, and I never heard of non-goalkeeper pulls having poor or better goalkeeping. Was that a specific goalkeeper pull Mistfit, or was that any player in general?

sz_matyas
04-04-2007, 17:47
I have my scouts placed in Wisconsin, South Dakota and Arkansas, so no they aren't all in the same place. Just weird that none of them could find even a wretched player for me.

Aggie
05-04-2007, 18:33
This is my new hope for the future:

quote: Jaron Hunsel (2348212)
15 years and 83 days, poor form

Scout Comment
Right, this week's candidate is 15 years of age and is called Jaron Hunsel.

In my opinion, this player is a hopeful player when it comes to Playmaking. I would say as an allrounder, he's weak. Without any further training, this player will remain with poor Defending. Coach this player right and you will get inadequate Scoring before you know it!

Mistfit
06-04-2007, 15:35
Kemal.. he was just a straight anything pull.. I have it set up to look for 2 defenders and one anything..

Mistfit
07-04-2007, 00:04
Well after 2 weeks of Stamina (primary) Defending (secondary) my first wonder pull gained a 1/2 of a star and is now listed at 6.5 stars :D

My goal keep got a paltry 3.5 stars :D

Robboo
07-04-2007, 01:29
Do we know if stamina drops in this? I wonder if we could train stamina for about 5 or 6 weeks and get them all trained up and then switch to the primary training goal. I am not saying start it now BUT after you get enough trainees.

Mistfit
10-04-2007, 01:06
My thought is that you are not likely to pull a youth guy directly to your starting squad so I do not want to waste much time training stamina.. but I really do not know..

Aggie
04-06-2007, 10:12
quote:Originally posted by Mistfit

My first:
think I have found a skilled youngster for you. His name is Lawrence Romero and he is 15 years old.

Coach this player right and you will get excellent Defending before you know it! Without any further training, this player will remain with disastrous Scoring. Zeroing in on his Winger skills, this boy could very well be a hopeless talent.

the excellent defending seemed promising

I have a couple of questions regarding this...

-Has anyone seen fieldplayers with higher star rating than 6?
-When do you know that a player has reached his maximum on a certain skill?

Mistfit, I see that this guy still has 6 stars as his maximum, right? Are you still training defending or defensive positions? Are you getting updates on him improving?

BCLG100
04-06-2007, 15:18
i thought 6 stars was the maximum and then you could only get higher through form.

Tubby Rower
04-06-2007, 20:14
12 is maximum iirc and would likely be a GK. I've heard of numerous people who had 9... I thought.

Aggie
17-09-2007, 19:18
My player Danny Bols got this message on Saturday: 'Make sure you give Danny Bols lots of chances, because he is a quality player.'

He is 16 years and 67 days and I still have 6 training weeks to go to get him on excellent defending. I hope that he will not hit the limit before this time. After last week's friendly he also popped in playmaking skills, but I suppose it would be best to sell him just before the season start when he is about 17 years and 7 days?

Aggie
18-11-2007, 20:00
I promoted my first ever great YA pull to the senior squad. quote:Danny Bols (183536762)
17 years and 17 days, inadequate form, healthy
A controversial person who is calm and dishonest.
Has wretched experience and inadequate leadership abilities.

Next birthday: 21-02-2008
Nationality: Nederland
Total Skill Index (TSI): 600
Wage: 390 €/week
Owner: Lucky Aggie
Warnings: 0
Injuries: Healthy

Stamina: wretched Goalkeeping: disastrous
Playmaking: wretched Passing: passable
Winger: inadequate Defending: solid
Scoring: disastrous Set Pieces: disastrous

It took forever to get the last defender 'pop', but in the end I'm very happy with him.

Next season I hope to pull an excellent forward. (edit:) I'm switching to scoring after about two seasons of defending.

socralynnek
18-11-2007, 20:53
Pulled this guy:

Karl-Georg Schehr (183269513)
17 Jahre und 46 Tage alt, durchschnittlich (inad) in Form

inad keeper close to passable with wretched experience

He is already at 6000 Euro. Will be sold this evening

Aggie
21-11-2007, 14:11
quote:Originally posted by Aggie

I promoted my first ever great YA pull to the senior squad. Danny Bols (183536762)

Young mister Bols changed owner for 766,000 euro [wave]

socralynnek
21-11-2007, 15:16
Wow. Congratulations! And I was happy to get 62K Euros for my player...

sz_matyas
21-11-2007, 16:30
Hokey smokes Batman, someone is actually having their YA start to pay off. Right now I am on 4+ wks for my hot prospect in scoring to go from weak to inad. Beginning to think you need a lot of help to get them to any value and can only get maybe 1-2 a season.

arne1
21-11-2007, 19:00

I promoted my first ever great YA pull to the senior squad. Danny Bols (183536762)

Young mister Bols changed owner for 766,000 euro [wave]

HOw many stars did your defender get?
I have a 7,5 star player and am wondering what skill that would be.
Supposed to be trainable to eexcelent.

Aggie
22-11-2007, 08:07
quote:Originally posted by arne1HOw many stars did your defender get?
I have a 7,5 star player and am wondering what skill that would be.
Supposed to be trainable to eexcelent.
Mine got 6,5 stars at passable form and then popped to solid defender. He had 7 stars at excellent form while only being inadequate (close to popping to passable defender).

Aggie
22-11-2007, 08:19
quote:Originally posted by sz_matyas

Hokey smokes Batman, someone is actually having their YA start to pay off. Right now I am on 4+ wks for my hot prospect in scoring to go from weak to inad. Beginning to think you need a lot of help to get them to any value and can only get maybe 1-2 a season.

edit: Indeed you would be lucky to get 2 great youngster promotion per season.

It took me 2 whole seasons to get 'defender hot prospect' Bols from wretched to solid defense (I got 5 pops). The luck I had was that he already had passable passing and inad wing when he joined the YA. I wasn't aware of his winger capabilities I have to admit.

I put four other players on defensive spots as well and let them train along with Bols. They all are inad to passable at the most now and I am switching training to get my scoring prospect (16 y.o.) from passable to excellent. So I guess I will keep the former defensive youngster trainees to fill up my youth team.

I also have an inad keeper (17 y.o.) but I have to go for the forward I guess, because it will generate me more money...

What I also probably will do is firing two scouts as soon as I have two other nice forward trainees. I will then have the YA working at max...

yndy
24-11-2007, 09:24
Great player. I still have no clue on how the YA is working, I am training 5 defenders of which 3 are pretty high it seems but they may be inadequate only, as I can't really tell. Since the new rules, I switched my defender trainees to playmaking and hope I'll get some good double skilled. But they would also be turning 19 in less than one season. Hard to tell if I'm doing the right thing or not, to pull a double inadequate does not seem to be as good as a passable/weak or even a solid/poor.

Aggie
26-11-2007, 11:15
quote:Originally posted by yndy

Great player. I still have no clue on how the YA is working, I am training 5 defenders of which 3 are pretty high it seems but they may be inadequate only, as I can't really tell. Since the new rules, I switched my defender trainees to playmaking and hope I'll get some good double skilled. But they would also be turning 19 in less than one season. Hard to tell if I'm doing the right thing or not, to pull a double inadequate does not seem to be as good as a passable/weak or even a solid/poor.

My strategy is going for one great player and sacrifice everything (other players) to improve his main skill until he promotes.

My initial luck was that my first star player was a defender, so I could train 4 other players as well. (edit:) However, in the end they are only inad or passable so I guess there's no extra money to be expected from those 4.

Now I have a passable 16 yo striker who could get to excellent according to the scout. With a little luck I will have an excellent 17 yo striker without subskills early next season. I guess it's better to have a player with one great skill (solid or excellent) than with two average kills (passable/inad or inad/inad)).

But while improving him I am neglecting a 17 yo inad keeper (6,5 stars at passable form), who still needs to spend 10 weeks in the academy before he can promote. I try to resolve this situation somewhat by having 'individual' as secondary training, but I doubt if this helps.

BCLG100
26-11-2007, 13:55
I popped a completly crap player that had 3 weak skills but seems that avergae price for him is like 100k...

so he's on the market if anyone wants him?

akots
02-12-2007, 05:15
WTF! Like the system is not screwed enough! Today I've tried to promote a player and the engine said that "This player changed his priorities in life and is not longer playing in your squad." And he is just fucking gone! WTF! Not that is could have been a decent pull, may be maximum is weak high or barely inadequate scoring but still. WTF WTF WTF

sz_matyas
02-12-2007, 06:18
Was the player 19 yrs old? In that case you simply lose him. Otherwise that seems like a terrible deal.

akots
02-12-2007, 07:00
Actually, amazingly, after about an hour the guy finally changed his mind again and reappeared in the player list of the main team. [lol] He indeed was with inad scoring (no secondaries) and is currently being listed on transfer for 1K. Probably, he won't sell which is quite a pity. Apparently, this is some kind of a bug number 1000 in HT.

arne1
02-12-2007, 08:44
quote:Originally posted by akots

Actually, amazingly, after about an hour the guy finally changed his mind again and reappeared in the player list of the main team. [lol] He indeed was with inad scoring (no secondaries) and is currently being listed on transfer for 1K. Probably, he won't sell which is quite a pity. Apparently, this is some kind of a bug number 1000 in HT.

I like this bug, it pisses people off for no reason.

Robboo
02-12-2007, 18:02
mine did the same thing but it was more like 5 minutes before he appeared...travel time?? :)

Maybe your guy had to call his mommy and tell her he got a real job.

BCLG100
08-12-2007, 21:59
my scout just got a prodigious talent!

17 as well so should be an early promotion next year.

anyone need a YA friendly?

Robboo
08-12-2007, 23:43
yeah me... :0

Team name? I challenge you unless you beat me to it. I wont log in till tomorrow.

BCLG100
09-12-2007, 14:50
challenged!

Robboo
09-12-2007, 15:48
coool...I set up my killer lineup today.

akots
10-12-2007, 08:28
Well, finally pulled the excellent 17-yo winger from the YS. This is actually the main and only fruit which has some value so far. Transfer compare gives him about 200K since he does not have any secondaries. Since I'm training winger skill anyhow, I think I'll train this guy a bit may be to some better level.

Aggie
10-12-2007, 09:41
After the massive youth player skill upgrade of last week I get my 2nd fully trained player message (and 2nd ever). Something tells me I will get more of them before long.

This player may be adding to the YA profit I think.
quote:David van Hoven (185291187)
17 years and 51 days, passable form, healthy
A nasty fellow who is balanced and honest.

Speciality: Powerful

Next birthday: 09-02-2008
Total Skill Index (TSI): 510
Wage: 310 €/week

Stamina: weak Goalkeeping: disastrous
Playmaking: poor Passing: inadequate
Winger: weak Defending: weak
Scoring: passable Set Pieces: weak

Transfer compare is between 26,000 and 120,000.

EDIT: Last week I managed to sell the other fully trained player (a 17 yo inad defender, inad winger) for 3000 euro.

Update: I sold him for 71,000 euro. Let's see who will be fully trained this weekend...

BCLG100
13-12-2007, 20:35
My prodigious talent was only 5 stars and he's 17. Not exactly much of a return- any ideas?

Aggie
14-12-2007, 09:30
Prodigious doesn't say anything about his current skills, but a lot about what he can be. Just train him for a season and you might be very happy by then!

BCLG100
15-12-2007, 18:34
I got this during a match. 'The rain and the poor pitch made this a game a gritty affair, which seemed to suit Andy Appleby just fine' so would that mean when i bring him up to the seniors he's going to have strength?

akots
15-12-2007, 18:51
Sort of. In a cryptic way, this tells you he is powerful.

BCLG100
15-12-2007, 19:02
Yeah, i knew it was telling me something just couldnt think which skill :)

akots
16-12-2007, 08:17
Quote an OK pull IMO:

quote:Charlie Hinojosa (185821874)
17 years and 50 days, passable form, healthy
A pleasant guy who is temperamental and honest.
Has wretched experience and weak leadership abilities.

Speciality: Unpredictable

Next birthday: 2/16/2008
Nationality: USA
Total Skill Index (TSI): 520
Wage: 310 US$/week
Owner: Chemists

Playmaking: poor Passing: inadequate
Winger: weak Defending: passable
Scoring: wretched Set Pieces: wretched

He's on market now for 1000. Hopefully this one can sell. I'd be happy if somebody pays 10K for him.

Aggie
17-12-2007, 09:08
As expected, another player reached his maximum during the mass upgrade a few weeks ago. I'm expecting to prom ote two others at least.

quote:Calvin Noordhoek (185857831)
17 years and 66 days, passable form, healthy
A sympathetic guy who is calm and honest.

Next birthday: 01-02-2008
Total Skill Index (TSI): 620
Wage: 290 €/week

Playmaking: inadequate Passing: inadequate
Winger: wretched Defending: weak
Scoring: inadequate Set Pieces: solid

Strong SP, inad in scoring, PM and passing. He might sell...

sz_matyas
18-12-2007, 19:01
Finally got a player worth something, should get me 100K (plus residuals as he is highly trainable).

quote:
Ed Davis (185762388)
18 years and 29 days, passable form, healthy
A sympathetic guy who is temperamental and upright.
Has wretched experience and poor leadership abilities.

Next birthday: 3/10/2008
Nationality: flag USA
Total Skill Index (TSI): 1 320
Wage: 470 US$/week
Owner: hunting_penguins

Playmaking: inadequate Passing: poor
Winger: poor Defending: inadequate
Scoring: solid Set Pieces: passable

Aggie
19-12-2007, 15:18
Strong SP, inad in scoring, PM and passing. He might sell...
He sold for 17.000 euro...

akots
20-12-2007, 01:56
quote:Originally posted by akots
Quote an OK pull IMO:
Charlie Hinojosa (185821874)

He indeed sold for 17K. Not quite a source of income but not that hopeless either.

Aggie
28-12-2007, 11:23

As expected, another player reached his maximum during the mass upgrade a few weeks ago. I'm expecting to prom ote two others at least.

It indeed was the case last weekend:
quote:Henry Kruijenaar (186549853) [Add this player to your bookmarks]
17 years and 99 days, passable form, healthy A sympathetic guy who is temperamental and dishonest.
Has wretched experience and wretched leadership abilities.

Next birthday: 07-01-2008
Total Skill Index (TSI): 650
Wage: 290 €/week

Playmaking: inadequate Passing: inadequate
Winger: passable Defending: weak
Scoring: poor Set Pieces: poor
He sold for 45,000 euro. Next week I probably see a strong player promote, who got training in defense and profited from the mass upgrade.

For me the YA appears to become a goldmine. This is my new youngster:
quote: Marcus Klingeman (19649535)
16 years and 29 days

We have an interesting prospect to evaluate. He goes by the name of Marcus Klingeman and is 16 years old.

If we look at his Playmaking skills, I would rate him as a prodigious young player. With his inadequate overall skills, this might be the player for us.

I also still have a solid 16 yo forward halfway towards excellent. But with above pull I decided to go for PM training and scoring as secondary.

BCLG100
31-12-2007, 13:59
My first really really good pull

Edward Harrison (188227092) [Add this player to your bookmarks]
17 years and 104 days, passable form, healthy
A pleasant guy who is calm and dishonest.

Speciality: Head

Next birthday: 08/01/2008
Nationality: England
Total Skill Index (TSI): 1 690
Wage: 287 £/week
Owner: BCLG United

Playmaking: weak Passing: solid
Winger: passable Defending: poor
Scoring: passable Set Pieces: inadequate

It's very tempting to keep him as a scoring trainee, i forget does passing matter as a forward? whilst in the YS i had him as a winger.

arne1
31-12-2007, 17:21
passing is the most important side skill for a forward imnsho.

Robboo
31-12-2007, 17:32
I just picked up a hot prospect at PM. Finally after so long I have a player I can train in YA then promote and keep on my team. I want the "home grown" talent. That I can fine tune his secondaries in the YA.

socralynnek
31-12-2007, 19:10
Lutz Hofstaetter-Probst (187989870)

is up for sale tomorrow.

17 years and 97 days.

solid winger with passable scoring and weak PM.

Should bring me some money...

EDIT: He was sold for 81K Euro which gives me my YA money back for 5 weeks...

Aggie
02-01-2008, 12:28
I got another good pull, but worse than expected:

quote:Jaron Hunsel (188287129)
18 years and 19 days, passable form, healthy
A sympathetic guy who is temperamental and honest.
Has poor experience and poor leadership abilities.

Speciality: Head

Next birthday: 04-04-2008
Total Skill Index (TSI): 840
Wage: 370 €/week

Playmaking: weak Passing: poor
Winger: poor Defending: passable
Scoring: passable Set Pieces: poor

His replacement is a 15 yo hot prospect FW. So things are going really well there.

EDIT: he sold for an amazing 57.000 euro!

BCLG100
04-01-2008, 22:29
anyone need a YA friendly?

sz_matyas
04-01-2008, 22:49
send me a challenge, I'm always up for YA friendlies (though I've been terrible about scheduling them)

Robboo
05-01-2008, 01:31
sz and bc..anytime you need them and I am available I will accept. I usually forget and skip it.

BCLG100
05-01-2008, 01:50
Same, i should probably remember to organise them better

Mistfit
12-01-2008, 16:58
ok... I have a good problem to have.. I am pulling a hopefully solid keeper tomorrow and need to switch up who and what I am training. I have (4) - 15 yr old players that I think are worth training..

quote:In my opinion, this player is a prodigious player when it comes to Scoring. Given the chance to improve his Passing skills, this guy might well reach passable in that department. I would say as an allrounder, he's passable.
This guy is currently a 4.5 star winger.

quote:In my opinion, this player is a talented player when it comes to Passing. Given the chance to improve his Passing skills, this guy might well reach solid in that department. I would say as an allrounder, he's inadequate.
This guy is a 5.5 star winger.

quote:Coach this player right and you will get weak Playmaking before you know it! In my opinion, this player is a prodigious player when it comes to Winger.
I only had room to put this guy at forward, one week.. he was 3 star..

Lastly:
quote:Looking at his Defending skills, this boy could very well be a hot prospect talent. Right now I would say his Defending capabilities are around the inadequate level.
This guy is a 5.5 star CD.

So.. I presume I should be thinking about training winger with a backer of passing but.. I thought I would come ask the experts first.. what do you think?

BCLG100
13-01-2008, 16:42
Doesn't passing train everyone?

you may as well train winger and defending- possibly try and get a couple more defenders.

then go hard on the passing just before you pull them for a few weeks say short passes and through passes or something.

Mistfit
13-01-2008, 17:55
As Meli once was heard yelling down some unknown hallway....

WOOOooooOOooOOOOOOooooooOOOOOOOooooOOOOOOOt!

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f383/Mistfit/Other%20Stuff/MaxChristie.jpg

Hottrick keeper tool lists him out at:

Goaltending: solid (7.33058407162)

Notice the defending too! The secondary helped him some in that.

I will train this one with hopes of a U20 spot some day.

[beer1]

arne1
17-01-2008, 09:04
first usefull pul for me.
17 and 31 days:

solid scoring, inadequate wing and sp and weak passing.

will list him tonight

Mistfit
19-01-2008, 01:09
I have to decide how to train him in the big club now as I would really like him to be U20.. just to say I have..

My quandary now is what to train his stamina at.. it is currently at inad. I do not want to lose training on GK and have him fall behind I do not want to hamper my team by losing stamina.. also I wonder about training defense in the off season as that seems to be becoming more important in the future.

any thoughts?

arne1
19-01-2008, 12:06
I think it would be best to put stamina up a bit now, so his stamina will go up quicker and stamina does effect the training speed. And lower it again when he reaches solid or do something in steps like go up to 15 now and next week go to 14 etc. until you hit your original stamina level again.
Of course you have to figure out the details yourself.

arne1
20-01-2008, 10:16
another usefull pull solid defens 18,4 yo or something weak and poor on sideskills

akots
20-01-2008, 11:11
I have to decide how to train him in the big club now as I would really like him to be U20.. just to say I have..

You've got to write to the coach. It might be he can go at least as a sub if not the A-squad. But coach might have his own considerations. Just like in case of my winger for Chilean U-20 which was used in 2 matches and then discarded in favor of a guy with same number of stars but higher TSI. The coach also needs to make sure you will progress well with training.

BCLG100
21-01-2008, 02:24
I've got a player who's 18 but has been rated as prodigious talent awhile back. i've therefore been training him for scoring (what he was supposedly best at) i was also training wing for a bit and now passing. However i was told after the latest game that he can't learn much more from the training academy. In his last game however he only got 6 stars- so any ideas on what i should do? is it just that he recieves no benefit for scoring anymore but will for the passing i have doing at the same time? He is now 18 but hasnt been in my team a whole season so i can't promote him just yet regardless.

Robboo
21-01-2008, 04:24
Switch him to wing and train him there. You then will have a god FTW trainee.

Aggie
23-01-2008, 14:22
Another player that maxed out in December without having received training:

quote:Nicky van der Tuuk (190251423)
17 years and 93 days, passable form, healthy
A pleasant guy who is calm and honest.

Next birthday: 11-02-2008
Total Skill Index (TSI): 1 750
Wage: 1 670 €/week

Stamina: weak Goalkeeping: passable
Playmaking: disastrous Passing: disastrous
Winger: disastrous Defending: disastrous
Scoring: disastrous Set Pieces: disastrous

He sold for 42,000 euro.

Aggie
12-02-2008, 09:19
I didn't get a pop for my best youth striker for a long time, but after 10 scoring A trainings after his solid pop I decided to pull him:

quote:Wim Lantink (192308095)
17 years and 8 days, passable form, healthy
A sympathetic guy who is calm and dishonest.
Has disastrous experience and inadequate leadership abilities.

Next birthday: 26-05-2008
Total Skill Index (TSI): 1 480
Wage: 610 €/week

Playmaking: weak Passing: weak
Winger: poor Defending: inadequate
Scoring: excellent Set Pieces: poor

I am happy and very relieved to see that he DID pop, but that the pop wasn't mentioned by the coach! (Why would you, it's only a pop to excellent...)

Aggie
15-02-2008, 10:00
I got 1.129.000 euro for Lantink. By far my best pull ever. [charge]

BCLG100
12-03-2008, 12:45
anyone need a youth friendly?

just challenge me :)

BCLG100
10-06-2008, 11:02
everyone seen the new stuff you can do with your players? player orders/subs?

Aggie
10-06-2008, 13:52
Yes I saw it...
I'm going to give it a week before I try it out...

Mistfit
10-06-2008, 23:54
The only bright spot in my HT career right now is this guy in my youth system...

quote:In this game, I studied Bob Roush. His Scoring is solid I would say.

I don't think the youth team is the right place for Bob Roush any more. At least when it comes to Winger, he's simply unable to improve any more.

Bob Roush? He's got some passable Passing skills.

16 years and 95 days

@Aggie.. do you remember how many stars your sticker was before you pulled him?

Aggie
11-06-2008, 11:23

@Aggie.. do you remember how many stars your sticker was before you pulled him?

My striker Lantink? He had 7.5 stars...

Mistfit
11-06-2008, 14:47
Cool.. my guy is 7 stars.. so hopefully cash in on him

Aggie
11-06-2008, 15:10
Your guy has better passing, so he MIGHT need 8 stars to get to excellent scoring.

Aggie
11-06-2008, 15:10
Your guy has better passing, so he MIGHT need 8 stars to get to excellent scoring.

Mistfit
11-06-2008, 20:13
quote: I have found what seems to be a great prospect for you. He is 15 years old and is called Bob Roush.

In my opinion, this player is a prodigious player when it comes to Scoring. Given the chance to improve his Passing skills, this guy might well reach passable in that department. I would say as an allrounder, he's passable.

Do we sign him, boss?

so.. do I wait until it tells me he is excellent or pull him when he hits 17 exactly?

Aggie
12-06-2008, 07:59
Those are the questions that I am asking myself all the time. Prodigious doesn't mean that the player can reach excellent. I had a prodigious mid who topped at solid.

My best player now is almost 17 yo and solid in PM. I am unsure if he is going to reach excellent, but I am going to try. He will promote until I see a pop or a message saying that he reached his maximum.

The gap between excellent and solid regarding sales is huge, that's why I choose this approach.

If I'm right... I don't know. Maybe someone else knows???

Mistfit
12-06-2008, 13:43
Well.. It took around 4 weeks for him to go from passable to solid in scoring.. I think it will have been about the same when he turns 17.. I may wait a week or 2 after his birthday to see if he pops.

socralynnek
12-06-2008, 15:46
That's something which is nice about the new system. It is not straight forward.

If you wanna keep him, then train him as long as possible in the academy.

If you wanna sell him: If he is close to his max at 17, then keep him until max.
If he has just popped at 17 then it might get you more selling him then.

there is no easy way to say which is best.

ProPain
25-06-2009, 12:06
Called my scout and he gave me this

Fredje Hecht looks promising. He is 15 years old and seems to have something extra.

Without any further training, this player will remain with weak Winger. With his inadequate overall skills, this might be the player for us. Given the chance to improve his Winger skills, this guy might well reach inadequate in that department.

thought, what the heck and gave him a chance. It was mostly the inadequate overall skills that appealed to me. COuld mean he's an crappy allround player but might a peak in some skill as well.But as it's all new to me it might just be a bad mistake [lol]

Aggie
26-06-2009, 09:50
Called my scout and he gave me this

thought, what the heck and gave him a chance. It was mostly the inadequate overall skills that appealed to me. COuld mean he's an crappy allround player but might a peak in some skill as well.But as it's all new to me it might just be a bad mistake [lol]

This is a great pull. Try him on several other spots!!! He has 3 main skills. The minimum of winger and maximum of playmaking are now clear. But who knows what his defending/scoring could be?

Here's some interesting reading material, as a reaction to Shabba's questions at his start:

Training occurs exactly 24 hours after a match. Right now you could opt for individual as an A-training, until you get prospects with talents elsewhere.

First of all: good to see that you have three scouts.
I rarely look for specific players from the scouts. Also do I rarely match my A-squad training with my B-squad training. All my promoted players were either sold or were useless. I haven't been training my own old-YA players myself until now.

I do specifically look for one of the following traits in the reports from the first two scouts (a player from the 3rd scout I usually accept):
- I almost always accept a 15 year old player
- starting strength (on a main skill) inad or higher for 16 yo and passable or higher for 17 yo
- potential passable or higher (on a main skill) for 16 yo and solid or higher for 17 yo
- allrounder: inad or higher for 16 yo and passable or higher for 17 yo (a very weak allrounder might be a keeper!)

Regarding training
- I choose the training type which suits my best prospect best. So if I have a great defender prospect I train defending as A-training. Last season I had an excellent defender prospect and a solid PM prospect. I went 100% for the defender, because that would generate the highest profit. Profit is the reason why I have a YA.
- If you have more prospects and no real future gem: individual training shouldn't be underestimated. It trains all fielded players on several skills suitable for the played position (though one skill per game), but also tells you a lot about current strength or potential of a player.
- Don't use the same training for A and B training. If you do that than the B-training will be far less usefull. But should you train defending, you CAN then also train defensive positions or individual, thus training a defender even quicker.
- I always train my star player until his main skill is fully trained. I then sell, unless the player is < 17 yo or less than one season in the academy (or when I assume that another skill is close to popping).
- Training comments are very very criptic if you don't know the exact meaning. This is an interesting link:
http://www.hattricks.de/index.php?title=Englische_Orginaltexte

Regarding fielding players
- Try to field a newly accpeted player on as many positions as possible to know his starting strength (at least try to know if he's good at winger, scoring, PM, keeping and/or defending).
- Use the subtitution or behavior player order to let certain players play the last 5 minutes on another spot. You will then get the full star rating for that player on that position.

Example: if you have a defender of which you like to know how strong he is on the midfield: let him play as PM for the last 5 minutes. You then get a view on how good he is at that and he still trains defending for 85 minutes.

Tip: it might be worthwile to join the Youth Squad Federation or check out their forum. There are great tips there.

ProPain
26-06-2009, 20:25
This is a great pull. Try him on several other spots!!! He has 3 main skills. The minimum of winger and maximum of playmaking are now clear. But who knows what his defending/scoring could be?

Max wing you mean? I dont see any reference to PM

Aggie
28-06-2009, 10:59
Max wing you mean? I dont see any reference to PM
You are right. So you don't know two of the main skills. Even better...

Shabbaman
10-07-2009, 12:02
My GK talent is already maxed out at SP... at disastrous [xx(]

ProPain
14-07-2009, 07:07
Thomas Burgman (56405733)
17 years and 17 days, Next birthday: 17-10-2009

Scout Comment

Right, this week's candidate is 17 years of age and is called Thomas Burgman.

Without any further training, this player will remain with disastrous Winger. Given the chance to improve his Keeper skills, this guy might well reach solid in that department.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Solid GK seems like a really good deal. Hired him. Although his current GK level is unknown he shows 7 out of 8 squares filled in the skillbar. Does this mean anything or is this just a random fill as long as it's unknown?

Also I'm wondering if training individual first and group PM second will do to get him to solid? I'm doing this to get the best of both worlds (training non-pm as pm players bt emphasizing PM because that's the training of my main squad) but I dont have a clue of this is the smart thing to do.

Last question: Am I right I can only promote a player after they have played for at least one season? In other words I will only be able to promote him after he's turned 18 not at 17?

socralynnek
14-07-2009, 10:06
Is it really filled? AFAIK, you can see his max skill that way. There are three types of bars: One for max skill, one for current skill and the yellow one if max = current.

Edit: Yes, he has to be a season in your youth squad to be promoted.

Aggie
14-07-2009, 10:16
Thomas Burgman (56405733)
17 years and 17 days, Next birthday: 17-10-2009

Scout Comment

Right, this week's candidate is 17 years of age and is called Thomas Burgman.

Without any further training, this player will remain with disastrous Winger. Given the chance to improve his Keeper skills, this guy might well reach solid in that department.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Solid GK seems like a really good deal. Hired him. Although his current GK level is unknown he shows 7 out of 8 squares filled in the skillbar. Does this mean anything or is this just a random fill as long as it's unknown?

Also I'm wondering if training individual first and group PM second will do to get him to solid? I'm doing this to get the best of both worlds (training non-pm as pm players bt emphasizing PM because that's the training of my main squad) but I dont have a clue of this is the smart thing to do.

Last question: Am I right I can only promote a player after they have played for at least one season? In other words I will only be able to promote him after he's turned 18 not at 17?

Training individual does nothing for goalkeeping. So if you want to train him, that's no good idea then...

I assume that 7 bars have a white color. Which means that solid is the max potential for the GK.

Also you should really let Fredje Hecht play on several other spots. This guy may be a gem!!!

ProPain
14-07-2009, 20:57
Training individual does nothing for goalkeeping. So if you want to train him, that's no good idea then...

I assume that 7 bars have a white color. Which means that solid is the max potential for the GK.

Also you should really let Fredje Hecht play on several other spots. This guy may be a gem!!!

I'm playing Hecht as innermid because I'm hoping that will reveal his PM skills. Or is this not necessary?

Aggie
15-07-2009, 10:35
I'm playing Hecht as innermid because I'm hoping that will reveal his PM skills. Or is this not necessary?

That is very interesting info, but the stars you receive from a player on a position also is. There are tools with which you can judge the current strength of a player based on the stars...

Aggie
15-07-2009, 10:42
Finally another reasonable pull:

Jacco Gouda (252942575)
17 years and 40 days, Next birthday: 25-09-2009
In passable form, weak stamina.
A popular guy who is temperamental and honest.
Has disastrous experience and wretched leadership abilities.

Owner: Lucky Aggie (since 12-07-2009)
Total Skill Index (TSI): 670
Wage: 390 €/week
Speciality: Technical

Current skills
Stamina: weak Keeper: disastrous
Playmaking: passable Passing: inadequate
Winger: weak Defending: poor
Scoring: weak Set pieces: poor

He just sold for 167,000 euro

ProPain
15-07-2009, 13:44
That is very interesting info, but the stars you receive from a player on a position also is. There are tools with which you can judge the current strength of a player based on the stars...

Ah! In that case Fredje Hecht will start to play different positions immediately :)

Shabbaman
22-07-2009, 16:17
Wow. An almost 16 y.o. that I played at the GK position (the first one I tried at that spot after my current GK maxed out) got 5 stars. I switched back to training GK. 5 days until I promote my solid GK. Any ideas for a starting price?

Aggie
23-07-2009, 09:26
Looks like pirces have dropped. Because of the holidays? Last time I checked you could get more than 1 M out of a barely 17 yo GK. Now the max price is 460,000.......

Shabbaman
23-07-2009, 11:12
Hm, bad luck...

yndy
31-07-2009, 14:22
I think the prices for barely 17s are going down fast and prices for single skilled 17s are also decreasing. That's because the academies are pulling lots of them these days. I think 17 yo + secondaries is the thing to do right now.

I have 2 forwards almost ready to pull, Demjen Orosz is 17.25 and I can pull him already but he's passable scoring, passable passing and can reach solid scoring. I'm training scoring + shooting to get him to solid asap.

Selen Furtuna is 16.92 and has solid scoring + passable winger + poor passing, I will pull him at 17.0 and his scoring skill will be mid-high.

I got two weeks ago my first excellent scoring potential - Emilian Leca. Will be able to pull earliest at 17.92 though and his current scoring is weak so lots of training needed. He has weak passing already but I'm not sure I can give him passing training given the need to invest a lot in his scoring.

Scoring + shooting seems like a good idea especially since I have a 3 more players with potential to reach passable or even solid scoring which do not get one of the 3 training spots because of the players above.

Aggie
03-08-2009, 09:35
I think the prices for barely 17s are going down fast and prices for single skilled 17s are also decreasing. That's because the academies are pulling lots of them these days. I think 17 yo + secondaries is the thing to do right now.

I have 2 forwards almost ready to pull, Demjen Orosz is 17.25 and I can pull him already but he's passable scoring, passable passing and can reach solid scoring. I'm training scoring + shooting to get him to solid asap.

Selen Furtuna is 16.92 and has solid scoring + passable winger + poor passing, I will pull him at 17.0 and his scoring skill will be mid-high.

I got two weeks ago my first excellent scoring potential - Emilian Leca. Will be able to pull earliest at 17.92 though and his current scoring is weak so lots of training needed. He has weak passing already but I'm not sure I can give him passing training given the need to invest a lot in his scoring.

Scoring + shooting seems like a good idea especially since I have a 3 more players with potential to reach passable or even solid scoring which do not get one of the 3 training spots because of the players above.

I indeed notice a dramatic drop in prices too. For a barely 17 yo solid foward you would get 300k 2 months ago. Now it seems you should be happy with 100k...

Are prices dropping overall as well? If not then training becomes very very important again.

Shabbaman
27-08-2009, 15:30
Wow. An almost 16 y.o. that I played at the GK position (the first one I tried at that spot after my current GK maxed out) got 5 stars. I switched back to training GK. 5 days until I promote my solid GK. Any ideas for a starting price?

Well, tough luck: the guy was inadequate at goalkeeping, and after several weeks of training it proved he couldn't improve any further. Crap.

arne1
28-09-2009, 17:35
i just promoted my 17 yo solid midfielder, I now have a solid and a passable scoring both also 17 ready for promotion and one that can reacht excelent and another one that can reach solid, I also have a goalkeeper that can reach solid and has solid sp. I think I will start loosing matches shortly without my solid midfielder.

midfielder sold for 420k.

arne1
29-10-2009, 17:32
I have a prospect that can get to excelent scoring with inadequate passing, he is now solid scoring at 16.045. His passing is not known yet.

Aggie
03-11-2009, 15:25
I have a prospect that can get to excelent scoring with inadequate passing, he is now solid scoring at 16.045. His passing is not known yet.

Congrats with that. Hopefully you get something out of him.

I just sold a 17 y 45 d solid winger with inad passing and PM for..... 55.000 euro. Prices are dropping.

arne1
04-11-2009, 10:36

I just sold a 17 y 45 d solid winger with inad passing and PM for..... 55.000 euro. Prices are dropping.

That seems to be the case. I tend to get prices below the average tranfer compare.

Shabbaman
08-02-2010, 19:50
Wow, I sold a youth pull again... for 17k :o

Aggie
25-03-2010, 13:57

I just sold a 17 y 58 d solid winger for.......... 1.000 euro.

OUCH!!!

Shabbaman
25-03-2010, 15:05
I train these guys. As a matter of fact, I just saw you injured one of these guys. Only weak playmaking though. If you want to make money with young wingers they have to have some decent playmaking, otherwise they're not worth a lot. However, if you train them for a full season (until something like outstanding pm) they're worth a lot. I sold a 18 y.o. with inadequate PM for a million.

Aggie
25-03-2010, 15:09
As a matter of fact, I just saw you injured one of these guys. Sorry about that. He played 89 minutes and still doesn't get any training......

Aggie
08-07-2010, 09:46
Frederick Bassie, 17 y and 3 d young, solid playmaking, inad defense and wing, sold for 340,000. Best sale in a year!

socralynnek
08-07-2010, 09:54
Had a nice pull this week with 17y 0d. Solid wing + inad PM. Will train him myself (first in midfield, then as winger)

Aggie
11-08-2010, 13:02
Best sale since at least a year. 500K for this player. Seems like I sold him at the best time possible, early in the season and at the start of the training speed increase! A bit overpriced but I'm not complaining.

Piet Stob (295458839)
17 years and 8 days

Total Skill Index (TSI): 1 120

Current skills
Keeper: 1/20 disastrous
Defending: 6/20 passable
Playmaking: 5/20 inadequate
Winger: 2/20 wretched
Passing: 6/20 passable
Scoring: 4/20 weak
Set pieces: 3/20 poor

yndy
02-09-2010, 11:48
I'm training a forward that can be excellent scoring, inadequate passing and indequate winger. The earliest to pull out is at 17 years and 38 days. But I'm not sure if he'll be fully trained by then. Last season's sales were not enough to cover the cost of the academy. :(

Shabbaman
19-10-2010, 10:27
For the first time I got a youth player that could be excellent at a main skill by the time that he's 17. Party!

Aggie
19-10-2010, 11:36
Congrats! Now focus on this guy completely!